Search results

1. S

MC275 as monoblock

when you mono block like this do you use balanced or unbalanced output from the pre-amp??
  2. S

What cartridge are you currently using on main deck

Ortofon 2m bronze (with a shim) on my Rega Planar 3. Neutral rich nice sound
  3. S

Rega Planar 3 vs 1970s Technics SL 1400

I bought the former with upgraded Cart (Ortofon Bronze) to replace the latter just because it was old. The new Rega sounds ok, but not amazing. Something about it gives the impression of soul-less. I have brought out my old Technics and still dig it. Something about direct drive really does it...
  4. S

How balanced is balanced?

Thanks kward, if anything looks crazy off I will try your method with a Y
  5. S

Thanks. This is what I thought... some confusing info from someone. It is just variation from the original recording. Appreciate you.
  6. S

I have a Mcintosh c2600 tube pre-amp. I have noticed of late that the output gauges occasionally vary between left and right; is this a feature of the source (ie the record or CD) or is this a problem with my pre-amp? Sorry, newbie question with no tech savvy
  7. S

running 2 tube amps out of a single pre-amP?

Thank you all: 1. The 275s are bridgeable-- is this this a better option? 2. Why would you run 2 in mono for such a minimal improvement in output? 3. If the tubes on the second 275 are different (used and upgraded), is running 2 in mono going to give me perceivable output difference in each of...
  8. S

Advice blowing money

Kinda crazy that no one is in the KEF camp, but the Dynaudios actually did sound better to me. The KEF Ref 3s are more expensive, but was offered a bit of a better trade in deal for my Monitors, but gonna go with Dynaudio cause I dig them the most! Thanks to you all!
  9. S

Thanks. But this would be 2 amps, for 1 speaker each, to double the output?
  10. S

Anybody do this? I have a Mcintosh 275, but a big room and want more juice... got a lead on a second one used... any caveats on running each out of a single pre-amp... mono?
  11. S

Advice blowing money

Wasting my life's earnings on cool music and sound. I have a Rega planar 3 that I play through a Mcintosh c2600 pre and Mcintosh 275 amp Gonna toss in speaker: debating between KEF REF 3 and Dynaudio C 60. Anybody have an informed opinion between the 2. Play old rock, jazz and blues on vinyl...
  12. S

Cartridge/stylus advice sought

Hi all. New to this very cool forum. I am a lifelong vinyl junky (early 70s)-- my records follow me all over the country. I still love listening to my old stuff, even though some have cracks n pops. I am getting a good vinyl washing system. I currently have a Rega Planar 3 with and Ortofon...
  13. S

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Rare Earth
Back
Top Bottom