Search results

1. P

Circuit board cleaner?

I knew a guy that used a power washer to clean old printers. left them in the sun for the afternoon and fired them up.
  2. P

Circuit board cleaner?

Actually simple green works good on nicotine
  3. P

Circuit board cleaner?

right
  4. P

Circuit board cleaner?

Im not talking about regular wd 40. they make a electrical contact cleaner like deoxit
  5. P

Circuit board cleaner?

Just ordered some wd 40 electronic cleaner. 6.50 a can, may try to rinse with some hot water in a squirt bottle. its a pioneer spec 4 amp and the boards come out pretty easy. I will see if the wd 40 loosens the grime. May try some hot water and dawn detergent. looks like this thing was in a...
  6. P

Circuit board cleaner?

What kind of cleaner solution would a guy use to wash down solid state circuit boards? I have an amp I want to clean up that has a lot of dusty gunk on the inside. Thanks
  7. P

Pioneer Spec 4 clipping?

Did adjust trimmers according to manual but was not aware that adjusting during play was a bad idea so thanks for the heads up on that. I do push it hard some times. yes, thank god for fuses. when I first put the juice to it, it clipped way earlier than I thought it would and caught me by...
  8. P

Pioneer Spec 4 clipping?

By the way, the clipping lights come on on that Sherwood at 150 watts (8 ohm load) the lights were considered accurate. I dont know what kind of watts that would translate to for 4 ohm load for the vegas.
  9. P

Pioneer Spec 4 clipping?

Thats pretty interesting. the Sherwood was considered high end gear back then. I just assumed the spec gear was a cut above it
  10. P

Sherwood HP 2000, meters and overload lights?

ahh, thanks. Thats the info I was looking for
  11. P

yes, read that about HP. also, Sherwood sold out to Jap company after the hp series. its actually a kind of rare amp.
  12. P

Pioneer Spec 4 clipping?

I will have to open it and take a peek
  13. P

Pioneer Spec 4 clipping?

lots of good info here. you guys are great.
  14. P

Pioneer Spec 4 clipping?

yes, I am aware the meters are set to 8 ohm. as far as his suggestion on those MJ21193/4 is concerned, I will discuss it with the tech at the "New Place" I plan on taking it too.
  15. P

Pioneer Spec 4 clipping?

Blowing what devices? sherwood model hp 2000
  16. P

Pioneer Spec 4 clipping?

I figured that was the case on the meters (says right below meter 8 ohm) and I know the amp is rated for 180 at 4 ohm load. so im comparing it to performance of the Sherwood and was shocked that it wont at least perform at the same level as the sherwood. I do remember the tech that worked on...
  17. P

Pioneer Spec 4 clipping?

Thanks, I tried that and it did not rigger limiter when I turned them counter clock wise. there seems to be a peak,I just think its low. I did back off on the bass a bit so the woofers are not bouncing out bad like before. I also tried just 1 set of 8 ohm speakers ( b & w dm220 ) and I can run...
  18. P

I have a sherwood HP 2000 integrated amp. It has meters for left and right channels and lights under the meters. are the lights clipping warning or is it like a mcintosh amp where the amp decides the speakers are peaked and it just limiting output? They tend to start blinking when I push it but...
  19. P

Pioneer Spec 4 clipping?

True, Im not really pissed off at the guy. he did fix some stuff. a couple of small caps and some solder joints. but he did tell me everything was good. just wont take anything high end over there.
  20. P

Pioneer Spec 4 clipping?

well i called the shop that did the work and he admitted he didnt check everything out. he doesn't even own a distortion meter. live and learn, he got the amp up and running but didnt get it right., that was a 200 dollar lesson. got a good recommendation from a couple of folks for another shop...
  21. P

Pioneer Spec 4 clipping?

They are fun to crank, thats why I bought them. I have 4 B&W dm220 speakers that I use for 90 % of my listening and have the cerwins on a different amp (biamped) when I need things to shake. I love the Vegas, the guy I bought them from tells me im too hard on them but I bought the to abuse. I...
  22. P

Pioneer Spec 4 clipping?

Mine have 2.5 slow blow. Im tempted to try the 3.0, I will have to research that. I do push them hard quite a bit, maybe better to be on the conservative side.
  23. P

Pioneer Spec 4 clipping?

I do like the spec 4 amp though. put 4 B & W dm 220's on it and man what a nice sounding set up!
  24. P

Pioneer Spec 4 clipping?

He said he did calibrate meter amp circuit but how could that be true? the left side is off by at least 20%. Ill give the guy a call tomorrow and see what he says. its a crap shoot if you dont have a good referral. also got a referral from someone today so ill have to decide if I want to deal...
  25. P

Pioneer Spec 4 clipping?

I wonder about the meters, the increments are for 8 ohm. so I'm running 4 ohm load . so does that mean its actually a higher load than the meters show with 4 ohm speakers?
Back
Top Bottom