Search results

1. S

Whats next?

For different sound, start shopping for different speakers.
  2. S

DAC and Phono Stage quality of C2500?

Buy something that doesn’t color the sound, otherwise what’s the point of Hi-Fi? McIntosh engineers wince whenever it is suggested that McIntosh has a "signature sound" because it suggests coloration, which is directly antithetical to everything McIntosh has stood for since the very beginning...
  3. S

Whats next?

What do you mean by upgrade?
  4. S

Power Conditioners - do you use them and do you have a recommendation?

Audiophiles generally don't know what they are hearing. The whole audiophile culture is built on marketing and confirmation bias. :rolleyes:
  5. S

Mcintosh MC901

How many watts were you using on that MC1.2kw? :rolleyes:
  6. S

Mcintosh MC901

Nope, because it doesn’t make a difference, especially in blind ABX tests I’ve conducted ;).
  7. S

Mcintosh MC901

Sounds like one of your amplifiers may be out of specification.
  8. S

New Polk Legend L800, the Return of SDA

Well, you’re most certainly entitled to have your own opinion, but keep in mind there are many people who, like me, are more than satisfied with the RTI A9 and require nothing else ;). The RTI A9s are the best sounding Polk speakers I’ve heard to this day, and for $900 it’s a bargain! As I’ve...
  9. S

Mcintosh MC901

And yet in a blind-fold ABX test, you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference with an amplifier costing $16,000 less than the MC901 monoblocks :biggrin:. If you’ve got a bag of money and want some kewl blue meterz and light bulbz, then go for it, but I wouldn’t. Not that they’re “expensive” per...
  10. S

Apparently not. :rolleyes:
  11. S

If you knew anything about acoustics, you’d understand that any given loudspeaker will behave (measure/sound) differently in other environments. I’ve always found the best results are had with auto-room correction software, however stock can sometimes be suffice.
  12. S

New - Magnepan LRS speakers

Just curious, why did you get monoblocks?
  13. S

I’m not exactly sure what happened to my original post, but it somehow got changed. Every now and then, AK tends to be wonky when using a mobile device. In any case, it’s been edited. Let me reiterate: you’re probably more than twice my age, so naturally my hearing is better than yours.
  14. S

Ear piercing, huh? You’re probably more than twice my age, so naturally my hearing is better, and in my properly treated room, the A9s don’t even come close to that. I’ve compared the LSiM with RTiA speakers in blind ABX tests and everyone (including Magnolia staff) chose RTiA. Like many who’ve...
  15. S

A $6,000 speaker sounding bad?! What say you?! It must be a weakness in the chain. Yes, of course! Surely it’s that tiny amplifier. Didn’t you know, only amplifiers with 12,000 watts blessed by the Pope can tame this beast. That is the only way for maximum synergy! No wait, it’s the cables...
  16. S

A lot of people have that mentality, which is fine ... but you’ll probably be waiting a long time because Polk doesn’t make new models every year like some companies do (one of things I admire about them). If I remember correctly, the RTi series has been in production for over 10 years- who...
  17. S

Homemade Klipsch Belle/La Scala?

Whoa, that looks like a fun project! How’s the bass? The high end is too honky?
  18. S

Smells like.....

Smells like ... Teen Spirit! No but seriously, a cat peed on your woofer? :yikes:
  19. S

Polk Audio monitor series 2 speakers

The problem with the Polk forum is the lack of moderation.
  20. S

Who spends $6,000 on tiny bookshelf speakers? Talk about highway robbery! :no:
  21. S

People who’ve already heard them are saying it’s much better ;).
  22. S

MA352

God, that thing looks hideous!
  23. S

Got a New McIntosh Preamp!

100% :beerchug:
  24. S

Got a New McIntosh Preamp!

I’m pretty skeptical of these claims because I come from a family of engineers who constructed communication devices and other things for NASA during and after the moon landing. There are a lot of people who take this hobby way too seriously, IMHO. The endless pursuit of perfection can be a...
Back
Top Bottom