Search results

1. 2

Well,I Thought This Song Couldn’t Be Covered

But here is Sheryl Crowe doing Tombstone Blues on the Live in Central Park album, and pretty damn good,at that.
  2. 2

Hooking Up A Subwoofer to Ma5300

I want to get an Emotiva.powered sub,but how would I hook it up to my Ma5300?It doesn't have a sub out.Would I need to hook it up to my preout?
  3. 2

Klipsch RP-600m Speakers On Sale

Heads up:Klipsch RP-600m are on sale at the Klipsch site,and Crutchfield for $479,about $150 off.Ive heard nothing but great things about them.Had to pick up a.pair myself.
  4. 2

Can I Use MA5300 To Power Kappa 8's?

Locally there's a nice pair of Infinity Kappa 8 speakers for sale.My question is can I drive them properly with a 100 watt McIntosh MA5300 Integrated amp?It has Power Guard,but not Autoformers.All advice welcome.
  5. 2

My First All New System In 30 Years

So about a year or so ago,my wife said,"Why don't you buy the system you always wanted?".So I did.I figure this will be my final upgrade unless I win the lottery. My main system: McIntosh MA5300 Rega Planar 6 with Exact 2 Cartridge Kef LS50 Dynavector P75 mk4 phono preamp Blue Jeans...
  6. 2

Heresys Change My Old Klipsch Opinions

I picked up a very nice pair of Hereseys few weeks ago at a great price just to use with the Pioneer Sx-3600 and Pl-7 I had lying around. I've owned or heard many Klipsch over the years,from the RB series to Forte's to Chorus,to Kg4's,to La Scala's,and always came to the same...
  7. 2

Pilot series 400 Console heads up

I have no room for it.A console with a Pilot 400 Series receiver and a Garrard At6 turntable.The wood is fairly scratched,but it looks complete.It even has the At6 manual,and one extra Soviet made el84.Mesage me and I will give you location and price details.
  8. 2

My Own Private Secret Santa

Life got in the way of signing up for Secret Santa this year,so I have a small something to give.The first person who still has DVD Audio and SACD playback capability,post in this thread,then message me with your name and mailing address.
  9. 2

Speaker Wire Recommendations For New System

I know this can be a mine field,so please be civil.I got my first really good system last month(Mac integrated amp,Rega Planar 6,Kef LS50)and so far,Im using Crutchfield speaker cablles with built in banana plugs.Id like to use these for a secondary system,and move up a little on the food...
  10. 2

My New Dynavector P75 Phono Preamp

So I had purchased a whole new system last month,which I only got to listen to once before going on vacation in the medical "Hilton" for a month. The system consists of: McIntosh MA 5300 Integrated Amp Kef Ls50 Speakers Rega Planar 6 Turntable Exact2 Cartridge Audioquest Golden Gate...
  11. 2

I Finally Took The Plunge

For the first time since the mid '80's when I was in the AF(Yamaha M60/C60,Denon tt,Kef 104/2,etc.)I decided it was time to buy what I really wanted,not used,not entry level.So Im waiting on delivery of a whole new systerm:Kef LS50's,Mobile Fidelity Ultradeck with the Master Tracker cart,and my...
  12. 2

Arizona Diamondbacks Incredible Deal

Being retired now,I have been going to some DBacks games this summer.Then Sunday afternoon this deal shows up.Every home game in June and July(25 in all) for $50!The stadium has only been at 1/3 capacity most games this season,so it makes sense to get people in to buy food and beer,and bring the...
  13. 2

New U- Turn Orbit Special

I dont know if anyone has already posted this,but it looks like a killer deal to me.The Orbit Plus with the new arm,a cue lever,an Acrylic platter and a real hardwood(not veneer) plinth,and the Ortofon 2M Red cartridge.$459.That seems like a great deal to me...
  14. 2

Just Bought A Roku Streaming Stick

I had being using the wi fi streamer built into my Blue Ray player that is at least 5 years old.I was getting tired of all the freezing and buffering I was getting.Enter the new Roku Streaming Stick.This is the first technology product I have bought in years that feels like it was designed by...
  15. 2

Paladium Series Major Sale

The Klipsch Paladium Series are on sale at the Klipsch site-50% off or better on all the models I checked.This is a great chance to get a pair of their state of the art series at a killer price.If I had the cash on hand,I would be all over this one...
  16. 2

B&W Deal In Phoenix

If all the drivers are working properly,this is a deal. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/5573914524.html
  17. 2

RIchard Thompson In Scottsdale

Late last week I got an email from the Musical Instrument Museum.They just added Richard Thompson and special guest Hayes Carll to their concert calender.Tickets are 62.50.This is a wonderful opportunity to see him in a great looking and sounding venue that only holds about 275.Tickets are close...
  18. 2

The Musical Instrument Museum Concert Hall(Phoenix)

Three or four years ago I stumbled on a newish venue by accident(I was looking for a show on my night off).The Musical Instrument Museum Concert Hall is part of the MIM,which is a really fun Museum in and of itself.Its a beautiful venue with great acoustics that holds less that three hundred...
  19. 2

Tonight For Dinner

Ribeye steaks on the grill and homemade chocolate Ice Cream. That is all. Jimmy
  20. 2

Can I Use A MacIntosh Power Amp With Magnepan Speakers?

So I was reading on the Magnepan website that an ideal amp for their speakers should produce double the power at 4 ohms than it does at 8.So Im looking on the Mac site for amps,and even the biggest amps have the same rated power for 2,4 and 8 ohms.Would these be appropriate for use with Maggies...
  21. 2

Somebody in Phoenix Jump On This!

Its in Sun City,so the possiblity its real is there.JBL "Pairagon" console. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/ele/4667309958.html Somebody RUN! Jimmy
  22. 2

Vintage Speakers And a 3D Printed Dress

Dita and a stack of vintage speakers.Hard to beat.
  23. 2

Dual CS-5000

If I was in the UK,Id definitely check this out. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-CS5000-HiFi-Turntable-/350827172675
  24. 2

Discovered Straighten Up by Badfinger

Ive seen dozens of copies of No Dice,and the Magic Christian soundtrack,but I picked up a really nice copy of Straighten Up at GW last weeked.I dont think when I was buying records in the late 70's to early 80's that I ever saw a copy of it. The songs are consistenly top quality...
  25. 2

Mis-Heard Lyrics Video

I know there is a thread somewhere with mis-heard lyrics.Here is a video with some great ones. http://www.break.com/index/misheard-lyric-supercut-2384424
Back
Top Bottom