Search results

1. T

Technics SL-23 or SL-DD33

My SL-DD33 has been my first TT and old reliable since day 1 six years ago. I just put a new cart on https://www.lpgear.com/product/LPGATSER05S.html LP gear T4P VS. I also have a Technics SL-23 in great shape. Would I be better off with the SL-23 and the new cart? I'm guessing the tonearm is...
  2. T

Impedance matching controls

The receiver is a pioneer sx-434
  3. T

Impedance matching controls

Hello everyone. When my house was built we had ceiling speakers installed, an left/right channel in the kitchen and single speaker in the dining room ceiling. Both rooms have an impedance matching volume control in their respective rooms. And there are two RCA female plug-ins in a closet off the...
  4. T

SX-770 Fuse Question

On my 770, the right channel fuse blows often. I've replaced it about 4 times now in the last few months. It starts with the right channel cutting in and out here and there. When I turn the receiver on quickly to Speaker B, which my speakers are on, as in from off to speaker B in less than a...
  5. T

Technics SL-23 or Technics SL-DD33

Bump for any more thoughts? I'm thinking of maybe looking an Ortofon Red on the SL-23 in the future. Right now I have an LP Gear CFT4PSE on both SL-DD33 & SL-23, would the Red/SL-23 be an improvement? TIA
  6. T

Need help configuring room

So I compensated by meeting in the middle. I shifted my monitors 45 deg towards the speakers, angled my chair a tiny bit more towards the speakers and gave better toe in to where I'm sitting with the speakers. I can still see my equipment and out the window without relocating everything. I'll...
  7. T

Do you feel like any sound is blocked by the monitors? I guess when you compare the two, sitting facing the speakers has to be better than at 90 deg no matter is some sound is blocked.
  8. T

I am an engineer who works from home everyday and I spin records probably 50% of the workday. For my job I need to use two widescreen monitors that take up about 3 feet when placed next to each other. Right now I have the monitors facing the window so I can see past them and outside if I'd like...
  9. T

Can you help identify these headphones?

Thanks a lot! I was just blindly searching google images of vintage headphones looking for that branding. Do you think they're worth $20-$30? They'd be my first set of headphones and I wouldn't use them all that much.
  10. T

Can you help identify these headphones?

I found a listing selling these headphones along with a non-working receiver. Can anyone help me identify the brand and if they're worth picking up? I can't make out the brand in the picture Thanks a lot!
  11. T

Pioneer SX-770 power rating and new speakers

Thank you very very much for that detailed and extremely informative post!
  12. T

Pioneer SX-770 power rating and new speakers

Hello, I have recently purchased Polk RC-80i ceiling speakers to pair with my SX-770 and Technics SL-23 turntable (they speakers should be delivered tomorrow). After ordering them I had read that an under powered amp could damage the speakers, I had thought it was only the other way around. So...
  13. T

SX-737 clicking on&off

Me too especially considering this circuitry stuff might as well be in latin for me :crazy:
  14. T

SX-737 clicking on&off

Ok so I switched out the speakers to an old pair, just to not troubleshoot with my new Klipsch's. And of course had to reconnect the old speakers and everything seems to be ok now. I had moved the speakers the other day and maybe I caused a short in the cables? Also thanks for all of the quick...
  15. T

SX-737 clicking on&off

Ok so I disconnected the speaker wires from the back of the speakers and the receiver did not click on/off as I turned the volume up.
  16. T

SX-737 clicking on&off

Hello everyone, this morning my SX-737 which has worked perfectly for 6+ months, started to click on and off every second or so the moment I turn the volume from 0 up to 1 or 2. It's kind of cold in the room, 60deg, I left the receiver on for 5 minutes or so and pointed a small heater at it and...
  17. T

R-51M

Does anyone have an experience or thoughts on these new-ish speakers?
  18. T

Pioneer SX-770 right channel

So I swapped the left and the right fuses (right fuse was in tact) and now the right channel works and the left is out so that absolutely confirms it was the fuse right?. Oddly though I had to switch it to Mono mode to get sound. I just ordered some new 2a fast blow fuses.
  19. T

Update again - it looks like one of the fuses on the amp board is out, is this the issue for the right channel not working? It is the one of the left if you're looking at the back of the unit. If so does anyone know where I can get a replacement?
  20. T

Update - spraying the switches/buttons/balance pot did nothing.
  21. T

Hi everyone, I recently acquired a clean SX-770. Everything worked normally for the first few days but the previous owner did say that sometimes you had to jiggle the stereo/mono button to get both channels working. Yesterday the right channel stopped working completely regardless of fiddling...
  22. T

I'm definitely keeping them both for the long run. I was thinking the same thing for versatility of the SL-23 not being a P-mount. But I don't think I'll be spending money on new carts anytime soon as I just bought that LP gear CFT4PSE. The other silly nuance is that the SL-DD33 have a brand new...
  23. T

Background, I've been using a Technics SL-DD33 everyday for about a year now. I think it sounds great and it runs flawlessly well aside from the cueing dropping too fast so I have to slowly move the switch each time. I recently acquired a Technics SL-23 for free, cleaned it up, installed a new...
  24. T

Complete noob - SX-737

So I moved my whole set up from office this weekend because we were having some friends over. And after moving everything back the stereo light is coming on and off constantly. I disconnected my antenna wire and reconnected it but it didn't seem to help. Can anyone think of any other...
  25. T

Complete noob - SX-737

I did that a day or so ago, thanks
Back
Top Bottom