Search results

1. jhc7399

"New" Sony PS-X600, love it!

Just picked up this from another forum member last weekend and absolutely love it! Just got into this hobby probably 6-8 months ago. Haven't had a system since the mid 80's. Just curious about those pops in the video, is that static electricity? Don't think it could be dirt, album is very new...
  2. jhc7399

Tell us about your avatar

Worked at a bar in Cincinnati for over twenty years. Known for metal all through the 80's and with new owners now trying to make a resurgence. Met Ronnie James dio in early 2000 when he played there, true gentlemen, RIP...
  3. jhc7399

Yamaha YP-701, Speed issues and the correct belt.

Thank you, I sure could have used it! Jeff
  4. jhc7399

Pioneer PL-630 Cart recommendations?

Thnaks guys, ordered a MP-110 and gonna see how it goes. Jeff
  5. jhc7399

Yamaha YP-701, Speed issues and the correct belt.

I picked up a very nice Yamaha YP-701 awhile ago in the original box. From the ebay sellers "other items for sale" it looked like they were a salvage seller who sold anything they could get their hands on. When I received the TT I was very surprised at how good of shape it was in. However the...
  6. jhc7399

Pioneer PL-630 Cart recommendations?

I picked up a 630 awhile back that had the speed issues. After I cleaned it up, hit it with deoxit and installed new suspension boots it is ready for action. I am looking to be around $100, looking at a Nagaoka MP-110 and a Acutex 410E. I am new to this hobby and do not know what exactly...
  7. jhc7399

Pioneer PL-5?? Series questions

Wow, like $22 on ebay, that is dirt cheap! For that price I will have to try one just to see how it sounds. Thank you, Jeff
  8. jhc7399

Thank you for the info guys. Looking at the Nagaoka MP110, for the price that one gets some really good reviews. I might just give it a try. Will check back and let you know what I think. Thank You, Jeff
  9. jhc7399

Couple of questions about the 500 series Pioneers, 512, 514, 516, 518, 540 & 560... #1 Are all of the dust covers the same fit? #2 Looking for a good economical Cart & Stylus. The Grado Black 2 & AT95EX look like good bargians, do you think that they are? I mainly listen to Classic and 80's...
  10. jhc7399

Prpblem with a new Yaqin MS23b......

Thanks guys, she is singing now!! Complete setup is the JVC JR-S501 @ 125 per side, Pioneer PL-518, On the front side I have a set of Pioneer CS-A500's I just picked up for $75 last weekend and on the rear I have a nice set of original large Advent. The Pioneers are average but the Advents I...
  11. jhc7399

Working, going to give it a go when I get home. I will check back and let you know the results. Jeff
  12. jhc7399

Well crap, I guess the tube pre and the phono pre are arguing over who gets to pre. Now I get it. Thank you guys, I will try this tomorrow. Jeff
  13. jhc7399

Actually I did run it in through the phono. So try aux? Should I ground the tt on the tube preamp or to the receiver?
  14. jhc7399

Started building a system around six months ago and decided to add an affordable tube phono pre just to see the difference and if it is worth it to go farther with tubes so I ordered a Yaqin M23b. I am using it on a jcv jr-s501 and a Pioneer tt. I have tried hooking it up a few different ways...
  15. jhc7399

Cincinnati Ohio

Cincinnati here as well!
  16. jhc7399

Northwinds/Ron, Good deal and good TT...

Bought my Pioneer PL-530 from Ron and things went well. Just as described, packing was fantastic, quick shipping and a nice deal! Thank you Ron!
  17. jhc7399

Some help with a Yamaha YP-701 please...

This is the only one that I am finding that has a different measurement. https://www.turntableneedles.com/Flat-Belt-Large-351-Inch_p_317.html
  18. jhc7399

Like this,
  19. jhc7399

These two, https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263573274616
  20. jhc7399

I have tried two of them now from different suppliers.
  21. jhc7399

Newbie system recommendations....

Thank you for the advice OS, I really would like to keep everything vintage and I love the wood look on all of my components.The Kyocera's and the Sonys with the wood sides are beautiful and would really fit the look of my system. I will go back and check them out again.
  22. jhc7399

So for the last two months or so I have been trying to put together my first vintage system since my last which was the 70, 80's. I started with a great shape Pioneer SX-750($175), then a set of very nice Large Advents($150) completely rebuilt and beautiful. Added a cheap CD player I had laying...
  23. jhc7399

Newbie system recommendations....

So this turntable is causing me nightmares... After two belts I am at 34 rpm, two tries to get the correct cartridge. I went with a grado black 2. Ended up with a "P" first. So finally today I get everything in and installed, throw on 180 gram Zeppelin 1brand new only to get major rumble... So...
  24. jhc7399

Yamaha YP-701 owners take a look please...

This right here.
  25. jhc7399

Yamaha YP-701 owners take a look please...

Popped the cartridge off and it is an AT-13ea, good stylus replacement recommendations?
Back
Top Bottom