Search results

1. robbieg83

Zenith Y960 - Is $1200 worth it....

So far I think I'm going to pull the trigger. I'm going to offer $1000 and hope to settle in the middle. I'm still open to additional advice, suggestions or better deals if anyone else has some!
  2. robbieg83

Thank you for the input Ortho!
  3. robbieg83

Hello, I've been in contact with a reputable console and vinyl shop who say they just got their hands on a Y960. The cabinet is in "excellent condition, it was a one owner piece and it is fully functional." This one has the heavier larger cabinet with the more powerful amp, belt-drive changer...
  4. robbieg83

New to the family....need help identifying my new purchase please!

Thank you for schematic Tox! Just downloaded it; now the process of learning to understand it. I don't want to alter it if I don't have to, I just want her to be loud/powerful and be able to play mp3's. Do you think it's not worth modifying it because it's valuable, or because it's old and in...
  5. robbieg83

Hello Tox! Thanks for the info. In all honesty, I am very new to all this. I'm just being led by my desire to own a piece of history. The plan is to keep the old tube gear, and only updating what needs to be in order to be able to listen to mp3. I have zero clue what a 78 or RIAA is. I'm not...
  6. robbieg83

I'll keep everyone post on my progress. While I have you hear, would it be a crime to update the console to modern day insides and restore the vintage look on the outside. I am looking for something where I can Bluetooth while rocking the sheetrock to powder. My plan is to have this as a "daily...
  7. robbieg83

Thank you Larry, this info will help a lot in getting my bearings.
  8. robbieg83

North Texas

Prosper here!
  9. robbieg83

Hello Ortho, Thank you for the info. So far I have discovered my console is a 5z21 model. Would you be able to elaborate on what you mean by a customized "VM model 1200"?
  10. robbieg83

Thank you Lo-Fi; I appreciate the warm welcome!
  11. robbieg83

Hi Chris, It seems that one is very close. Thanks for the link. I received the pictures below today, I believe I now have a little more to go on when looking into the console.
  12. robbieg83

I just picked it up off eBay; so it's a few weeks away. I'm sure if I don't find out before then, I'll be able to dig a bit deeper when it arrives.
  13. robbieg83

Thank you very much! This is meant to hold me over until I find a Zenith m2670.
  14. robbieg83

Hello Radio, any idea what model it is?
  15. robbieg83

Thank you for the reply and info Bill!
  16. robbieg83

BTW - that was my first post :)
  17. robbieg83

Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum. I have been wanting to join for quite sometime and now I have a reason; I just purchased a vintage Zenith High Fidelity Cobramatic console. I don't know much about it (I've had a hard time figuring out what model it is) but I loved the look and felt it was...
Back
Top Bottom