Search results

1. C

Air cooled Volkswagen appreciation thread

THIS. I have never in all my years understood the complaints of the heating system in the bug. I have the standard setup (heat exchangers wrapped around exhaust pipes to muffler) I open up my heater flaps (after engine warms up of course) and it's scorching. If it ain't working as described...
  2. C

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I like the TIN man.
  3. C

Technics SL-1700 like new condition in original box...

$275. Worth it? Is this a poor man's SL-1200? Asking cause I have a line on one in like new condition in the original box, with Grado cart.
  4. C

I must resist! Soundwave Point source 3.0

If you don't want em please post where your brother lives so someone else can benefit, thx.
  5. C

Don't get upset, cause I really don't care, BUT... I'll say it again, the TITLE may not mention it but if you bother to simply view the actual first POST, it's all about audio. It's completely apparent that was the OPs intent. Maybe he/she should come back and sort this out. Carry on.
  6. C

I must resist! Soundwave Point source 3.0

Dude, grab em. I had a pair of Soundwaves last year, saw them listed on FB marketplace for $100. Had no idea what they were but they looked cool and expensive so I picked them up. They sounded phenomenal. Hard financial times forced my hand and that's the only reason they are gone. Not too many...
  7. C

Name that speaker

Cheapo RCA towers.
  8. C

Full Sized Trucks--When Will The "Size War" End?

They are?? Last time I checked a base Sierra 1500 MSRP was over $50k.
  9. C

Wow..... Look at this must have gear

Sorry but I don't see why everyone's getting all bent out of shape. People posting stuff on CL that they didn't bother to assess a realistic value of are a dime a dozen. Just ignore it and move on.
  10. C

Paradigm Reference Studio 40 v.2 -- 4 for $600

Would you? I came across these in a local pawn shop this afternoon- thought that was excessively high until I looked up completed auctions on everyone's favorite auction site--seems the version 2's go for around $400/ pair. Would you do the 4 for $600? Or what would your bottom dollar offer be...
  11. C

Hurry up! Then come down to the Junebug Jamboree in Springfield, or the Eureka Springs VW show in August.
  12. C

Wow- Vintage Hartley Concertmaster IVs Springfield Mo....

I saw the other thread re the Concertmaster Jrs where you redid the crossover on those. I'm going to sell my house, pick these up, and let you do the same to these. Also, the "best speakers" comment came from somewhere I read where Stereophile or some such mag back in the 70s or 80s declared...
  13. C

Also, despite the numerous repeated teeth-gnashings and hand-wringings in VW circles concerning the autostick, it has been quite reliable only had to have it serviced once in the near 50 years of ownership. Cannot say the same for the engine....
  14. C

Posted this in another thread but, my 69 autostick bug: My dad bought it brand new from Tait Coppess Motors in Little Rock Ark, after he gave it to me about 10 years ago, rummaging through the glove box I found the original window sticker:
  15. C

To be fair, I just looked up the 2019 Sierra and the "stairstep" inner tailgate--while it is that-- is also a footrest to allow sitting in the bed with your feet down on it. Also has cupholders. SO I gotta say that's kind of cool. It can also fold outward as a work bench of sorts or upward...
  16. C

This is absolutely absurd. Bad enough that 75% of the folks working in my office building own a freaking truck for no reason... just cause they can, it's just a "I demand you notice me!" affliction that has just gotten worse over the last 15-20 years.
  17. C

Looking for first turntable

Not trying to start something but this has been the exact opposite experience I've had-- as an ebay seller for almost 20 years I have never seen ebay side with a seller on almost anything regardless of the situation. And that 6 month guarantee they have now is nothing short of absurd as it...
  18. C

Every so often I get to the twin cities area with a couple buddies to do thrift store hunting-- it's always amazed me how much better (quality finds-wise) the thrift stores up there are compared to the veritable load of crap down here in NW Arkansas. Those Unique thrifts up there always seem to...
  19. C

No affiliation since I'd never be able to afford a pair in the first place. Best speakers the world has ever put out.
  20. C

Today's going rate of DCM TW3?

Dr. Watson are you anywhere near Oklahoma? :D https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1992853217683835
  21. C

only $3500 https://springfield.craigslist.org/ele/d/springfield-vintage-hartley/6796904259.html
  22. C

Ordered some Chinese speakers out of curiosity

Yeah you're right- I should have said EXACTLY like white van. :p
  23. C

Can't really argue with this- had a set of Swans several years ago that were top notch in looks. The sound left quite a bit to be desired.
  24. C

Hard for me to believe these speakers don't sound like--well not like crap maybe, but... not good. They look almost exactly like one of those white van brands you see walking into the pawn shop-- you know, ProStudio, Techwood, etc
Back
Top Bottom