Search results

1. Michael1970

2 Thrift finds , Vibrato Amp + Panasonic Automatic System

Drew, Thanks. That looks like the one I bought today. Wow, the thrift is like 30-45 from there. I have no experience with these. I just buy the unusual and it mostly works out. Thanks again.
  2. Michael1970

2 Thrift finds , Vibrato Amp + Panasonic Automatic System

Fools look. Haven't researched,. Never bought an Amp before..no " Whats it Wurf" , just sharing. If you know about either, that would be appreciated.
  3. Michael1970

Anyone from Georgia?

Whats up GA peeps..Im originally from SE Atlanta, little neighborhood called Cabbagetown, I lived in Conyers, then Macon, now in Orlando area...question, by chance does anyone know a repair shop in the Central Ga. Area that works on Antique stereo consoles? Found a 60s Delmonico online . I got...
  4. Michael1970

Anyone in Central Florida, Orlando, Daytona area?

Where do you guys get your gear repaired, if you don't do it yourself? I found a shop, but its about 2 months on back up..After 6 weeks I got the word on my 57' Grudig Majestic 7015..great news on cost, only $150, so I agree to repairs...2 weeks later...
  5. Michael1970

Silvertone speakers?

Well, Im an idiot for sure...I was entering the Silvertone model and one of my Magnavox units chassis #. Jesus wept, I gotta either get better or organized or sell off some consoles..
  6. Michael1970

Silvertone speakers?

I was just given a Simpsons Silverstone with external speakers that I can't identity yet. Models 1069, 1070, and 1071...anyone familiar?
  7. Michael1970

What would you put in this cabinet?

I busted a 6x9, and those things are old..hope to make a few bucks, so need to invest some.
  8. Michael1970

Quadman, please explain, what does lack of speaker separation , mean? The 6×9, 5", and tweeter is best? I have considered, self, ceiling, bar speakers and everything else..if going back to 6 single speakers is best, that's fine...the challenge for me as a novice at best, is getting any...
  9. Michael1970

I have a 1957 Grundig "Debutante " I love those West German Mid Century units.this one I'm doing full restoration. The Kuba was gonna be a money pit.., didn't even have original turntable ..but for what it sold for new ($491), the cabinet, aside from the bar, is cheaply made. The components are...
  10. Michael1970

Good idea on car speakers! It had 6 speakers in it. I was thinking ceiling or book shelf speakers, a intagrated amplifier with remote. 8 ohm speakers and 4-8 ohm amplifier.
  11. Michael1970

Brianito, I bought an At-LP120-USB and a LP60. The 120 is the one I was referring to. Dazaa, Its an antique West German mid century model. Rare here, and of pretty good value, if restored. This one was shot...so, to me it looks cool too. Love the style of those cabinets. I was surprised it was...
  12. Michael1970

I wanted to restore to original but it would have cost a small fortune..so trying to make lemonade. Antique look, new equipment.
  13. Michael1970

Fair enough. I got a great bargain on the turntable by searching out a deal. It priced new at $299, I paid $50. It is new....how would you build it, being reasonable? Thanks
  14. Michael1970

Putting in new equipment in cabinet of a 1967 Kuba 664. I have the Turntable - Audio Technica At-lp60. I am struggling to decide on what speakers and amp to buy. Space: Speaker space- W-20" H-7" D-9.5. On either side of middle frame divide. Amp- W-20" H-8" D-9.5" No tuner needed. Do want...
  15. Michael1970

Stuck on a retrofit/restoration..

I am installing new gear in an antique cabinet stereo console. Its a 1966-67 Kuba 644 I have bought a turntable already- Audio Technica AT-LP60-USB . It has a built in Pre-amp. Now, I help chosing speakers, which I understand should be bought before the Amp. I also will need advice on Amp...
  16. Michael1970

Grundig Majestic SO12U/1 Stereo Console Radio

Just bought one today . Got it for $60. Obviously got work to do. Anyone now where to find speaker fabric to match this? Also, has anyone ever sanded and stained a unit? I just need the top done, because of cup marks..
  17. Michael1970

Help: Imperial Radio in Kuba Console

Sp58. Thank you for the knowledge. Im a newbie to this. I got this unit for $40. I love the German models mid century...this is West German. I have all sorts of numbers from all over it, just having trouble finding Google matching on most.
  18. Michael1970

May be a dumb question, but if its not the original chassis, how did they configure the radio? The vacuum tubes are Telefunken, with 1 being Seimans , which match the tubes in the original?
  19. Michael1970

I would like to get the original, but these things are so tough to find. I have significant work to do to restore the rest, so that may be a modification. Ive got 2 other players closer to ready, so after they are sold, I will see where I'm at.
  20. Michael1970

Lol..just thought it would be better to add here than to start a new thread.
  21. Michael1970

I will add my Kuba struggle also....I have a (and here is all the info Ive dug up)...Kuba Imperial Stero- Konzertschrank 644 USA . I fear the turntable that came in it is not original. The turntable in it is pictured below. If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it.
  22. Michael1970

Turntable playing but volume is low

I have a little cheap Truetone Solid State console I bought for a song. I had someone rebuilt the turntable. It plays well, but the volume is way low. The sound is correct when on radio. Where could be the problem? Thanks
  23. Michael1970

How ya'll holding up?

Liver. And Thanks everyone.
  24. Michael1970

Tampa Bay Area

In Volusia County
  25. Michael1970

Anyone in Central Florida, Orlando, Daytona area?

Im between the two.
Back
Top Bottom