Search results

1. M1Tommy

Proton anyone?

Late, late here but I just got my D940 from the shop. It received a thorough cleaning, a new 'speaker relay', a few solder joints redone and some corrosion cleaned up. The tech. told me the corrosion from from the wrong glue. Then who knew folks would want it working 30 years later! It plays...
  2. M1Tommy

Arkansas Gear for Sale Alerts...

No kidding!
  3. M1Tommy

What was the last movie you watched?

"The Green Book". It wasn't the first time I'd seen it. We invited some friends over for supper and a watch/listen. Tommy
  4. M1Tommy

Here... I hope...
  5. M1Tommy

OK, cool... first time I've posted thus, here. If someone in central Ark. buys that and umm... "doesn't need" that subwoofer, PM me! I noticed that Facebook seller also has a listing for two turntables: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/493497771432660/
  6. M1Tommy

I have no connection at all, nor immediate interest, in this. If Facebook links are a problem here, please advise. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/443316703193199/ Tommy
  7. M1Tommy

If those are the ones in Central Ark, I just sent a FB PM to the seller with a question. Tommy
  8. M1Tommy

Asking value for Onkyo components?

OK, will do so. Tommy
  9. M1Tommy

Well, bummer that. I would never nab something that I thought was spoken for. Still, there's a lot of good stuff around. I have chased a few dead ends too over the past year, drove 60 miles to look at a receiver that was, well, not in good condition, bought a turntable that went dead on me...
  10. M1Tommy

Really? He never mentioned anything like that to me.. He had been burned several times by folks who showed up and tried to low-ball him I could tell that he was a little cross-threaded about that. Tommy
  11. M1Tommy

Here is my first temporary setup Guess my first album. :D Now to find a cabinet/rack. That chest-of-drawers was made for me in my childhood by my grandpa and will move to the opposite side of the room filled with CDs and paperback books. The F-16 was on my son's room wall. He is a...
  12. M1Tommy

Thanks! The seller was a great guy. He said that THREE other parties had come to look tried to low-ball him in person. He is a retired engineer so we talked shop a while, my being a mechanical engineer.. He also builds speakers and had some downright incredible equipment! Tommy
  13. M1Tommy

I just set it up, albeit temporarily (see later post) I am absolutely tickled ! Thanks! Tommy
  14. M1Tommy

Oh... just a photo, not the best quality photo, will get better, when set up in my room.
  15. M1Tommy

Sit-rep; Well, I chased another turntable that seems to be DOA (perhaps will part it out or something) Not much else happened for a few weeks, until yesterday when I received a FB-marketplace notice that the seller changed the price. I contacted him, drove to his house (all of 2 miles from my...
  16. M1Tommy

Hello from Arkansas..

Greetings from Little Rock. I grew up in Sunshine, about 15 miles west of Hot Springs (when Sunshine Rd aka hwy 227 was dirt!). I am no kind of guru here, mostly read and learn. There are some really knowledgeable and helpful folks here. Welcome, Tommy
  17. M1Tommy

Technics SL-10, bad CPU chip... parts out? reuse cartridge? advice requested

I spent a little while messing with the turntable this afternoon. After messing around with the controls, the arm/cartridge moves across the record surface. The record turns, seemingly at a fairly stable rate, per my tired eyes on the center strobe thingy. However, the needle will not lower...
  18. M1Tommy

Gym membership

I hear you well. My mention of being 2 years out of the dojo is just that. Our traditional Okinawan karate school closed, the teacher going back to college full time, etc., understandable but sad. I have visited a couple in the town I live in now, and the "fit" def. is not there for me...
  19. M1Tommy

Gym membership

Sounds good... will do that tomorrow after work! ... not sure about the one legged ones right now, though. Thanks! TOmmy
  20. M1Tommy

Gym membership

I am two years out of the Dojo. I keep upper body strength ok with body weight exercises and moderate weight lifting , but I miss the leg workout from karate. I am going start regular squats and dead lifts. I will be honest, that these exercises intimate me. I am going really light, for...
  21. M1Tommy

Major drool factor here. Alas, we have no rooms big enough for these at all. Tommy
  22. M1Tommy

Name the LOUDEST concert(s) you have attended, (venue does not matter)

I mentioned Krokus being loud Then, the prev post about being close to the stage reminded me of a show that gave me dulled hearing for what seemed days. Some of my goofy friends and I rotated shifts in the ticket line for about 48 hours, and by golly we got our front row seats, right against...
  23. M1Tommy

Technics SL-10, bad CPU chip... parts out? reuse cartridge? advice requested

The last time I used an oscilloscope was in a lab in engineering college, circa '88! Tommy
Back
Top Bottom