Search results

1. pressroll

Subwoofer Suggestions

Thank you! I assume the Dayton's will be the primary suggestion but I don't want to overlook something else on the market. I can't find a clear answer on how the sub out on the back of my amp works. Does it just supplement the bass frequencies or does it have a crossover point preset when...
  2. pressroll

Subwoofer Suggestions

Well, that certainly would "fill" the room with bass.
  3. pressroll

Subwoofer Suggestions

I'm looking to add a subwoofer to my current setup to help augment the lower end that I feel might be lacking. Dual 1219 turntable Yamaha A-S501 integrated amp Ohm Walsh 2 speakers or Polk Monitor 5 I've spent a few hours researching active vs passive, hooking it up separate vs in-line with a...
  4. pressroll

Yamaha A-S501 Phono Preamp Suggestions

Not really. I'm very happy with the sound I am getting for what little I have invested into it.
  5. pressroll

Yamaha A-S501 Phono Preamp Suggestions

How beneficial it would be for me to get a separate phono preamp to run through my Yamaha A-S501? My budget would be sub $200 if it is worth doing. Dual 1219 (AT Signet TK5Ea cart with an ATN120E stylus) Yamaha A-S501 Polk Monitor 5B (crossover upgraded, new RD0194 tweeters) Polk Monitor 5Jr+...
  6. pressroll

Partial Re-Cap Questions - Fisher 21-R / 220-T

Thanks for the info! I did notice last night while testing that the stereo balance is further to the right. When I switch to Mono everything is centered but as soon as I go back to Stereo it makes a shift to the right. Any ideas why that might be happening?
  7. pressroll

Partial Re-Cap Questions - Fisher 21-R / 220-T

I was recently given a Fisher console that had a 21-R (220-T) inside of it. I cleaned all of the switches and pots and tested it out. The AUX and PHONO sections work and everything sounds great! From reading in various posts on the forum I gather it is best to go through and at least replace...
  8. pressroll

1967 Fisher Metropolitan M-4592-IP (Italian Provincial)

I have the 21-R out to clean the pots and switches properly. Is there any preventative maintenance I need to do before I put it back together?
  9. pressroll

Speaker Crossover Suggestions

Thanks! I assumed so given how common the 15 is but just wanted to confirm before I order them.
  10. pressroll

1967 Fisher Metropolitan M-4592-IP (Italian Provincial)

I was given this Fisher console unit over the weekend. Came with all of the original documentation and components. The Dual 1014 is not working but the 21-R is performing pretty well after a quick clean of the pots and switches. My main question is regarding the speakers. I opened up the...
  11. pressroll

Speaker Crossover Suggestions

I am upgrading the crossover components in a Fisher console unit. Looks like the original components are: 50 mfd cap 20 mfd cap 2 mfd cap 3.9 ohm 10% resistor 15 ohm 10% resistor Can someone confirm the value of the last resistor? The first band on the resistor is a tan color which I am...
  12. pressroll

Harman Kardon T25

Finally got all of the pieces together and finished this. Made a huge difference in the overall sound. No hum/buzz at all!
  13. pressroll

Buy a New Cartridge or New Stylus for Existing? Help!!

I've been torturing myself trying to figure out what to do.... Should I buy an ATN120E for my AT Signet TK5Ea or just sell the Signet and put money toward a new cartridge? Total budget for a new stylus is around $100 and I have no idea what I could get for the Signet without a good stylus. Help!!
  14. pressroll

Harman Kardon T25

Thank you! I think I have it all figured out. What amperage fuse is used in the holder?
  15. pressroll

Harman Kardon T25

Thank you!
  16. pressroll

Harman Kardon T25

Thank you. I was able to find this information but the components in the T60 are different than the T25.
  17. pressroll

Harman Kardon T25

Any input on the power supply? Anyone willing to take a picture of the inside of theirs?
  18. pressroll

Harman Kardon T25

I hate to revive an old thread but.... Does anyone have pictures of the DIY outboard power supply for a T25? I have researched everything I think I need but have gotten conflicting parts lists depending on what thread and forum I am on. Also, does anyone have picture of the mass loaded...
  19. pressroll

Audio Technica Signet TK5Ea Replacement Stylus - UNDER $50 Suggestions

Anyone have experience with this? https://www.turntableneedles.com/ATN120E-Type-Stylus-for-Audio-Technica-AT120E-cartridge-etc--our-Needle-208-DE_p_942.html
  20. pressroll

Audio Technica Signet TK5Ea Replacement Stylus - UNDER $50 Suggestions

I recently picked up a turntable that has a Signet TK5Ea with a bent cantilever. I know there are a million options for styli that are super awesome but I am looking for good sound under $50. I've had mediocre experiences in the past with the ultra cheap (around $18) styli that I am willing to...
  21. pressroll

HK 330B - Left Channel Distortion/Interference

2 hr update - Still working great. I tried just about everything to get the problem to present itself and it won't.
  22. pressroll

Resoldered both output transistors on the left channel and double checked their mounting. Put everything back together and I cannot get the problem to present itself again! I hope that's all it was. Thank you to dlucy and CJVx for all your help!
  23. pressroll

Thank you! I see one spot that seems like it might be suspect. I'll re-flow and add solder tonight and I'll let you know how I make out.
  24. pressroll

Are these the output transistors you are talking about?
  25. pressroll

Sometimes momentarily spiking the volume knob will pull it out of the distortion.
Back
Top Bottom