Search results

1. R

subwoofer voice coil replacement or repair?

Is this possible?
  2. R

Did you guys see LBPete's thread: "The Joy of a Japanese Screwdriver"

pozi-drive rolls off the tongue! https://bsfixings.uk/the-difference-between-phillips-and-pozi-screw
  3. R

SAE Mark Four C replacement Pwr transistors

I finally checked all the resistors. I will probably replace just five, maybe 7 total. For the most part the resistors seem to be carbon film type. The only carbon composition resistors are the 12 ohms 1 watt in both channels. The bootstrap resistors (1.5 K and 2.7K) are carbon film type and...
  4. R

Hello Craig, my email is paulwehrlejr@gmail.com and many thanks for offering and sending me a...

Hello Craig, my email is paulwehrlejr@gmail.com and many thanks for offering and sending me a schematic for the SAE XXXI amplifier
  5. R

Assuming the clear blue tinted plastic used in the manufacture of the "holland" electrolytic capacitors is Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), it is likely those 64 mF 64 VDC capacitors overheated, probably in the range of 212 to 600 degrees Fahrenheit. It would amaze me if all the transistors checked...
  6. R

Again, many thanks to sregor and llwhtt
  7. R

2nd PREAMP Suggestions?

Try this one...I love it with my Adcom GFA-555 https://kenrockwell.com/audio/apt/holman-preamplifier.htm
  8. R

What do you mean by "all of these transistors are relatively slow"? Are you referring to low hFE values?
  9. R

Unfortunately, I do not have a schematic for the SAE XXXI amplifier. I was using the schematic for the XXXIb in the hopes I could use it to help figure out some things in repairing the XXXI, but came to the realization that it wouldn't. If anyone out there has an actual schematic for a XXXI...
  10. R

Currently I am repairing a SAE Mark XXXI power amp that is capable of 50 watts RMS per channel (can go up to 70 watts RMS before clipping, however this is unobserved by me with the use of a sine wave generator, an oscilloscope and a load). I hope to at a later date to find the benchtest graphs...
  11. R

My thanks to sregor and llwhtt for their replies. Right now I am in the midst of writing my synopsis of the problems found with the SAE Mark XXXI power amp that I owned. I will include results from the PEAK Atlas DC Pro testing of the output transistors and hopefully will resolve whether it...
  12. R

Hello. I found this thread a little bit confusing. I am trying to find replacements for the SAE 701 transistors. The thread started off promisingly referring to SAE 701 but subsequently changed to SAE 601 for which supposedly is the 2N3773 equivalent. I am hoping someone can tell me the...
Back
Top Bottom