Search results

1. TalYWaun

NUC/Small Form PC recommendations?

Hi, I am looking to buy two NUC’s. One to replace my old, power hungry, HP Workstation (quad core Xeon(R)) that runs my CCTV system (Blue Iris) and Freesat Kodi server, and another old NUC that monitors the CCTV program (via its webpage) and another instance of Kodi for watching Freesat TV and...
  2. TalYWaun

Tell me something normal

The concept is stolen from another of my favourite sites, but thought it might be interesting to play it here. Last weekend I performed the yearly maintenance on my pond. This involves setting up a large paddling pool and using the pond pump to move the water from the pond into the pool. When...
  3. TalYWaun

Just in case preparations

Living on a hill in Wales, my disaster plan was centred around Snowmageddon, so heat, food, power and entertainment are all taken care of (along with the means of self defence for that extra bit of reassurance). I had just started eating my emergency stock that was best before this year when...
  4. TalYWaun

Heating pump weirdness

I have recently moved my hot water storage tank from one corner of a room to the opposite corner. Now instead of running across the front of the house the pipes run the length of my house. On reflooding the system the pumped central heating lines worked fine but I had problems with air locks in...
  5. TalYWaun

Solar Thermal – cost effective?

I had intended to install a system using 1 or 2 banks of the evacuated glass tube type but the predicted savings claim to be about £60 per annum. If that really is the case my thinking is leave my money where it is, as it will earn more in interest than any savings. My primary heating is a...
  6. TalYWaun

SA-9800 PCB Layout Info

I hope this doesn’t fall foul with the mods as I started it in Solid State before realising it Should go here. So here is layout info for the Protection and Power Supply boards (UK variants). The transistors and caps are on order and will work through them as I’m replacing the parts (as there...
  7. TalYWaun

Pioneer SA-9800 repair – another one.

My trusty old Pioneer SA-9800 died recently (it had had a tough life, so that it lasted so long is a testament to how well built they were). Had a look at second hand prices and decided fixing it may be a better idea. Have had a look at previous posts and am very grateful for the information...
  8. TalYWaun

Hello from South Wales UK

Hi All. New member here. My trusty old Pioneer SA-9800 died recently (it had had a tough life, so that it lasted so long is a testament to how well built they were). Had a look at second hand prices and decided fixing it may be a better idea. Will start a new thread covering the repair and...
Back
Top Bottom