Search results

1. M

Technics SL-1200G Speed and Wow and Flutter Issues?

Don't be so pessimistic or lose faith - yes they are a behemoth so you know it will take a little time to get through - talk directly with them (write) and tell them all of what you've said in this thread, you may be pleasantly surprised
  2. M

Not helpful as well as the fact that every member of AudioKarma who has had the pleasure of encountering any of your posts on the brand and the model is well aware of your disdain for them Why not try just being quiet on the matter for a refreshing change - be a lot more helpful and take away a...
  3. M

Follow the instructions given by Panasonic in their warranty and quit wasting your time with flakes
  4. M

All warranty repairs are at the sole discretion of Panasonic and there is no mention of transferability - YEA or NAY, so that's good With a turntable from an overseas maker I'd be surprised if there was due to the nature of the beast though, but they don't print it so you may be good (legally) I...
  5. M

Help with a structural vibration issue in a rental home.

Hi again For the sake of clarity what I suggest can/is to be used in conjunction with the shelf already set up you already have, just an amendment to complete your isolation challenges
  6. M

Clearly by the windows Vibropods work wonders and you can easily order them on-line and are definitely within budget Floating the table can be done with a credit card but it's a rip in my view - if you or someone close is handy it can be easily accomplished in an aesthetically pleasing way and...
  7. M

A glass plate with about 10 Vibropods under it or a sand box with another plank or plate of glass floated in it Either or deployed on your wall shelf - trying not to reinvent the wheel here Those wall mount turntable platforms when mounted to studs in today's crap construction homes can be a...
  8. M

Turntable restoration (recapping) recommendations

I don't care what you do, or don't do - my post was in response to Suribachi's invite for suggestions As for me, 'risk' has nothing to do with it? Don't really buy into or get that one but hey, it's all good I'm asking my friends in Merrick if they know a good tech in the Syracuse area now Peace
  9. M

Turntable restoration (recapping) recommendations

There is no rational reason to not have this done, none, and no shortage of folks telling you there is no need to do anything at all I am one of those people who believe you are 100% correct in your thinking Electrolytic capacitors do have a finite life span, especially small and thin ones - no...
  10. M

Is the Sony Hp-485 a good turntable?

I once had a Sony very similar to that one I used for 78s, worked fine but not as good as the 485 That 485 comes with a Pickering V15 magnetic cartridge - which is a good thing - and you can still get new styli for it If it all works $20 bucks is a good deal Just make sure you have a good stylus...
  11. M

I'm officially hooked (JBL L40 project)

I'm aware - the electrolytic is just a trash can- was just curious why you'd change out a film type if you liked the way the speakers sound Enjoy
  12. M

Keeping the viscous feel when cleaning pots.

The secret isn't a secret - don't over wash which in my experience is what most hobbyists do - the old 'if a little's good then.................' The smooth tactile feedback is in the control's bushing, not the actual wipers I re-lube over washed/rough bushings/ancient dried out controls with...
  13. M

$11 Chinese AT3600L Thread Mk. II - Champagne sound on a Beer budget!

I thought I did - did not realize this thread was a redux of the earlier train wreck until now If we're talking post #62 it doesn't show anything meaningful - you can't see the actual stylus proper, just the shank
  14. M

Turning a 45+ year old speaker into a modern subwoofer

That's pretty funny! I'd like that too
  15. M

A few pair of book shelf models I've bought from thrifts, rehabbed and flipped or given away but not a pair of the end tables with cushions
  16. M

$11 Chinese AT3600L Thread Mk. II - Champagne sound on a Beer budget!

What scope do you own? Could you post a photo please (of the Shibata)? Thanks!
  17. M

Denon 103 103r users what VTF are you using??

2 and 1/2 grams as per Denon's suggested 'optimum' Have been very happy with it there and have felt no need to experiment further I REALLY love this cartridge - the plain vanilla DL-103 It's a beautiful thing
  18. M

The rat shack speaker was made in Japan and uses Fostex drivers (which you can tell by just looking at them) WaynerN's Empires well pre-date them and are in a whole other league of (superior) quality and build Rat shack was copying Empire with end table motif
  19. M

As presented so far not really the best idea I've heard today I wouldn't build a sub from scratch based on some random box no matter how cool or retro looking the box might be You haven't said how you want to use the sub either What's the cubic feet of your box?
  20. M

Speaker suggestions under$200

No, but you might be a little out of touch I try to answer the question(s) with relevant info - not press my personal agenda on some sort of treasure hunt from the good old days I don't think anyone asked the OP what his current speakers were including yours truly You said you had not 'seen' any...
  21. M

You should try getting out more!
  22. M

ANY of the current Andrew Jones stuff is VERY good and VERY affordable Just tune out the nattering nabobs : - ) Just google 'Andrew Jones speakers' - he's been super busy lately These are very good...
  23. M

Best budget turntable?

+1
  24. M

Best budget turntable?

Your first mistake, in my OPINION, is making the call that you even need a new table based on reading what's on the net, all drama all the time 24/7 If you are willing to deal with a little fixing up with a new table then why not take a serious look at the one you have now and ignore the...
Back
Top Bottom