Search results

1. ukza

Sansui G-33000 restoration

You right with some fans, but this is a brushless fan, so no problem. I thought to rectify the 100V (130V) of the original fan but did not want something going into the right channel back. Instead I used an extra power supply 230 to 12V
  2. ukza

I like to listen to loud music. So it comes hot now and then. I think the temperature is 65 degrees Celsius when it comes on and then it is very loud. Edit: OHD3-65M is used to switch the original fan. With the early start of the fan I try to avoid the big heat also to protect the rare Sanken. I...
  3. ukza

It is a noctua see picture below.
  4. ukza

I changed the fan at the Sansui. It is temperature controlled, so it starts already running at low speed if the output stage gets warmer. Didn’t have to change screws or holes, so I can put it back to original state. It’s a 120mm fan, silent with a high flow rate and the holes fit exactly What...
  5. ukza

So it’s fixed. By the way the driver stage has the same transistors like the Sansui I added connectors so the board can be taken out in 40 years again :)
  6. ukza

It looks ok now, still a bit more cleaning necessary. New caps ordered
  7. ukza

For the capacitor theme Here a photo of my Nordmende built between 80-82, you can see the damage that the capacitors made.
  8. ukza

I have noticed if I listen to my Receiver in volume lower position that I can feel more heat at the 2900 and 2901 board. At higher level they stay cooler. Something to worry abou?
  9. ukza

I will check out the Mr Carlson's Lab tester. I think capacitors is like a "religion" that can be discussed until the eternity Lucky I changed all :)
  10. ukza

That’s the device I’m using.
  11. ukza

I measured most of them and the capacity was very close to the value printed on
  12. ukza

The electrolytics were ELNA and Nichicons maybe thats why.
  13. ukza

Some had like half the capacity One was 1800pF instead 0,047uF The electrolytics where quite ok, (Type ELNA )
  14. ukza

Mostly the green Mylar I have also differences between manual and the board. The C08 and 10 differ. Instead 0.022 it was 0.015. Maybe a modification
  15. ukza

So the F2920 is finally done A few of the green Mylar where out of range
  16. ukza

I wonder if you could compare the sound of your original G to a restorated one, how big the difference in sound is. Cause when I started with mine, it sounded not really nice as stated in my first post here.
  17. ukza

I think it will not sale for that price. I bought mine for 6500€ but just because I really (I mean really) wanted it :) Plus the money I spent for parts and transport.
  18. ukza

Thanks everyone. It really sounds outstanding and the look is different but I like it :)
  19. ukza

The hard wax is on with a bit of a shine
  20. ukza

New color, I’m waiting for the hard wax oil
  21. ukza

Main panel new veneered
  22. ukza

The old cover and then removed old veneer.
  23. ukza

I will be careful. Thank you for the information
  24. ukza

New color, I wanted it closer to original. I will add some oil or wax to give it a bit shine.
  25. ukza

That’s the good thing, it’s everyone’s own choice, so there will be a lot of unique big G’s out there :)
Back
Top Bottom