Search results

1. R

XP Series Speakers 1959-1973

Here's the nudies of the 4 way crossover. Don't know if it is anything special or if anything should be replaced. Hope someone chimes in about that. After all the effort for a hermetic seal put into this box, I remove the 4 screws from the board holding the x-over and controls, it slides...
  2. R

So the drivers were not that difficult to remove. They have a sealer (not glue) that has remained extremely flexible after 45 years. Perhaps someone can identify the drivers as having been borrowed from the XP-? lineup, or only used in the 111's. The 12" woofer has a number clearly stamped along...
  3. R

Thanks for the tip, I'll check to see if they all work. But I'm gonna tear em down and clean em before hooking em up to a house stereo. They smell way worse than they look. I hooked up in my car for the ride home for the initial testing (was not pleasant). Then put hem on the work bench to...
  4. R

My observations shown in the pics above. Definitely intended to be an air tight cabinet. There is some type of sealer slathered on and around all the drivers. May make it difficult to pry them gently out. In addition, the factory dope that is mentioned in this thread is generously applied to the...
  5. R

Rocked em for about an hour then pulled the grills. Don't sound bad, don't sound great. Was very pleased to see that all the drivers are intact and I believe functioning. Wood veneer with real walnut trim on the front surrounding the grills. Probably add more info tomorrow as...
  6. R

The Fisher. Brought em. One bad spot on one can. Will post pics as restoration progresses
  7. R

Found a pair of 111 k at salval. 50$ price tag. Should I grab them? Pretty good shape. Have chains weaved thru the grills so they have probably been hanging somewhere for a long time
  8. R

RtR series lll. Worth saving?

What can you tell me about these particular speakers. Have you any personal experience with the RTR's
  9. R

Okay, so lack of response must mean these are not restoration worthy. The date on the tweeter indicates 1992. I guess RtR had stopped making quality by that time. I will take the router to them tomorrow and fit a set of 12" KLH drivers in these cabs. I'll start with no port and see how they sound.
  10. R

Got em for 10$ at a local Sallies. Cabs are decent and sturdy(though vinyl clad) and drivers test ok. The 10" woofer surrounds are unusually wide so replacements may be hard to find. Are these a quality speaker? Worth fixing? I have a decent set of 12" drivers that I could retrofit into these...
  11. R

worth buying?

BTW. I also grabbed an orphan RtR series III. Odd looking speaker with an impressive L pad.
  12. R

worth buying?

I discovered something special about these. They were either stored in or used in a barn. When played they emanate the smell of cowshit, which makes them Truly shitty speakers. I've only driven them with the old Eletrophonic I am restoring in the basement (not sure any speakers will sound great...
  13. R

worth buying?

Appreciate your replies. Found em at thrift store for 10$. I believe I too was fooled by the klh emblem.. nothing special about them after thorough examination. Thanks
  14. R

worth buying?

KLH model SX-8 speakers
  15. R

Hope an Ak'er got this!

YEP The 1976 receiver wars winner at 165wpc. SA-5760 Technics By Panasonic
  16. R

Hope an Ak'er got this!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/240978699925463?surface=product_details Contacted him immediately and prepared for a road trip. But a deal was already in place.
  17. R

'nuther speaker ID please (look like IMF to me)

Couldn't say what model, but they sure do remind me of the IMFs I've seen
  18. R

Aurelle Dynamics Speakers??

Have no idea on these. If you like them , enjoy. Doesn't matter what the name is.
  19. R

Which W70?

If someone used a brad nailer they may well have added some glue also. Try using the rubber handle end of a hammer or like tool thru the port tube to put pressure on, or tap the back panel loose.
  20. R

Aurelle Dynamics Speakers??

Pics make identification sooooo much easier.
  21. R

Vintage Alpha Speakers?

I like the simple elegant look of them. Lets have a peak under the hood. More pics please.
  22. R

Marantz TT 330

Thanx
  23. R

Marantz TT 330

I'll take it by the lack of response that it is not worth much. I couldn;t find any info on this particular model but all the other gear at this thrift store seems very mediocre. He also has a receiver I can't identify. Looks pre silver face and says solid state on the tuner dial but nothing else
  24. R

Marantz TT 330

Is it worth the $75 the guy wants? In good working condition
  25. R

What Is This?

Thanx And I got the "biscuit" ! Can't believe it actually worked!! The best I had on hand was a 82ohm resistor. soldered it on and fired it up. Staying powered. So that temp sensing, broken posistor thing was the problem. Didn't try all inputs but playing FM, only the center channel produces...
Back
Top Bottom