Search results

1. G

Finally got a pair!

I’d like to try a pair someday, ergonomically they seem much more accommodating than these. How did they sound?
  2. G

Finally got a pair!

Ohh man am I happy! I finally got a pair of KOSS Pro/4’s! I am of course referencing the originals with the green earcups. Mine work just fine but they definitely show their age. Mainly I was impressed with how well their sounded for their age. Very warm sound (which I love) but very little...
  3. G

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Couple specific songs, KOSS KO-727b Slide-Calvin Harris Pain-The War on Drugs Turn to Stone-ELO Peace of Mind-Boston Life is a Highway-Rascal Flatts
  4. G

Pro 4AA Help

Well, Never mind. Turns out the wires leading to the coils have snapped on both ears, likely in shipping. Too close to the coil to repair, can’t unwind it further for fear of breaking the leads. Time to cut my losses with these....
  5. G

Let's see your cans!

KOSS KO-727b’s, got em for $15 at an antique mall. Been in love since. Now looking for one of the original Pro 4’s with the green earcups. Can’t wait to hear those things sound.
  6. G

Pro 4AA Help

Heya guys, Been a while since I used my account, but am back as I’ve sorta caught a bug for KOSS sterephones. I found a pair of KO-727b’s at an antique mall for $15 and am in love. I bought a pair of (used) Pro 4AA’s after learning of their reputation. Arrived yesterday and they don’t work...
  7. G

Sansui On the Move

I tried it briefly with my dad’s Klipsch upright speakers at home and the power and warm ness blew me away. The only problem is finding good speakers at an affordable price. Any recommendations?
  8. G

Sansui On the Move

hey guys! I’m finally heading up north with my dad and the family. Having now fixed the 8080db it’ll be reinstalled in it’s rightful home. The cottage. The poor thing was originally discovered in the bunk house (NOT GOOD) when we bought the place. Unfortunately the speaker protection relay...
  9. G

New to this-8080DB Repair

Hey, sorry. It’s been a crazy week with school and all, lots of essays. I don’t know how much help I’ll be, but I’ll answer to the best of my ability. Chassis was a yellowish metal (best I can describe it) and the driver board has round transistors on near the top.
  10. G

Here:
  11. G

Just got home from school, I’ll post a photo in just a sec.
  12. G

AGH. My reply from earlier didn’t post this morning, it’s probably the wonky internet at school. Where can I find the serial number? I’ll take a photo and send it to you as soon as I get the chance.
  13. G

WOOOO! We’re bumpin’ now! With Doby NR off, it works perfectly from both channels! It sounds AWESOME! Used my dad’s klipsch speakers for a test, the bass on this thing is INCREDIBLE!! Only one thing, one of the power meter bulbs need replacing. Don’t know how to do it, but it’s not a huge issue...
  14. G

Fixed! Opened the bottom cover and soldered on an insulated copper wire to bypass the burnt out trace. Powered on and the relay clicks and light turns green. Now to test with speakers, everything has been put back into place, pins and connections checked, of course. (More carefully this time...
  15. G

AAARGH!!! DANG IT! If I’d checked the forum in between the resistors arriving I’dve seen the warning. That’s exactly what I did. Crap. Checked the board again and it’s one pin to the left. I assume I have to rebuild the power supply now? What do I have to do to fix this.
  16. G

Maybe that’s what I did wrong, becuase the exact same thing you said was what happened, I’m sure I didn’t though, but if I did it was an accident. What can I check if that was the case?
  17. G

Well, The receiver is toast. Literally. I installed new resistors (SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY) checked everything about a million and one times. Plugged the board in, checked the connections, moment of truth. Turned on the receiver, watched the light flash and suddenly, YES!! Relay click and green...
  18. G

Awesome, thanks. Parts ordered! the wait is going to kill me. very nervous to see if that dolby board is working.
  19. G

Hang on, did a quick google search and found this website- will the first listed set of the F-2624 driver board set work? I know it's a lot for only two needed parts but I need to know I have the right stuff. http://www.qrxrestore.com/parts/
  20. G

I don't have a local electronics store unfortunately, so I'll have to wait for the mail. Darn. I've never used a website like this, is the part number listed in the service manual? I need to know i'm getting the correct ones, don't want to make a rookie mistake.
  21. G

Ok, next update. Tested both resistors, both are showing Open Link on my multimeter. In a bit I’ll remove them from the board and test again to be sure. Seems I’ve found the problem, now for fixing it. Is there anywhere that still sells capacitors like these? Not sure if there are any...
  22. G

Morning all, First thing I did today was open up the case. Successfully removed the bracket and F-2624 board. I have included a photo. It is my understanding to check the fuse capacitors in each lower corner of the board, will be doing so. Something else to note, when I removed the board I...
  23. G

Not that I know of. I may ask around the shop classes and see if there’s anything they can do. For now I’m on my own. School starts tomorrow, so I can ask then.
  24. G

This is a picture I took today, I have circled what I believe to be the f-2426 board. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.
  25. G

Yes, I have a PDF of the service manual, a Soldering iron (adjustable temp) and a digital multimeter. Not familiar with all the functions on the meter, mainly just the continuity check and Ohms. Woah! 75% of that is Greek to me. I’d love to have some help looking at it but Joliet is quite a...
Back
Top Bottom