Search results

1. tx1488

Ess Hd-1200

Here's some pictures of the speakers in question, if anyone's interested.
  2. tx1488

Integrated amps to look

As is evidenced in many posts I have made before, I never miss an opportunity to proclaim my love for the H/K 730. It is hands down the best sounding receiver I've ever owned. It's rated at 40 wpc, rms @ 8 ohms, and it is the sweetest 40 watts I've ever heard. It's a plain looking little...
  3. tx1488

Turn off or not?

I do both. The equipment that is indoors and not exposed to wide swings in temperature, I turn off. The equipment that I use in my garage, and is thus exposed to widely varying temperatures, I leave on, especially during the winter.
  4. tx1488

Who Is The Receiver King????

Thanks for the moral support. I was feeling a little bit receiver deficient. :lmao:
  5. tx1488

Ess Hd-1200

Well, my roomate got done refoaming the woofers and recovering the grills. We hooked them up to my Harman/Kardon 730 and they sound f***in' great! I'm very impressed with the sound from these unusual speakers.
  6. tx1488

SX-1080 "center voltage"

If I'm not mistaken idle current and bias mean the same thing too, but don't take that for the Gospel truth, 'cause I'm pretty inexperienced.
  7. tx1488

Who Is The Receiver King????

Wow, I've got a long way to go. My only four receivers are listed in my signature, and the QX-747 is having some problems. :sigh:
  8. tx1488

Ess Hd-1200

Welcome to AK, soop. It looks like I'm the lucky recipient of your first post. I hope you have a good time here. :beerchug:
  9. tx1488

White Van speakers on the Bay

Wow, the White Van line up apparently includes the fancy sounding "Digital Research" as well. Oooooo, Aaahhhhh. :lmao: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14993&item=5767213378&rd=1
  10. tx1488

Where is Asynchronousman?

Weirdos that lurk around irritate the crap out of me. So, if you're lurking a-man.......... :finger:
  11. tx1488

Ebay problems need help PLEASE!!

That wanker is damn lucky I don't live in Houston. Hmmm....I better not say anything incriminating here. :naughty:
  12. tx1488

Ess Hd-1200

I'm just going by what my room mate told me. I haven't seen the speakers yet. As soon as I get to look at them, I'll post with some more accurate info. Thanks.
  13. tx1488

Well, the auction ended. I can hear the lucky winner now. "Dude, these speakers list for $2199.00 each, and I got the pair on eBay for $75.00!! Wait.....what happened?? How come my 50 wpc amp just fried my new badass speakers?? First the Ginsu knives, now this!! Is nothing sacred??" The...
  14. tx1488

I don't know how they could get anyone to bid on these. Although, I have heard something about one being born every minute...... :scratch2:
  15. tx1488

I was just browsing around on eBay, looking at speakers, and wow......I saw a bunch of White Van speakers listed. I did not know these were being sold on the Bay. Here's just one of the listings I found. Man, this stuff's hilarious. :lmao...
  16. tx1488

A deal? Check the shipping cost!

Plus, the guy just seems like a dick. :thumbsdn:
  17. tx1488

Dog House

Man.....you gotta control your woman.
  18. tx1488

Ess Hd-1200

My room mate picked up a pair of ESS HD-1200 speakers for a song the other day. They are 3 ways with a 12" woofer and horn mids and tweeters. They sound pretty good, considering that they are in need of a refoam. I'm curious to see if anyone knows some specs for these speakers, or has any...
  19. tx1488

Anyone know about this?

Oops, I had to leave the house for a few days. Now I've missed out. :sigh:
  20. tx1488

How are your speakers connected to your amplifier?

I use 16 gauge wire that is sold by the foot at my local hardware store, 'cause I think over-priced copper is just plain old... :bs:
  21. tx1488

Anyone know about this?

I saw this on eBay and I love the looks. Has anyone ever heard of this brand? I would really like to bid on it, but I'm leary to do so without any knowledge of this particular receiver. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50596&item=5762582777&rd=1
  22. tx1488

"Bulletproof" SX-1980

Hey Crooner, glad to see you're enjoying your new 1980! :wave: I've got a fan on mine too, but I had to put it on top 'cause of the solid surface it's sitting on. I've just got it blowing down on the tranny. :stupid:
  23. tx1488

sx-1980 service literature needed

It sounds to me like your customer doesn't know exactly what he's got. Tell him to do a search for completed listings on eBay. Once he sees that SX-1980s regulary sell for $1500 - $2000 (I even saw one go for over $3,000!!), he's liable to quit worrying so much about repair costs. This...
  24. tx1488

Can you show us your power meters?

I wish I had a digital camera. Oh well, check my avatar for now. :stupid:
  25. tx1488

is this getting out of control?

Wow! I'd say that things are definately getting out of hand with a price like that.
Back
Top Bottom