Search results

1. Odizzieus

Broken McIntosh 2100 for 200 worth it?

craiglist ad says it’s “Not pretty, not trash either. It's blowing fuses. Does not power on. $200 firm.” These things hard to fix? Worth the chance? I have mild experience replacing filter capacitors and soldering. I have access to oscilloscopes and other equipment.
  2. Odizzieus

Project essential iii with om10 vs b&o rx2 with mmc5

Which of these should I keep in my main rig vs my living room for the best sound quality
  3. Odizzieus

Technics SL-3350 turns itself off and on

If I turn the player on and set it to start, it will move to the record, lower the arm about halfway, pull it back up, return to rest, and then the strobe will turn off. The strobe then turns itself back on, it will lift the arm above its cradle, and then lower it back into the cradle, turning...
  4. Odizzieus

Dual 506 with AT signet cart worth picking up for $125?

Didn’t say for sure but it’s a gold colored cartridge
  5. Odizzieus

Dual 506 with AT signet cart worth picking up for $125?

it would replace my project essential iii with Ortofon om10. Worth it?
  6. Odizzieus

Help needed with Harman Kardon a220 “the lute”

Alright I’m reviving this thread. So far I’ve replaced the filter capacitors twice, the jelly bean capacitors, the voltage doubler capacitors, any other electrolytics, and the diodes in the rectifier. Anyone other things that can introduce a hum into the circuit that is not related to grounding?
  7. Odizzieus

Fisher 200t weak FM signal

There is no fm mute adjust
  8. Odizzieus

I also want to clarify that when I say weak, I mean extremely quiet. The signal strength is strong according to the indicator. The actual audio can not be heard unless I turn the knob up to max
  9. Odizzieus

I just picked up a fisher 200t today for $28 dollars at an estate sale. The phono input and aux both work, but when I switch to the FM input with an antenna connected, the signal is barely audible at full volume. The signal strength meter works, but the stereo light never shows, likely just...
  10. Odizzieus

Roberts 1725

Following your advice I was able to successfully turn my Akai 1710w into a tube amp. Thanks!
  11. Odizzieus

Honestly I think I’m just gonna sell the dumb thing. It’s starting to cost too much to repair and idk what the problem is anymore.
  12. Odizzieus

The phono preamp only works with the old tubes, not the new sovtek 12ax7lps. Any idea for why this is happening? It is in the speakers, just extremely extremely faint. The tubes glow and work in the other spots on the unit, just not the phono preamp for some reason. The old tubes work fine, but...
  13. Odizzieus

What about the random crackling noise in the speakers that is present with volume all the way down
  14. Odizzieus

What Value would you recommend?
  15. Odizzieus

I guess I could also try placing a capacitor between the mains. Should I try a 120v 50uF or something?
  16. Odizzieus

Every resistor is slightly out of spec, but not extremely. The only other capacitors are the three in the phono preamp, the jelly bean shaped ones. I’m not sure what to replace those with. I’m definitely going to redo some of my soldering, because it wasn’t the greatest, and it doesn’t looks...
  17. Odizzieus

Yamaha Rx-900u delayed relay click

C190 was replaced with no result
  18. Odizzieus

I have two different problems, I already know what I need to replace to get the amp working again that’s not the issue, the issue is that the relay still doesn’t click shortly after startup. Is there anything else that can affect the timing
  19. Odizzieus

But shouldn’t the unit be able to work without the two phono preamp tubes?
  20. Odizzieus

Yeah, I need to replace transistor q140 cause it’s fried, but after I fix that I’ll see what happens again Oh wait no, c190 didn’t blow. I blew a resistor.
  21. Odizzieus

Well, I figured it out. When the phono preamp tubes are installed, the unit is extremely noisy, but plays. When I remove the phono preamp tubes and try to play something through the unit, it won’t play. The two phono preamp tubes were tung sols, so would replacing those lower the noise? And what...
  22. Odizzieus

Need help with Yamaha rx-900u

q140 is not reading correctly when I test with multi meter, if that transistor is bad, (its a 2sa1265), would that blow the resistor?
  23. Odizzieus

I believe the resistor is r248
  24. Odizzieus

If I had to take a guess at the issue, I think it’s the 2sa1265, as when I try to get a voltage reading from it in diode tester from base to emmiter, I get nothing
Back
Top Bottom