Search results

1. Oerets

Lynward WW Review

Back in October of 2023 I purchased a WC-10 Walnut cabinet for one of my Marantz units. Wanted it unfinished, no top coat. Since was going to oil and wax it myself. Paid and received it promptly well packed. No problems so far. Then, upon unpacking noticed right off that the front trim...
  2. Oerets

Ohhh that smell!

Back a few months ago rebuilt a pair of Dynaco MK IV's from the ground up. Have a set of the "new" Quad Mullard EL34's I purchased from someone who was going to build a amp to use in them. Fast forward to a few weeks ago one of the EL34's Red plated on me. So back to the bench they would go...
  3. Oerets

PayPal question.

Will not go into much detain on the transaction history and details. Still in question as to the final result. Cliff notes, Bought and paid for an item on our own BT in early December last year. Seller never sent the item always had a reason after I would message. Today after asking for update...
  4. Oerets

OK, my Delima can not pick a favorite from the MB's Magnificent Seven

Big Moody Blues fan from way back before may were even a sparkle in someones eye..... Been listening to the albums of my youth and to tell you the truth can not decide the one over the other of the Magnificent Seven of the Moody Blues...... Try's I may the one listening to always wins....as...
  5. Oerets

Oldie with a Ipod classic with a question?

Ok still kinda new to the whole Ipod scene. Was using a Sony MP3 for at the Y or Gym with wired headphones. Picked up a Ipod Classic 160G last year IIRC and it was nice to have the added room and it didn't sound too bad either. Well one of my sons had a 30G that he forgot about. So with...
  6. Oerets

Roadkill Facebook contest scam?

OK a close friend was messaging Roadkill on FB and thru the course ended up winning a car. My worries are it is a scam of some sort. To early to tell just happened so have to see. Has anyone know anything on this?
  7. Oerets

Anthony Gallo MPS-150 Puzzle???

This was given to me in this condition. Driver is fine the previous owner took it apart to see what was inside. Then being unable to reassemble passed it along for parts due to me having three of them. Anyone else come across one of these apart before? I'm thinking it will take another...
  8. Oerets

Grado replacement stylus?

Having a few, more the a couple older Grado cartridges around. Then hearing or reading the newer body style stylus has trouble in the older cartridges. Is there a problem with any newer replacement in to the GF3, RS III or MF3e cartridges? Looking to use a Gold or 8MZ in one of my older...
  9. Oerets

Just when I thought I was out….

They pull me back in…… Been laid up dealing with some lower back issues for some time. Still have the hunters blood pumping. So looking for interesting things of fancy. Not really wanting to get back into the day to day grind of buying to sell anymore games. Last week spied this Eico...
  10. Oerets

Windows 11 rant...

Just a quick observation of mine on Windows 11 installed on a new computer purchased. Could not upgrade my old Windows 10 due to hardware issues. First issue was the Windows "S" only allowing Windows Apps from them to be chosen. Have to remove it from computer. Then the Onedrive being the...
  11. Oerets

Power Transformer for a X-101B

Have a X-101B with open high voltage windings. Besides the X101B is there other models power transformer that would work?
  12. Oerets

Dynaco MKIV Twins

Picked up a pair of MKIV twins the other day. No tubes. As is.... Price was right....... Kinda a work in progress. One can cap was leaking and both the previous owner (s) had done some personalizing to them. Tested the iron and seeing wires loose and evidence of a can leaking. Have not...
  13. Oerets

An·tic·i·pa·tion! Case Knife repair review...

When dong a look see at some of my knifes. Oiling and, yes ogling and fondling them. Noticed what I at first believed was a pencil mark on a new in box 63087 CV Red Bone Stockman Pocket knife. Upon further examination determined it was a crack! Contacted Case via the net. Got a reply to send...
  14. Oerets

Bottlehead Foreplay I Volume control?

Round about in my travels became a new owner of a troubled Bottlehead Foreplay I. Got it up and singing once again on the blind. Was this offered as a kit? The unit I have seems to lead in that direction. Poor craftsmanship and layout ..... Anyway as to the volume controls, (two) they are...
  15. Oerets

Microsoft Edge running in back ground.......

When getting a computer ready for a Zoom meeting a few days back. Found Microsoft's Edge browser running in the background. We use FF and still using W10. Talked to others and we seem to believe a update was behind the running of Edge. I disabled it in startup using CCleaner. So far it has...
  16. Oerets

What a great guy, Rapide

Thanks to Rapide seeing my ad on BT, now the new owner of a Marantz WC-10 walnut cabinet for my 3200. Fantastic job in packing and shipping it to me. A real pleasure and hope to stay in touch. Thanks again.
  17. Oerets

Marantz 2110 High Voltage Transformer fused?

Working on a 2110 that is new to me. With a blank scope staring back at me. Everything else is working seemingly well. In the walnut cabinet also. Pretty attractive unit even without the scope working. My question since it appears that the high voltage is open. Is there an internal fuse inside...
  18. Oerets

Old Dog and learning not so new tricks......

Right off, still have and spin my first LP bought in the 60's Days of Future pasted IIRC. CD's too. Picked up a Sony MP3 to use with wired headphones at the Gym. A good buddy is all Bluetooth and gave me a pretty sweet deal on some Apple gear. A 160GB iPod a Nano and a outfit to play it on...
  19. Oerets

Questions about Bluetooth ITunes and Cell Phone volume

Right off this is a new one for me. Pretty much zero experience with Bluetooth, ITunes and music on phones.... A good friend was showing me the setup yesterday. He was asking why the volume was so low. He had called and was needing help in setting it up. Went over and yes the phone needed...
  20. Oerets

ESS AMT 4 tweeters and Crossover stand alone?

I have a set of the tweeters and crossovers for the ESS AMT4 speakers. The cabinets were unrepairable (water damage and dropped at sometime in their life) and had replacement woofers along with the missing grills. So those parts are now long gone. Toying with making a enclosure to incorporate...
  21. Oerets

LP Tunes?

Are people having issues with orders with them?
  22. Oerets

Parasound Zamp protection woes

Working on a Parasound Zamp that will power up and play fine for a few minutes. Then click off until cooled down again. Found U303 to be suspect and schematic shows it as a 2072. It is a 8 pin DIP board mounted device. Marked 20720? Found this...
  23. Oerets

Insight into Smart TV and audio.

One of my sons is using this equipment for the sound to speakers for his TV Samsung 8000F TV One Connect Box Denon AVR 2307 TV connected to the One Connect Box. Only two set of cables. One big harness and power. Using the optical cable from the One Connect Box to the Denon's Optical input...
  24. Oerets

R.I.P. to a Great one! Meatloaf is gone!

Meat Loaf, 'Bat Out of Hell' rock superstar, dies at 74 https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/meat-loaf-bat-out-of-hell-rock-superstar-dies-at-74/ar-AASZSd9?ocid=uxbndlbing Thanks for all the great music! Job well done.
  25. Oerets

Stereo Tube Preamplifier from China?

For some reason I have been looking at getting something like this. Bothers me that you never see used ones up for sale on ebay. Or if they do have missed them. What is this fact telling me? Are they so good no one ever wants to sell one? Or junk? Any body have one. They make many...
Back
Top Bottom