Search results

1. DCH

Burson Audio - Timekeeper 3ir

Hi all, I've been away from here for some time... fell down the Head-Fi rabbit hole. I've would up with a Burson Timekeeper 3ir - an all-in-one streaming integrated amp - which I got to drive some hard-to-drive headphones (Hifiman Susvara and Hifiman HE6SEv2). I'm going to start playing around...
  2. DCH

Dual 1019 ground hum when auto cycling?

Hi all, my Dual 1019 is now my main headphone turntable, and it sounds great (I mean, I can hear the idler wheel rumble between tracks, but that's not an issue). Only problem I'm running into is that whenever the automatic functions cycle, there's a bit of what sounds like a ground hum. I also...
  3. DCH

My '80's Powerhouse System

Just finished this weekend getting this all set up - recently acquired the preamp and did some repairs on the amp (speaker relay replacements). Receiver: Luxman R-117 Preamp: Luxman TP-117 Turntable: Sony PS-X600 CD player: Teac CD P650 Speakers: KEF 103.2 Streaming: Apple...
  4. DCH

Luxman R-117 Speaker Relay Access/Replacement

Thought I'd toss a few pictures up here as it's kinda hard to find a step-by-step of replacing the notoriously fail-prone speaker relays in the R-117. PLEASE NOTE: I am not an expert in anything. Try this at your own risk. MAKE SURE YOU UNPLUG THE UNIT and leave it unplugged for, like, a...
  5. DCH

Any reason not having relays in your Speaker B path would be bad?

Hi all, I just replaced the Speaker A relays on my R-117. While I was in there, I took out the Speaker B relays, but I only had 2 relays to install - so right now, the whole thing is back together with fresh relays in A, and no relays in B. I do have two more coming in a week or so, but I'm not...
  6. DCH

Luxman remote question

Hi all, I recently got a Luxman TP-117 to pair with my R-117, and it came with the remote - RTP-117, specifically. Is there a way for this remote to also control the R-117, at least to power on and off? thanks!
  7. DCH

Luxman TP117 question

Hi all, I just got one of these to serve as a preamp for my R117. It sounds amazing, but only in CD Straight mode. When that’s off it’s extremely quiet and only outputs to one channel. I’m sure it’s a simple enough settings thing, but I’m not really in a frame of mind to figure it out. Any help...
  8. DCH

Anyone know where to get parts for a K240 Sextett?

I have a pair of LP Sextetts that I really, really adore. Problem is I messed them up a little bit... they were my "test" headphones for removable cable mods, and long story short, I carved out a bit too much of the plastic cap on the right side trying to get a Mini XLR jack to fit in there...
  9. DCH

Female 3.5mm jack for K240 Sextetts?

Hey all, I'm trying to do a mod on my LP Sextetts to give them removable cables, but the 3.5mm jacks I have are too long to fit inside the housing of the 'phones themselves. Does anyone have a recommended jack they've used for such a mod, or am I stuck with a pigtail and some heat shrink tubing?
  10. DCH

Digital timers?

I discovered this morning the existence of digital timers after seeing a Pioneer DT-400. They're pretty sexy, and I get that you basically use them as a power strip with a clock built in that can turn on and off your gear if you so desire. Anyone here a fan, use them for more than just a...
  11. DCH

KEF Q150 vs ADS L400

I have a pair of the ADS that I was using as secondary, mostly for TV, speakers in my main setup. Due to space constraints they've had to become the main speakers in my sun room setup, and since the KEFs are half off, I wonder if I would hear a big difference in quality over the little ADSes...
  12. DCH

Metal grills for KEFs?

I have a set of KEF 103.2 speakers up in my sun room setup, which sound... amazing. Just fantastic. They were fully restored by an eccentric local tech. The problem I have right now is my daughter just turned 1, and spends most of her home time in that room. She's getting more and more...
  13. DCH

L1290 Speaker Placement

Hi all, I've got my L1290s all up and running again after being restored/modified by Vince at Audio Pro (I know he's kind of a nuclear topic, but I like the work he's done for me). What kind of placement works best for these beauties? Right now I've got them about a foot off the wall (a brick...
  14. DCH

Using a Teac CDP650b as a pure USB passthrough DAC?

Hey all, I have a Teac CDP650b in my main setup, and unfortunately I'm running out of analog inputs on my receiver. Rather than unplugging the CDP and plugging in my Android phone, which I use exclusively as a streaming device, I was hoping to just plug the phone into the USB input on the front...
  15. DCH

Denon DP-47F vs. DP-52F

Anyone have any experience with both of these tables? I have the 52F (and absolutely adore it), but there's a 47F up on my local CL and I'm wondering if there's any real difference in performance. Both seem to have the same measurable specs per their VE entries, both are gorgeous, both use the...
  16. DCH

Proper product for cleaning a button

Hi all, what deoxit type should I use to clean the tone defeat and subsonic filter buttons on a Luxman R-117? Thanks
  17. DCH

Thorens Reference Turntable in Boston

NOT my listing, I've never even seen one for sale, much less in person, but there's a Thorens Reference with a SME 3012R on the Boston Craigslist for $5800. That seems like a tenth of what they usually sell for...
  18. DCH

Finding headphone jack specs on SS receivers

Hi all, I'm having trouble finding some information and I hoped y'all could help me. It seems really hard to find headphone output specs for receivers - specifically a Sansui 7070 and a Luxman R-117. They don't appear to be in the owner's manuals, but maybe I just missed it. Any insights...
  19. DCH

Ignorant question re: 600 Ohm AKG K240

My uncle gifted me his old set of AKG K240 headphones for Christmas this year, and I'm just getting around to playing with them. Sound good, but man I have to crank my source to get decent volume out of them. I'm sure they'd sound much, much better with a proper headphones amp rather than the...
  20. DCH

Talk to me about tonearm upgrades on a Thorens

I'm always fighting the upgrade bug, and while I love my TD-125 MkII, I know it could be better. The "classic" combo is some variant of the SME 3009, but I have a few questions (it's got the Thorens TP-16 right now): What would you consider a really solid tonearm for the 125... let's say your...
  21. DCH

Shure V15-III DU

Stupid question, but does the Shure V15-III DU work with the 1019? I know it's baked into a Dual sled, but I'm unable to see if it works with the 10xx series or only the 12xx/7xx Duals. ...probably a more apt question is whether a 1019 sled is the same as a 1219 sled is the same as a 701 sled...
  22. DCH

Boston area ADS L1290s

On the Boston CL there's a pair of ADS L1290s for $400. I am not affiliated as you couldn't get me to sell mine without holding at least three guns to my head. No photo in the listing, but for four bills that's worth a trip to check 'em out...
  23. DCH

Recommended Maintenance for ADS L1290

Hi all, I love my L1290s. I want them to shine for the rest of my life. They sound damned good, but I know there are some recommended maintenance moves to be performed; I've looked through Richard So's site at what services are available, but what's actually necessary/recommended? I know the...
  24. DCH

Stylus for a vintage children's DeJay Swinger?

My parents got my baby daughter an old DeJay Swinger suitcase record player for Christmas along with a big stack of kids' 45s. It's very much so not HiFi or anything, but it's basically the same first record player I had when I was a kid, and I want her to be able to play these kids' records on...
  25. DCH

New to me Denon DP-52F

So after discovering that I really, really like servo tonearms thanks to a Sony PS-X600, I decided to seek out a Denon. Found this on my local FB marketplace today: Denon DP-52F. Gorgeous, and wow does it sound good: Came with a Grado MC+ (not the current mono version, the old tan-body...
Back
Top Bottom