Search results

1. dave404

Looking for Akai board layout diagram

Yes thats it. I wonder why it isn't in the manual that is downloaded from HiFi engine..but thank you!
  2. dave404

Looking for Akai board layout diagram

Hi all, I picked up an Akai GX-M10 cassette desk for cheap and downloaded the service manual from hifi engine. The manual does not have a board layout diagram for the main amp board. Does anyone know if one exists and where I can pick one up? Cheers
  3. dave404

Need a little help with this SX535

Hi Topgun Sounds stupid but did you clean the volume, treble and bass pots? I know sometimes when i've run into the bleeding when the signal should be zero, it might be dirty pots. What does the signal look like prior to the output transistors?
  4. dave404

Anyone in the Southeast PA area?PA, DE, MD border area

Cool, thanks. I don't know if I can make it due to the amount of rain we have gotten the past few weekends here and I'm way behind on my fix it duties.
  5. dave404

Hi I saw that. Is this for subscribers only though?
  6. dave404

Hi just saw this thread. I'm in the northeast area of Maryland. Does anyone want to organize a meetup?
  7. dave404

Marantz 2252b Amplifier voltages weirdness

Hi Steve I got back to this last night and was verifying the voltages for Dankik and thought I discovered a potential problem with a discrepancy between the silkscreen on the amp board and what is published in the manual for Q715 Q716 Q717 and Q718. Turns out the silkscreen is correct and the...
  8. dave404

Hi Steve and Dankik I appreciate the responses. Thanks for reading the wall of text. I will try to verify the polarity of my readings possibly tomorrow or Friday and report out what they are. Steve, I was hoping that you had a magic wand that you could loan me and provide me some magic words...
  9. dave404

I've been trying to fix a friends 2252b that he got several years ago and I'm having a difficult time figuring out what I could have done to FUBAR it. Hoping the large brains here have an answer. As some backgroud I'm not new to this. I've fixed several Marantz and Pioneers in the past but I'm...
  10. dave404

Marantz 2275 weird protection issue

Sorry about the misinformation on the diodes. So you replaced which diodes, so we can get a good record of what was replaced in this problem? Since this was Saturday has it held? Cheers
  11. dave404

KSA1220 Transistor out of stock

In sure these are gone by now.. lol
  12. dave404

Someone posted this in the Solid State thread and I haven't done the research on it since I was able to obtain some KSA1220's. But I'm glad you fond some. I've got a sinking feeling that these will be out of production; I may be wrong and I don't have an inside track on this from Fairchild but...
  13. dave404

Marantz 2270 recap Help

What Steve said above..
  14. dave404

Ok, here's what i have: H701 - KSC1845 H702 - KSC1845 H703 - KSA992 H704 - KSC1845 H705 - KSC945C H706 - KSA733 H707 - KSC945C H708 - KSA733 H709 - 2N4923 H710 - varistor..probably not your problem if it hasn't been reported on here H711 - KSA1220 (There isn't any of these on the planet...
  15. dave404

AWESOME. Generally how long before you know if it decides to misbehave? I'm willing to bet that you have a winner. Cheers
  16. dave404

Marantz 2245 No Audio/power

I'm not familiar with the 2245 amp circuit but I would image it's a push pull type with a couple of stages. I found that upstream damage will be voltage related whereas downstream or output problems will be current related. What you described with the resistor is current related.. heat = power =...
  17. dave404

Intermittent problems, especially with mechanical devices are really hard to deal with. Electronics tend to be a bit more deterministic in their behavior and there are fewer component types! I'm no expert anymore but things that appear to intermittent in electronics often boil down to active...
  18. dave404

Marantz 2245 No Audio/power

Hi Chanstarco After reading your posts I'm a little skeptical that the problem is both sets of output transistors, unless they are put in the connectors wrong. Generally when BOTH channels experience problems there is a common solution, such as the power board. Also, I would check the...
  19. dave404

Marantz 2270 recap Help

jFF Are you into the board for another reason, like repairing something? Otherwise, I would leave the non electrolytic caps alone. That's just my opinion as lots of people like to do a rebuild and there is merit in that activity. But if you must, keep the values as close as possible as big...
  20. dave404

gindfix Look at my post http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/marantz-2275-power-up-problem-with-protection-circuit.850909/#post-12376975 In it is a rather long post about where to look for this kind of problem.. this is not a high current problem otherwise you would have fried a number...
  21. dave404

A public shout out to Larry as he opened his Mouser bag and handed me 4 new 1220's over coffee. The man knows his tubes and I would recommend picking his brain about those ancient relics any day. The 2275 is going back into the stereo cabinet today after testing last night. She hums like she's...
  22. dave404

Hi grindfix Here's what i used for the fix for H703 and H704 xH703 - KSA992 xH704 - KSC1845 If you know which side of the rail voltage you are pegging.. either + or - minus you could get away with only replacing one of them. If it's positive voltage at TP1 then replacing H704 would be a good...
  23. dave404

Craig Thanks for the information and this is REALLY good information for finding replacement components that are not in production anymore. However, oldsansui441 is correct, these will not work without SIGNIFICANT modification to the existing power amp board. I really do need the TO-126 package...
  24. dave404

Slimecity, yes he is A LOT closer than NZ, however, I want to publicly say you and your kind offer is one of the reason's why forums like this are so cool.. you don't know me from Adam but are willing to help.. says a lot about the quality of people here. Cheers
  25. dave404

Smoked 2330 - Both Channels Crispy

What Mike said.. too many people shotgun these things and end up making it worse than they should
Back
Top Bottom