Search results

1. Willischulz

Needle Doctor has Closed... Jerry Raskin has died.

That's sad to hear. A lot of my upgraded equipment was from Needle Doctor. I spoke to him on the phone a few times over the years. RIP Jerry.
  2. Willischulz

Wild Early 70s Hard Rock

One of my favorite albums "Look At Yourself" by Uriah Heep. Surprised no one has mentioned this early "heavy metal" band! Here is the studio version of the opening track: And a live at Budokan version: The last track on side 1 "July Morning" is a sonic masterpiece in headphones. "Love...
  3. Willischulz

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

I have been using an Ortofon 2m Bronze cartridge since the summer of 2016 on mine. Love it!
  4. Willischulz

Girls on LP cover - REDUX

BTW - I also LOVE Julie!!!!!
  5. Willischulz

Saw Nicki many times with Les Paul. What a great bass player. And ain't so bad on the eyes either!
  6. Willischulz

Love Julie! The crazy thing is... I never put two and two together until about 10 years ago. I loved "Nurse Dixie McCall" on "Emergency". Never ever thought it was the same singer from the 50s and 60s. She was great. And then to find out she was originally married to Jack Webb (Dragnet and the...
  7. Willischulz

Iconic album cover
  8. Willischulz

Sgt. Peppers one more time

I was fortunate to win tickets to be in NYC last June when Apple and SiriusXM presented a special listening in an extra special Dolby 5.1 mix - not the one released on the 50th box set. To say that I was shaking when it was over was an understatement. There wasn't a sound in the theater when it...
  9. Willischulz

Cranberries singer Dolores Oriordan dies...

Surprised that there are not more posts about Dolores. Unique voice. Great band. Very sorry for the 3 children she leaves behind.
  10. Willischulz

R.I.P. Ray Thomas

Sad. One of my top 5 bands of all time. The soundtrack to my youth.
  11. Willischulz

Kudos to Polk Audio for a repair to old iSonic

Seldom do we get to praise a manufacturer for going above and beyond the call of duty. However, I want to publicly thank Polk Audio (now a subsidiary of Sound United - which makes this even more surprising!) for fixing my (now) vintage iSonic table top sound system. This is the original one they...
  12. Willischulz

Joe Cocker has passed away!

I saw Joe Cocker twice at the Count Basie Theater in Red Bank, NJ in the early-mid 2000s. What a performer. What a show. I was a casual fan of his up to that point. Seeing him live blew me away. I realize his contortions :-) etc. were probably distracting when watching him close up on TV -...
  13. Willischulz

Info re: "A Collection Of Beatles Oldies" LP

There was no "Christmas album" for the boys to put out that year - (having just done Sgt. Pepper) - so EMI rushed out a "Golden Oldies" LP for the British market - and I guess Spain. There was one "new song" on there for the British fans - "Bad Boy". It was released here is the USA earlier but...
  14. Willischulz

Question re: Wings Over America Deluxe Edition

I would have to pull the set out - but yes there is a complete list of all the guys who played in the brass band, who did lights, etc. The whole story of how this tour was put together, where they played, how they travelled. It is an incredible box set complete with DVD of behind the scenes.
  15. Willischulz

New Paul McCartney album, anyone listening?

That's why this album NEW is different. Most of the tracks feature his band that he has been with since 2001. They play on most of the tracks (not all). Abe Laboriel, Jr. is one fantastic drummer. He is on (and sings backup) to many of the songs. Honestly, NEW is a very good album. And - the...
  16. Willischulz

That one doesn't count! ALTHOUGH................. "My Valentine" - which IS a McCartney original is sumptuous and beautiful! The rest was just Paul wanting to do stuff he grew up with. It's OK - not my first "go to" album of his.
  17. Willischulz

Absolutely a very good album from Macca. There are no songs on here that make me want to groan. Two songs - (I won't mention which) sound like they are going to be "groaners" and then they kick you in the face. Great sound! Great Production! Great lyrics. "Queenie Eye" is very catchy as are...
  18. Willischulz

New SoundStageDirect giveaway LP-The Big Lebowski

Soundstagedirect.com
  19. Willischulz

Any Triumph fans here?

I love "Blinding Light Show" Had this on a FREE MAXELL LP that came out in the late 1970s featuring the "Best Mastered Music" in Rock. (They did a whole series of these that were given way when you bought a case of their premium blank cassettes.) I still have that LP and love it!
  20. Willischulz

RIP Marian Mcpartland

She was an amazing musician! I regret I never went to hear her in her many appearances at Shanghai Jazz in Summit, NJ. :-( I almost met her a few years ago at the BB King in NYC. My wife and I had gone to hear Burt Bacharach's only East Coast concert (which was amazing! We sat at the foot of...
  21. Willischulz

The Beatles - The Inner Light leads me to Wonderwall

Yes... watch the movie. :drunk: It's bizarre.
  22. Willischulz

Favorite German Baritone?

I personally prefer Fischer-Dieskau - especially his Winterreise.
  23. Willischulz

Favorite German Baritone?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :twak:
  24. Willischulz

Old Time Radio shows, what are your favorites.

Absolutely love "X Minus One" (an its forerunner "Dimension X") - great Sci-Fi! Next would be "The Whistler". ("Go on! You know you want to kill her...") "Box 13", "Yours Truly... Johnny Dollar", are also favs. I got back into listening to Old Time Radio with my Siruis/XM subscription...
Back
Top Bottom