Search results

1. 2

SL 1500c -owner impressions

Turntable Lab has carts already preinstalled on that style headshell.Ortofon,Nagoaka,etc.
  2. 2

Well,I Thought This Song Couldn’t Be Covered

But here is Sheryl Crowe doing Tombstone Blues on the Live in Central Park album, and pretty damn good,at that.
  3. 2

Your First Serious and Current attempt at High End Audio!

My first real try was: yamaha m60 Yamaha c60 Yamaha cd player Yamaha cassette deck AR EB 101 Turntable Kef 104/2 Speakers
  4. 2

Finally found an album at GW worth buying, WTH?

Ferrante and Teicher play Barbara Streisand's greatest hits?
  5. 2

How many speakers do you think Nora Jones or Diana Krall have sold?

Hearing the Live In Paris dvd did sell me on my first Denon HT receiver,and I became a fan.But seeing her live a few years ago,I found her show a little boring.
  6. 2

Long time audiophile but still need advice.

Arizona Hi Fi in Phoenix is more than willing to do that.
  7. 2

Help with Turntable ID

The levers suggest Garrard,but I'd have to see the arm,since the Zero 100 had a very unique arm.
  8. 2

Road & Track Magazine's 2020 Performance car of the Year is....not the new mid-engine Corvette

I owned a Tiburon,and everyone I knew who.owned one had the same.issues:It was a different platform than anything.else they made,so reliability was absolute shit.After throwing several thousand at it in repairs,I ended up donating it. So when I saw the unique styling of the Veloster,I...
  9. 2

Klipsch RP-600m Speakers On Sale

I owned 104/2 new,and the LS50 falls very short,IMHO.
  10. 2

The LS50 were bright,but detailed with a good soundstage.My issue with them was inefficientcy.Every time I really cranked it,my Power guard lights would blink.So I got seduced into trying the Klipsch.I have another speaker coming,so we will see.
  11. 2

I ended up moving them on.I was using them in my small listening room,and we're just overpowering,and gave me serious listener fatigue.My wife even came in and said they sounded "tinny".
  12. 2

New bookshelf speakers

Q Acoustics makes a few speakers in your price range that are highly regarded:The 3020i for just a few dollars more($315),and the 3010i,I think.
  13. 2

Anyone else notice the rise in non-service dogs inside stores?

Boomers started the trend.And since they have always done whatever was in their best interest,Now that they are empty nesters,they feel entitled to bring their animals everywhere they go.Now everyone else is following suit.It only really bothers me at grocery stores or restaurants,where food...
  14. 2

My first impression of Ls50's with Rogue Sphinx 3

I had mine on good stands out in the open,Powered by a Mac MA5300,and if I really tried to crank them,the power guard light would start to flash.
  15. 2

RIP Chadwick Boseman

RIP.He made a great Jackie Robinson in 42.
  16. 2

Hooking Up A Subwoofer to Ma5300

I want to get an Emotiva.powered sub,but how would I hook it up to my Ma5300?It doesn't have a sub out.Would I need to hook it up to my preout?
  17. 2

I've got monoprice stands coming that I'm going to fill with sand.
  18. 2

Heads up:Klipsch RP-600m are on sale at the Klipsch site,and Crutchfield for $479,about $150 off.Ive heard nothing but great things about them.Had to pick up a.pair myself.
  19. 2

Greatest TV Comedy Cast in your opinion

The Goon Show 30 Rock Reno 911
  20. 2

Good Movies without Sex-Violence-Language

It's quite an old film,but if you like faith based films,The Gospel According To Saint Matthew (1964) presents the gospel fairly close to scripture in a neo realist style.Italian with subtitles.
  21. 2

Good Movies without Sex-Violence-Language

Searching for Bobby Fischer My Dog Skip
  22. 2

Alaska Reopens Fully Friday

I'm the definition of high risk,and luckily I'm in the very fortunate position where I can stay home and still have a roof over my head,have health insurance,and a monthly check.My wife has been able to work from home,or only go in a few days a week,and still get full time pay(school district)...
  23. 2

New Turntable or New Phono Stage?

I second the P75 Mk IV.I got a Rega Planar 6 with an Alphetta 2,using the phono pre in my Mac MA5300.The P75 was a major upgrade in every way.Good luck on your search.
  24. 2

Goodwill auctions sure seem to get top dollar...

I bought a brand new Rega Planar 6 with Alpheta 2 cart a few years back for less than $100 more.
Back
Top Bottom