Search results

1. TalYWaun

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

This year I won’t be conforming to the standard APEX format. If this isn’t acceptable, then please feel free to utilise the growth engine and leverage it up the synergy pipeline. I used to have a job a really liked before new management buggered it up. I had the opportunity to take early...
  2. TalYWaun

Marriage is like a poker hand. At first you only need 2 hearts and a diamond. By the end you're desperate for a club and a spade.
  3. TalYWaun

If you love someone, set them free. Set them free, Now. This is the Police and we have you surrounded.
  4. TalYWaun

What walks on four legs in the morning, two in the afternoon, and three at night? I don't know what it is, but I have one trapped in the kitchen. Please send help.
  5. TalYWaun

After years of the drink and drugs lifestyle of a 70’s TV star, K9 hits hard times.
  6. TalYWaun

Zelenskyy: B12 Putin: Hit Zelenskyy: B13 Putin : Hit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Here is a clever piece of video (even if it isn’t the correct ship). https://twitter.com/i/status/1514455955844616198
  7. TalYWaun

Show us your Motorcycles

Don’t be so sure. I spent about 4 years commuting from South Wales to London (about 160 miles) in all seasons and weathers on a CBR1000FM (it saved hours on the motorway each way, and parking it was easy) and towards the end the shine had come off riding a bike. I then went self employed for a...
  8. TalYWaun

NUC/Small Form PC recommendations?

LOL, thanks, I bet it’s better than my 750W workstation that is currently using more power than the rest of the house.
  9. TalYWaun

NUC/Small Form PC recommendations?

Hi, I am looking to buy two NUC’s. One to replace my old, power hungry, HP Workstation (quad core Xeon(R)) that runs my CCTV system (Blue Iris) and Freesat Kodi server, and another old NUC that monitors the CCTV program (via its webpage) and another instance of Kodi for watching Freesat TV and...
  10. TalYWaun

New to electronics repair

I recommend you think about getting a component tester. They are great when you suspect a component and the tester will tell you if it really is bad or not. I have the Peak component testers (passives and semiconductor) after seeing them recommended here and have found them to be very useful.
  11. TalYWaun

A trip to the supermarket and a flashback to 25 years ago when I was playing a video game with my son. Now I just watch in awe as his son teams up in Fortnite and I occasionally offer tactical suggestions. Damn, were my reflexes ever like that?
  12. TalYWaun

Show us your Motorcycles

My latest (CB300R), after two CBR1000’s it’s a bit of a step down but is just right for my current needs. The background is an old railway tunnel that lead to the sheds and another line ran over the top (now a cycle path). Built 1878-1879, you just have to admire the craftsmanship that they had...
  13. TalYWaun

Pioneer SA-9800 Dim Display VFD Rejuvenation Experiment

Great post with useful information, I will be watching with interest as mine needs doing as well.
  14. TalYWaun

Post your Covid 19 isolation project

Not mine, but I think it’s worthy of a link.
  15. TalYWaun

How about some back yard nature pictures?

Thank you for the comment.
  16. TalYWaun

How about some back yard nature pictures?

The first Water Lilly of the season here in South Wales.
  17. TalYWaun

Whats your favorite quote?

When you walk in the shadow of insanity, the discovery of another mind that thinks and talks as yours, can be considered a blessed event. Akin to Robinson Crusoe’s discovery of footprints in the sand.
  18. TalYWaun

Any Carbon filament lamp fans in this forum??

Is a 5KW Tungsten allowed here (stage lighting)?
  19. TalYWaun

Dogs Rock, Post Yer Pooch!

I like the dog but love the vinyl (sat here drooling).
  20. TalYWaun

Tell me something normal

The nitrogen cycle? I had to look that up. So, in answer to your question is no. But, I do have a pressurised multi stage filter system that has bio blocks at the bottom. The foam filters get a good clean but the bio blocks just get a cursory wash over. Plus whist I try to get as much muck out...
  21. TalYWaun

Tell me something normal

The concept is stolen from another of my favourite sites, but thought it might be interesting to play it here. Last weekend I performed the yearly maintenance on my pond. This involves setting up a large paddling pool and using the pond pump to move the water from the pond into the pool. When...
Back
Top Bottom