Search results

1. lordgarth

Untapped Potential: Heath's W-5M

Hi DCG, the first 13 posts of yours here would only take me about a year to write.:rflmao: Anyway, like many before me, thanks for sharing your excellent knowledge on tube amps.
  2. lordgarth

KLH Six circa 1968 Restoration w/Pics!

Was anyone here expecting a less than stellar job from Glenn? Glenn, there's room in my bsmt for them, let me know when I can over & remove some of the clutter. :rockon:
  3. lordgarth

canton quinto bass

a recap will do wonders
  4. lordgarth

Maggie MMGs!

Glenn, I have a great idea, sell me your ADS 980's & you'll have plenty of room to keep both pairs of Maggies. :rflmao:
  5. lordgarth

MC2100 vs MC2125

Since no else mentioned it, I will. The worse part of the 2nd generation of the Mc SS amps is the cheap plastic bezel. Remove it for better looks.
  6. lordgarth

I vow not to be condescending regarding the topic of "Presbycusis" (that means hearing loss).

Hey Bob, why don't you recommend Cornscala D's to 6cats??:biggrin:
  7. lordgarth

♫♫ Saturday October 29th, 2022 Fall Blue Mt. Audio fest. Peekskill, NY ♫♫

Your kindness could lead to audio bliss.
  8. lordgarth

It would be very nice if someone could bring a 6SL7 tube tomorrow .
  9. lordgarth

I'll be bringing a Precision 612 tube tester, able to test 4 & 5 pin tubes plus the usual suspects.
  10. lordgarth

If I can make it I will bring 2 tube testers and I WON"T charge a penny. However, I will accept local IPA's.:beerchug:
  11. lordgarth

Canton Quinto 520 Crossover upgrade

Cantonboy, you can swap the tweeter & mid to make them mirror image. That's what I did.
  12. lordgarth

New York City tube amp repair recomendations please

Tom B only works on solid state equipment
  13. lordgarth

First time Glenn had the show I got there before 9:30 & the guy at the gate didn't charge me the fee.
  14. lordgarth

Canton Quinto 520 Thread

Sell the 520's & get a pr of 530's:banana:
  15. lordgarth

Magnepan MG-2 1970s question

$200 is a steal, buy them.
  16. lordgarth

Cornscala D

The Corn D's sound horrible with any SET amp. Buy a mid 90's receiver & save your $$.:rolleyes:
  17. lordgarth

ADS L500 lackluster sound. Need some input

Ditch the 500's/ 570's & get some Canton 920's.
  18. lordgarth

University 6201 Crossovers & Cabinet Info

To the OP, I started using the 6201's in an open baffle design, it was ok until I found a pr of Altec 601c's. The Altecs are far superior to the Uni 6201. I had a pr but somehow got hoodwinked & bamboozled by some guy in Vancouver & sold them to him. I heard it thru the grapevine that he lookin...
  19. lordgarth

Amp and Speaker Source Selector

Niles svc-4. Allows 2 amps & 4 sets of speakers.
  20. lordgarth

Suggestions for decent ported speakers

Canton 920
  21. lordgarth

♫ Post Pandemic FrankenFest is on in West Boylston, MA - Saturday October 23, 2021 ♫

1- I'm glad I didn't get into any photos- tired of giving away my autograph for free.:rflmao: 2- Connors video does not do justice to those Mc speakers- they are stunning & have to be heard in person.:bowdown:
  22. lordgarth

How Do You Unbox Big Speakers?

I usually use an ice pick & a sawzall.:banana:
  23. lordgarth

♫ Post Pandemic FrankenFest is on in West Boylston, MA - Saturday October 23, 2021 ♫

I didn't go thru all 5 pages, but if someone brings a mono amp I'll bring up my WE 755a speaker -original zinc coated 1947/8. I have boring Beatles/Stones in mono on my iPod .
Back
Top Bottom