Search results

1. J

Receiver phono input too loud

The turntable was made for the other receiver, they were part of a set sold by Montgomery Ward, so I am assuming the phono in didn't have a pre-amp.
  2. J

I plugged my turntable into my TV receiver AUX, and I got music without having to crank my volume up very much, so I am assuming that it has a ceramic cartridge
  3. J

Thank you for the advice! I'm pretty sure my turntable has a ceramic cartridge, although it won't play 78s. It works through the Aux input, so I guess I will use that until I get a new turntable, since I was just using it to test the receiver. Thank you!
  4. J

No, I don't think so
  5. J

It's an old BSR turntable I've been using until I can get something nicer. Model number is GEN 6732
  6. J

I plugged it into my phono input on my old receiver, and it always worked fine
  7. J

No, my turntable does not have a built in preamp, it works fine with my other receiver. I plugged in my CD player into the phono input and it had the same loud distortion effect, it sounds fine when it is plugged into the aux input
  8. J

I just received a Sony Str-vx250 receiver today, and I am having some problems with the phono input. When I play audio through my turntable, with the volume nob under 1 it is extremely loud and distorted. It is the same with my CD player. Both the tape monitor and Aux inputs sound fine. Is...
Back
Top Bottom