Search results

1. M

Need advice in recapping old electronics

Hey all, I am planning to recap my old amplifier, tuner etc and when purchasing new capacitors to replace the old ones, do I need to care about anything else other than their voltage rating and capacitance? Also, what kind of capacitors should I use? Is it necessary to use the same type of...
  2. M

Kef LS50 has a flaw?

Hey all, recently I went to a Kef showroom and had them set up the Kef LS50 speakers. Midway through a song, there was the sound of plastic flapping coming from the speaker and when I looked at the speaker, the outermost part of the driver was vibrating a lot. Is this normal? Anyone experienced...
  3. M

My dad's old audio equipment

But before using the equipment again, do I have to change any components in the equipment? I've heard that vintage equipment shouldn't be switched on immediately as the capacitors might blow up and cause a bigger problem. Is this true?
  4. M

My dad's old audio equipment

Hi all, I just received my father's old audio equipment from his teenage years and the equipment are as follows: Luxman L-116A Stereo Integrated Amplifier Luxman T-1 AM/FM Stereo Tuner Denon DR-320 Cassette Deck Philips CD150 CD Player Klipsch KG 4.5 Loudspeakers KEF 304 Series 2 Type SP1148...
Back
Top Bottom