Search results

1. JT-3

Send your Marantz today! Don't worry Ebay has your money in their mattress.

Yep, I'm pretty much done with ebay selling expensive things. I recently sold a "trading cards" set and long story short, had to take them back. I took a zillion pictures, described to my ability etc, but after the buyer opened a bogus "not as described" case I was worried about being out the...
  2. JT-3

Tekton Owners Thread

Sold my Tekton Lore Reference and moved to Wharfedale Lintons. Tough call, but for late night listening prefer the Lintons.
  3. JT-3

Where's c_dk? (RIP July 4, 2020)

I remembered his handle as one of the most knowledgeable. I was just searching and found this. :( Sorry to hear, his contributions here will be referenced by others for years to come.
  4. JT-3

Here is a Marantz 2230 receipt from 1972

That is amazing. If you have children I'd pass this to them along with your story. Thanks for sharing.
  5. JT-3

Here is a Marantz 2230 receipt from 1972

$395.72 on Sept 28 1972. Receiver retailed for $349.95. It appears Dad had to co-sign for the financing. $395 in 1972 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $2,459.10 today, an increase of $2,064.10 over 49 years. The dollar had an average inflation rate of 3.80% per year between 1972 and...
  6. JT-3

Pics of your listening space

It's a credenza with wooden sculpted doors. It holds pictures and a CD player. Weighs a ton, never moving it.
  7. JT-3

It's been over a year since posting, moved some things around.
  8. JT-3

Usher speakers perform highly. In my old home, I had the BE718 and they could really shake the room (a large loft actually) and didn't need a sub. They would make a "top 100" speaker list IMO. Nice set up.
  9. JT-3

Got a Tandberg 2080

Nice score! I have a 2030, the case cleaned up nicely with gentle sanding and added poly. Sure I posted pics.
  10. JT-3

Tekton Owners Thread

Yep, with concerts and live music they are amazing.
  11. JT-3

MC250 Shipping Damage

Refund, in my expereince the mailman prefers to deliver envelopes and not heavy McIntosh amps. From experience, and I dealt with an amazing ebay seller, I won't ship or buy Mac amps remotely anymore. But that's just me. GL, My seller came through. Just a little stressful and disapointing.
  12. JT-3

Best LEDs for the MC2505 amplifier?

I have a c26 and MR74 but they are usually turned off. It matches the Emotiva Pre that I recently purchased. I have never seen the red light on, strangely enough.
  13. JT-3

Best LEDs for the MC2505 amplifier?

Just replaced mine, funny I found this thread. Hope this helps others. Remove top and bottom panels, (don't forget 2 screws on each side for the bottom panel) remove the knobs, then the screws holding the faceplate. Have a towel or pillow nearby to lay the glass face - it's super fragile...
  14. JT-3

Tekton Owners Thread

I think my only complaint with the Lore is that can be slightly fatiguing with certain music after a while. But for anything acoustic (I'm a huge fan of the entire MTV unplugged library, vocals, anything "live") and they are incredible, including jazz. I do have a SVS sub which helps, although...
  15. JT-3

Tekton Owners Thread

Here's a pic of the Klipsch RP-600m and the Lore Reference. It's been a few months and I compared both, I liked the Tektons more and moved the Klipsch upstairs. I couldn't bring myself to return them, both speakers are amazing and admirable brands.
  16. JT-3

Just Bought A New Yamaha

Nice choice and Crutchfield is a solid company. I have the Yamaha R-S500 and it's been fantastic. I had it running A+B to fill our old home with sound, all the time, which was "church like" in space. Now it's a back up but don't think I'll ever it sell it.
  17. JT-3

Anyone surprised by the c26 or c28 preamp?

Well, still using a serviced C26 with no regrets. I have the 2505/C26 hooked up to new Klipsch RP-600M's. Not sure what I was thinking with the "surprised" title of this thread, but happy with the decision. :)
  18. JT-3

SX 780

I sold a near pristine one maybe 5 years ago when I lived there. Always regretted it! Wonder if that is the one. Enjoy....the 780 is the sweet spot in the range.
  19. JT-3

My Flexy Rack

Great job and thanks for sharing.
  20. JT-3

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

21. JT-3

The way it used to be...

Listening to the radio, waiting for that song, for the latest mixtape Collecting and trading baseball cards, going to the rock shop for crystals Riding your bike all day, sometimes far away Exploring abandoned houses No cell phone, no beeper Saturday morning cartoons My father's epic company...
  22. JT-3

How rare are original shipping boxes? Picked up a 4300.

Original boxes are fairly rare. I've sold the stack (+ gear) on the right but original boxes and especially the receipt was a huge bonus. The Yamaha was worked on by Merrylander and the Akai was new old stock.
  23. JT-3

Look what I won last night

Congrats! Good karma for sure.
  24. JT-3

25. JT-3

What is your occupation?

I've been selling data center space for the last 15 years. I sell the cloud to the cloud. Very soon, hope to do something different, perhaps a career change. Brewing beer sounds mighty fine. :)
Back
Top Bottom