Search results

1. b1lk1

60MHz hum when computer connected to amp

I narrowed down my powered subwoofer hum to the PC connection. I unplug the RCA cables from the AUX selector and the hum goes away. I tried moving plugs to same power strip with no luck. I'm currently using a very cheap USB DAC which is powered by the USB ports. Any suggestions? I'm open...
  2. b1lk1

So I bought a "new" pair of JAMO CL20 speakers on Ebay

Somewhere around 150hrs on the now, can't wait until I have a better listening space. Right now they are on a shelf that starts just over my head height in my space. When I stand and listen they sound fantastic. Haven't found a way to set up the sub and have the sound pleasing, sub is either...
  3. b1lk1

The more I listen to them the broader the sound and the overall clarity keeps inching up as well. I am very happy with my purchase. The one "tight" speaker has 0 issues now. My amp is good for 60wpc or so and even when approaching the top end they speakers are performing excellent. No...
  4. b1lk1

Opinions on Jamo Classic Speakers (I think 10) - about 20 yrs old

I'm a HUGE JAMO fan. I picked up a "new" set of bookshelf Classic 20's a month or so ago and they have broken in to be the most amazing speakers I have had the chance to listen too. I have to admit I have only sampled a handful of older speakers so take my opinion with that in mind. I find...
  5. b1lk1

What is the future of FM

Oldies FM 96.7 is pretty good, great mix of music and not so much obnoxious pop like BOB.
  6. b1lk1

What is the future of FM

Canada's market is so small we still have some choice. BUT, there is almost never more than 1 station of any 1 type of format within reach at any time.
  7. b1lk1

What is the future of FM

FM is being taken over by big companies, many/most in Canada are rebroadcasting a "parent" source with locals doing news/announcements. FM is not going anywhere until there is another free option. It reaches far too many people both directly and indirectly.
  8. b1lk1

Vintage CD Players and their old outdated DACs

I have yet to find any info on this specific model.
  9. b1lk1

Vintage CD Players and their old outdated DACs

I recently picked up a JVC xl-fx158bk and it sounds fantastic. I have a couple other vintage players around but they don't compare. The highs and mids are wonderful, unlike the other players I have which are muffled. It even has an optical SPDIF out, although I really need to find more info...
  10. b1lk1

Restoring LXI TR6023 tuner

It was glue. There is no corrosion on the board other than where there was a liquid spill who knows when. I have the matching amp and it also has the same liquid damage. I bought another LXI 4023 amp so that is why I wanted this tuner back. Got it working nice, cleaned up as much of the goo...
  11. b1lk1

How high can you go??

Chump change compared to the original. The original now goes for over $2 million if you can even find one for sale. Can't argue with logic onwardjames!
  12. b1lk1

Restoring LXI TR6023 tuner

Lucky for me I paid someone to service this so....... They did not even open it up. I just cleaned all teh dust out, looks to have had a slight liquid intrusion in one corner but PCB looks fine, nothing seems visually damaged after light cleaning. My main issue is the large main capacitors...
  13. b1lk1

How high can you go??

I truly wish I could spend thousands, I do not begrudge people that do either. Sometimes I get taken back when I see $1000 speaker wires and patch cables and such, but again, if I had the disposable income I GUARANTY that I would drop the cash as fast as I could. The easiest way to identify...
  14. b1lk1

How high can you go??

If I could I would but I can't so I wont.
  15. b1lk1

18lbs. I listen to mostly Jazz and classical now so they are just really fitting the bill nicely. THey are a bit larger than I was looking for, but I am also very happy with the slightly larger woofer.
  16. b1lk1

That is the speaker that is "tight". It had a worrysome rattle at low volumes that has disappeared quickly so I have my eye on it. If I hear any other strange rattles it is getting a new foam ring as it still sounds amazing. I am extremely happy with the sound so far.
  17. b1lk1

Second day in and they have really started to come around. I am no longer trying to decide where to put my subwoofer as I no longer want to use it, lol. Still trying to find info on them as well.
  18. b1lk1

Speakers: What do you own?

Had: Dynaco A35's Original Advents Bose 201's Have: JAMO CL 20 JAMO Cornet 40 Technics SB-A10 (Boxstore junk but have taken amazing amounts of punishment so they deserve a mention)
  19. b1lk1

What would you do? Damaged a pair of expensive speakers...

I can understand refunding a buyer that expected them scratch free, but I would hardly take much money off when re-selling, as has been said, you can't hear that scratch anyways.
  20. b1lk1

I have been looking for a new pair of speakers for about 6 months. I just never had the amount of cash to buy what I wanted and I have not worried about the wait. I had 2/3 of what I needed (about $500) saved and then I ran across an Ebay auction. TO make a long story short, I have loved the...
  21. b1lk1

Trying to fine sub $800 new bookshelf speakers HELP!!!

I should also add I am in Canada, lots of stuff not available here easily like the US.
  22. b1lk1

My listening space is far from ideal. Even my sub has to live up top behind everything, good thing it's not that big. Once our kids are out of the house (16&17 and thankfully both are working hard at their future) so my space will get bigger some day as we plan on selling and downsizing (1 1/2...
  23. b1lk1

The space they have to live in is 10" x 10" (inches, lol). Height is of no concern.
  24. b1lk1

OK, been going back and forth between KEF Q350 and ELAC UB51-BK. Priced out at $699+tax for the KEF and $499+tax for the ELACs. My listening space is small, room is 10'X10' and my speakers have to sit just over head level. I have a LXI 4023 amp so both my current choices are in no fear of...
  25. b1lk1

Connecting a subwoofer to older receiver

You don't use the line in (low impedence) connection when using the high impedence connection.
Back
Top Bottom