Search results

1. TheBone1

What was the last movie you watched?

Asteroid City.
  2. TheBone1

Spotify v Tidal - Dumb question (I'm sure it is)

Hello folks. I just purchased a NAD Cs1 streamer. I'm enjoying it so far. I am NOT very knowledgable about all things digital and experienced a bit of frustration with the configuration/set up, but worked through it. Okay, now here is the dumb question. I am using my PC as my originating...
  3. TheBone1

Today's Coolest Song In The World

Cool.
  4. TheBone1

Today's Coolest Song In The World

Mr. Morganfield
  5. TheBone1

LET AK DO THE HEAVY "LISTENING"!!!! (music experts needed!)

In honor of my avatar, I will post 5 songs with contributions from Sean Lennon. I will then try to figure out how to link them per the famous AK post #38. Animals - From the Album "Midnight Sun" (GOASTT) Friendly Fire - From the Album "Friendly Fire" (Sean Lennon) Bubbles Burst - From the...
  6. TheBone1

Albums where EVERY song is good

Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection Peter Tosh - Equal Rights Danny Gatton - Unfinished Business
  7. TheBone1

Another dumb question about bi-amping

Obviously my ignorance is showing through! So, you get no more power to your speakers by bi-amping. But, you get more control over highs and lows by using an active crossover. To me, this would mean, you can add more "gain" to your high levels and "less" to low level, or vice-versa, and...
  8. TheBone1

Isn't the ultimate benefit of bi-amping to get more individual power to the speakers? (ie: more power directly to highs and more power directly to lows?) I could accompish adjusting frequencies with an equilizer, correct?
  9. TheBone1

Remember, I'm a newbie:p. So in layman's terms, the crossover will allow the user to adjust the "amount" of input to the high's and low's to satisfy that individual users sound prefences?
  10. TheBone1

Okay, I fiddle with it this weekend..... I'm thinking the jumpers may have been loose....
  11. TheBone1

I have a pair of B&W CDM2's. With the jumpers in place, if one puts the speaker cables into the top posts, very little sound at all comes out. If the cables are put into the bottom posts, the speakers have ample volume. That didn't make sense to me. My buddy says the jumpers should allow on...
  12. TheBone1

If they REQUIRE bi-amping they wouldn't be assembled with jumpers, correct?
  13. TheBone1

So, purchasing the so-called "bi-amping" speaker wires that go from one speaker output (say A positive) and terminates into two poles is not truly bi-amping....(apologies if I'm not using the proper terminology).
  14. TheBone1

Hello ladies and gents. I'm a newbie here and putting together my 2-channel system. I am intrigued by Bi-amping as it seems like most speakers I'm seeing nowadays have bi-amp capabilities. So, flame away!! But here is my dumb question: Does one actually need 2-amps to bi-amp, or can one use...
  15. TheBone1

Tweeters on top of Magnepan QR 1.6's

Are they taking away anything from the actual speaker itself providing I am not bi-amping them currently?
  16. TheBone1

Thank you. I have the amp plugged into the top (non-biamped) speaker posts. There appears to be no sound coming from these. Do they need to be bi-amped in order to work?
  17. TheBone1

Jazz, all I could do was post photo's on "members equipment" page. Post title "Tweeters on top...

Jazz, all I could do was post photo's on "members equipment" page. Post title "Tweeters on top of Magnepan QR 1.6's" "
  18. TheBone1

WHAT ARE THESE?
  19. TheBone1

right now my main question is: there are a set of tweeters that are actually perched on top of...

right now my main question is: there are a set of tweeters that are actually perched on top of the speakers and the wires are embedded down the side of the speakers. Have you seen this before?
  20. TheBone1

Hey, Jazzmans. You seem to know a lot about Magnepans. I'm picking up a used pair of QR 1.6's...

Hey, Jazzmans. You seem to know a lot about Magnepans. I'm picking up a used pair of QR 1.6's today. I'm hoping that I can PM you for questions and advice... Tony from Sacramento, CA
  21. TheBone1

Spotify can't seem to locate my bluetooth

This just now started. I haven't had any problems to this point. I have restarted computer twice now. Spotify is running, but not streaming to my bluetooth. Help! (figured it out. Just unplugged the bluetooth from the power and plugged back in)....
  22. TheBone1

Ticket Brokers

I have (2) tix tonight to the Elton John Concert in Oakland, CA. I purchased the tickets several months ago from a ticket broker. As far as I can tell, when I bought the tickets, they were only available through a ticket broker. I have purchased hundreds of tickets in my life and have never...
Back
Top Bottom