Search results

1. Jason Mc

Eico 85 volume pot replacement help

Hi guys, I just sent out my Eico 85 for some mods. I really want a stepped volume pot. Can someone gives me some info and/or a link where the guy who is working on it can buy one? Thx so much
  2. Jason Mc

I have a rare Eico HF-85 that has been recapped. I have original Eico Mullards and recently put...

I have a rare Eico HF-85 that has been recapped. I have original Eico Mullards and recently put in two Telefunken Fishers. Updated paint job
  3. Jason Mc

Thoughts on Eico hf-85

Hi guys, I’m getting a Eico hf 85 tube pre-amp. I was wondering what your thoughts are on it. My brother says they sound really well. I’ve seen the Eico and it’s not the prettiest thing but if it sounds well than that’s what matters. It’s been recapped so I should be good. It actually has the...
  4. Jason Mc

Eico HF85........thoughts?

Hi there, I am currently in the process of getting a Eico HF-85. It is that rough 60’s look. What color and what kind of paint did you use. Where did you get the knobs? Thx
  5. Jason Mc

McIntosh 4200 Side Panel Screws (Black)

I’m looking to find the black screws for the side panels on my 4200. Any sites where I can find these?
  6. Jason Mc

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

Wow, now that’s impressive! Big coin!
  7. Jason Mc

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

#46th of 1,189 units. McIntosh 4200
  8. Jason Mc

Wow!!! McIntosh Mac 4200…

How do you know they started production at 1001?
  9. Jason Mc

Need to find reputable McIntosh repair service in Los Angeles area

Well I went and picked up my McIntosh 4200 yesterday from George Meyer in LA. Brought it home and fired it up. My first reaction was WOW. I’m really happy I took it to them. Yes it cost me $800 but it is a McIntosh .
  10. Jason Mc

McIntosh 4200

So you think I won’t get the McIntosh sound when using the Penta’s?
  11. Jason Mc

McIntosh 4200

Ok thank you for all your advice
  12. Jason Mc

McIntosh 4200

Does that sound right to you?
  13. Jason Mc

McIntosh 4200

You are correct and that’s what I am currently running but Since the Penta’s have there own power I am worried I am not getting the true McIntosh sound from running it this way. So I figured the only way I could get the true sound is to run regular speaker wire and remove the amps from the...
  14. Jason Mc

McIntosh 4200

Bang & Olufsen Penta 3’s
  15. Jason Mc

McIntosh 4200

My speakers only take a rca type connection though. Would the banana jack work for that?
  16. Jason Mc

McIntosh 4200

Ok thx I wasn’t sure if the banana jacks would fit on the 4200. What do you recommend for wire? What kind and what gauge?
  17. Jason Mc

McIntosh 4200

Looking to buy new wires for my speakers and was wondering if anybody has any good suggestions on what brand and what gauge of wire that will fit in the McIntosh 4200. Thx
  18. Jason Mc

Wow!!! McIntosh Mac 4200…

I too have the McIntosh 4200. I’m having a full restoration on it right now by George Meyer Audio in LA. Don’t have final pricing yet but was told around $800. Plus I had to pay the $80 for the inspection. I can wait to get this baby back in my hands Saturday. They replace both driver boards...
  19. Jason Mc

Thanks for the advice guys. Taking my McIntosh 4200 down to LA rt now to George Meyers. Hope for the best!
  20. Jason Mc

Ok thx! I have heard of Mike but I live up by Ventura so SD is quite a drive. I’ve heard mixed reviews on George Meyer. Maybe I’ll give them a shot. Thx again
  21. Jason Mc

just need a look over and minor repairs but not willing to take it just to any shop. Thx.
  22. Jason Mc

McIntosh MAC 4200

I called them. No luck. Thx
  23. Jason Mc

McIntosh MAC 4200

i just record bought a McIntosh 4200. It’s missing one blk push button. I’m hoping someone can steer me in the rt direction to find one. I know this will be difficult. If you have this blk buttons nd for sale plz contact me. Thank you
Back
Top Bottom