Search results

1. D

What's British in your system?

Nord acoustics INT-A integrated. Worlds apart from my Nad c370 it replaces.
  2. D

Recently purchased a nord acoustics Integrated.
  3. D

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

Thankyou. this is my second turntable that I have owned which I bought from a charity shop then spent a bit of time getting it up to scratch. Very pleased with it! Very modest but surprisingly good. Here is another shot..
  4. D

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

Humble G800/800e on my Lenco L75
  5. D

Lenco l75 idler pulley replacement

Thankyou timmy.timmy
  6. D

Lenco l75 idler pulley replacement

Hi, I have done a bit of a refurb on my lenco l75 that I recently purchased from a charity shop. Basically cosmetics and the addition of both tracking force weight and anti skate weight. I have also upgraded the mains lead and fitted new RCA cables The only obvious problem remaining is that...
  7. D

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

stone roses
  8. D

Sansui 210 - Strange flash bang!

I installed the correct value and spec cap and have been running the amp most evenings for the last week. All is well, very pleased with such a humble little amp. The only fault to occur is the concentric balance control was causing slight fuzz on one channel. It started to act funny where...
  9. D

Monitor Audio Silver S8's IPL Acoustics M1TLM's Wharfedale Melton 2's Rega Planar 2 Chord Company odyssey 2 Graham Slee Gran Amp 2 communicator Other bits are japanese, canadian, german.
  10. D

Wharfedale Owners Thread

Melton 2's - trip down memory lane.
  11. D

Wharfedale Owners Thread

Hello Everyone, I have a pair of Wharfedale melton 2's in new condition. I bought them when on a bit of a nostalgia trip having heard this when I was a kid. They are completely original with the factory brown speaker grilles and emblems. The veneer cabinets look near pristine and the drivers...
  12. D

Is it possible that the unit wont switch completely off using this cap instead of a smaller capacitor?
  13. D

Sorry I meant .22uf (220nf)
  14. D

My Caps arrived today. However, the value is incorrect (i'm sure I ordered 22nf). These are 22uf and not sure whether I can use them, or not? Please can someone advise? Aside from that spec is correct.
  15. D

Hi smurfer, Yes I do know, but it's OK I would much rather someone mentioned it - better to be safe than sorry. I know far less about this than I know. I've ordered a 250v .02uf X2 ac interference suprression cap to replace the original.
  16. D

That would be my guess. I've ordered a replacement. I would still like to get the tuner section working, but its not a massive deal just nice to have everything working.
  17. D

Grabbed my multi with capacitance today to measure the surpessor cap and it is indeed kaput. I couldnt see it inside the insulation but there is a pin hole in the side. I was expecting to see it completely blown apart from the noise. Where do you think I should go with this amp. I will check...
  18. D

No St Elmos Little bit more info about the amp that is edging me towards my first refurb. (210 seems like a good intro) I noticed it would create static charge even after it had been off the mains for a considerable amount of time. I would get a faintcrackle through the speakers when plugging...
  19. D

Well nothing seemed out of the ordinary with my limited knowledge of amplifiers. So today I plugged the amp in with some spare speakers (el' cheapos) attatched and everything seemed ok. I then switched to my other speakers and had them on in the living room for the last 6 hours as a tv setup. I...
  20. D

I have visually inspected the cap across the switch. It certainly doesn't look bad but I cant measure it until I get my other meter tomorrow. Although I could have sworn from the way it went pop alone it was a electrolytic. Its just baffling how it happened when the amp was off and for it to not...
  21. D

Couple of pics
  22. D

Also when playing the amp just a little louder than usual (nothing crazy) I thought I could hear distortion that seemed in unison with the bass that smothered the whole song with a gritty distorion that was so slight I thought I might have even imagined it.
  23. D

Not yet. I wanted to have a look as I was convinced I would see something. It was like a cap exploding. I've also checked the fuses and everything there is ok. The 3 pots on the amp board look very black.
  24. D

Hi, I was using my sansui 210 this evening and when finished turned everything off. Within a few minutes of turning the amp off there was a huge pop/crack and a flash out of the back. I was expecting to see something like an electrolytic blown or atleast something charred but I could not smell...
Back
Top Bottom