Search results

1. lordgarth

Canton CT-800.....I finally beat the Canton Kid

Here's my pair of CT-800's in beautiful gloss mahogany. The seller bought these from a a US Army vet who brought them home from Germany in the late 80's. After comparing them to my Braun L1030, it's obvious they need a recap. Listening to these 2 + the Quinto 530's. The 530's hold up very well...
  2. lordgarth

Altec 601c -attenuator shaft replacement

Hi AKers, While in the process of building cabinets for the speakers, I lost one of the shafts . Any ideas on what to use as a replacement & where to get it??, thanks in advance.
  3. lordgarth

Just Another Braun L1030 rebuild

As some astute members know, I got these locally from CL & paid half the asking price due to some defective mids & tweets. Had them rebuilt by Mr.So. My friend/ tube tech replaced the caps & 5W resistor on the x-overs, upgraded all internal wiring to 18 gauge, & placed new spkr posts. Like...
  4. lordgarth

Static on intial start up- Mc225

Hi fellow Mc fans, I've been having this trouble for a while now & interested in removing the problem once & for all. Here's what's been done so far with no help to eliminate the static. Which only happens on the right channel, The start up static blew out my tweeter on my Dali 6's 1- All tubes...
  5. lordgarth

Cornscala D photo's

6. lordgarth

Trouble with MC 225, static on left

Hi , I'm getting static out of the amp on the left channel. 2 of the 7591 tubes are glowing on & off causing static, any idea on what's causing this? Where should I be looking to remedy the situation?. Thanks in advance.
  7. lordgarth

45 tube amp

Hi All, Today I saw a stereo 45 tube amp that puts out 10 w/p/c also using a 5u4 & 2 - 5692 tubes. I know it's not SET because you can't get 10 w/p/c out of 2- 45 tubes. My ? is how is the amp wired to get 10 w/p/c, thanks in advance for your answer.
  8. lordgarth

Is MC60 an upgrade from MC225??

Hi all MC fans, As you can see by the title of this thread, I'm interested in buying a pr of MC60's. What kind of sound improvement, if any, would there be? My pr of MC225's were updated by the GREAT Terry D. There are many people on this site that say there is better/sweeter sound because of...
  9. lordgarth

Push/Pull tubes--class A or A/B

Hi all, Could someone here please inform me how to tell if my amps, using 6V6 tubes & 5Y3 rectifiers, is being run in class A or A/B. Where do I look on the schematic. They are a pr of 8 watt amps. Thanks.
  10. lordgarth

Western Electric 124B Amps

Hi All, I have a pair of these amps. Should I modify them to work with 4 or 8 ohm spkrs. I believe they are set up for 600 ohm output at the moment. Thanks in advance for your answers.
  11. lordgarth

McIntosh vs McCormack

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone here has compared these 2 brands of amps in there system specifically a MC-2100 vs DNA 0.5. Thanks in advance for your help.
  12. lordgarth

Need help Bi-amp 2205 & 225

:dunno:I was hoping someone here could help me figure out how to hook up these 2 amps. The manual for the 2205 only shows how to hook stereo & mono pixs. How many Y adapters do I need. Thanks in advance.
  13. lordgarth

Sound difference between Mc-2100 & mc7270

I was wondering about upgrading from my mc-2100 in dual mono to a single mc-7270. Hoping to hear from mc-7270 owners to hear their thoughts on this amp Rest of system: mc c32,mr-77,musical fidelity cdp,dali ikons 6
  14. lordgarth

Mc 225 or Krell kst 100

Hello all Mc fanatics, I know this might sound sacreligious, but would any of you sell a mc 225 to buy a krell amp. My reason is because the Krell amp runs in class A for the first 50 watts then switches to class A/B for the next 50. Supposedly class A brings out more music from cd's &...
  15. lordgarth

Tech. specs. for sm112

It would be very nice if someone could tell me what the specs are for my speakers. Or where I could get this info, thanks.
  16. lordgarth

Dual mono mc2100 or mc300

Hi, New member here. Just wanted some opinions what amps would be preferred & why? I'm using the amp thru Mc c-32, & Infinity's SM112 speakers[ about 25 yrs. old]
Back
Top Bottom