Search results

1. HiFiAnon

Help a simpleton hook up a turntable

Phono if using the preamp on your receiver, aux if not. Experiment with both. We do want pics, and model info, though. You'll need to follow @the skipper's advice on the preamp choices.
  2. HiFiAnon

Help a simpleton hook up a turntable

Does it look like this? RCA-to-stereo miniplug If so, set it aside and replace it with something like these, going from turntable to old receiver. RCA-to-RCA (male-to-male)
  3. HiFiAnon

Crushed my A/D/S tweeter domes. What are my options?

The faceplate is glued in. Or pretty well glued in with a gasket. And once out, there would be no access from the back to reach the dome (I wouldn't think).
  4. HiFiAnon

Sadly, I packed them that way to protect the grills. If I had packed with the grills on, I wouldn't be in this boat. Denting the grille is just cosmetic.
  5. HiFiAnon

Ebay bidding

10 seconds is plenty of time. Especially when you are up against a machine.
  6. HiFiAnon

I don't like it when people ask for help in a thread... then never come back and say how things went. I'm here with an update. Everyone in the thread was very helpful. I went getting the domes to be domes, getting the loosest of cardboard hairs off, then just leaving it alone before I make...
  7. HiFiAnon

Thanks. The painter's-tape suggestion went well for getting the does to be dome-like again. The stuck-on cardboard fibers are another matter. They are on there pretty well.
  8. HiFiAnon

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Who is Richard?
  9. HiFiAnon

I took off the covers of my L520's, packed them in a box to move. I put cardboard between them, and had them face-to-face. I didn't even think about what I was doing, with the tweeter domes sitting proud of the boxes. They both now look like this: The tan fuzz is where they stuck to the...
  10. HiFiAnon

WSJ Article on Vintage Audio.

If I owned any of the gear listed specifically in the article, I'd sell it to a speculator this week. I'd buy myself a perfectly suitable replacement, bank the rest. Then, when the vintage audio codgers die off (like the guys who desire 1950s cars) I'd buy the stuff back at the heir's yard sales.
  11. HiFiAnon

What was the last movie you watched?

"Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri" It is an excellent movie.
  12. HiFiAnon

So...... Which big brand will roll out the "retro" look first???

I think that might be "reissue", not "retro". Reissue: Retro: It doesn't seem like there is enough demand for something like what you mention. I mean enough demand for someone to develop it, market it, and produce it for low prices. Even with the economy of scale of iPhones, they can...
  13. HiFiAnon

Since when has a turntable base been referred to as a plinth?

Moot. You're. Hey, it's a thread about proper word usage, I'm just going with the flow! ;)
  14. HiFiAnon

Help for a newbie to DACs

@Madman1, I'm also completely new to this, so I'm just writing what I think is the answer. Your D2 has optical in. The Airport Express has optical out. You can stream to the AE, it feeds your D2 with relatively clean signal, then the D2 does the magic and feeds your amp. This bypasses the DAC...
  15. HiFiAnon

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Pioneer SX780, Airport Express, A/D/S L520 & MS2
Back
Top Bottom