Search results

1. daveyh

AR3a Tweeters

tHanks!
  2. daveyh

AR3a Tweeters

.75" Soft Cloth Dome Tweeter - 4 ohms for AR3a. What do you use to replace these?
  3. daveyh

Sansui 661 weak FM

thanks!
  4. daveyh

Tube Power Supply - Murcurdo? What is it to?

A guy had this stored in his brothers storage unit that passed with the speaker and the radio. He ask me if I wanted to buy all of it and I just purchased the power supply. I actually went to his house to buy a guitar. He called me after I left and I was half way home and he called and told me...
  5. daveyh

Sansui 661 weak FM

I do have a signal tracer and a service manual.
  6. daveyh

Had is spelled wrong.
  7. daveyh

Damn that's it! I have searched and searched and could not find anything. Than you very much for taking your time to help me!!!!
  8. daveyh

Sansui 661 weak FM

I do not have much experience with FM boards so I have no idea where the transistors are near the lo-pass filter. Can you help me identify them? I have cleaned the function switch which did not help. Going to clean all the switches like you suggest next. Thanks!
  9. daveyh

I found a box with a tube power supply in my storage . On the box it is written Murcurdo Power Supply. I bought this around 15 years ago. I think it was part of an old radio that had a bunch of chrome multi-section caps on it. Can anyone help me identify it? Model # and what it is for?
  10. daveyh

Sansui 661 weak FM

Anyone know what is causing the FM to be weak in my Sansui 661? AM reception is fine and loud. FM is weak and I have to turn the volume almost all the way up to hear it. Antenna is connected. The stereo light works and I have cleaned the tuning coil. The meter works fine and it tunes stations...
  11. daveyh

McIntosh MC60 Mono - What is this resistor?

I guess I should have worded it different. "What is the value of this fried resistor?"
  12. daveyh

Shure SME 3009 questions about weights

Excellent, Thank you!
  13. daveyh

Thank You!
  14. daveyh

I have a Shure SME 3009 Tone arm. It has a side weight, I looked inside the mounting hole for a set screw but there is none, All the is in there is a spring and a small piece of plastic the size of the hole. What is missing? What keeps it looked down. Can someone help me? According to a picture...
  15. daveyh

Thorens TD-165 that has a HUM - Can you help?

The turntable is now back at the clients.
  16. daveyh

I replaced the terminal strip with a 4 tap solder strip and cut and rewired all the connections. The bare grounds are now shrink wrapped. I also did not use the cover for the wires. The hum is now almost gone enough to live with it. Turn up the music and it is gone, I am going to call it done...
  17. daveyh

It was humming like that with the old cables. I have put others on that are more thicker and insulated but it still has the hum. It did help a little but did not completely eliminate it. You can touch the metal plate and feel the electricity going from you finger to the large plate. The hum is...
  18. daveyh

I have taken off the bottom once again. Looked at all the wiring and it looks just like you said it should. I even found a picture online that shows the setup. No wires look broken. All look intact. I once again re-flowed the joints to be sure it was not a cold one. Used my meter to check for...
  19. daveyh

It had a Stanton with metal mounting ears and I replaced it with a Audio-Technica plastic body mount and I also tried a Grado. There is one wire that comes from the tree ground to the frame. I have even cleaned the galvanized metal and reattached it but that did not help. I also cleaned the...
  20. daveyh

I have a Thorens TD 165 that has a HUM I can't seem to find. I have replaced the RCA jacks and put a new cartridge and stylus on it and it is still there. I even tried to add an extra ground wire which juat made it worse. It only shows up when I place the stylus on the record or when the unit is...
  21. daveyh

Tannoy 3808 - Tannoy 1009 Crossover

You are a lifesaver! Thanks so much. :p
  22. daveyh

Tannoy 3808 - Tannoy 1009 Crossover

I have a Tannoy 3808 speaker with Tannoy 1009 Crossovers. Does anyone have a schematic for these? I have posted a few pictures and would like to replace a resistor which I think is a 3.3 ohm but I am not sure. Can someone help me out? It is the top green one that is cracked.
  23. daveyh

Marantz 6300 power supply issue

Looks like a 2P4M will work.
Back
Top Bottom