Search results

1. Oceanwolf

Cld-m301 help needed

I found out that the gear on my cld-m301 is stripped. I think I can use plastic epoxy to fix it. But I could not find a way to get it off. It has a black circular washer instead of the typical c clamp looking ones. How can I take it off the board? thanks
  2. Oceanwolf

C26 Balance question

It is a great pointer. My phone also was not working. I played with the rca plugs sound came back, both channels but when I remove the one plug it stopped. I’ll check the switch.
  3. Oceanwolf

C26 Balance question

Thanks for the suggestions. I have all the equipment to check it out. But the first order of business seems to be a good cleaning.
  4. Oceanwolf

C26 Balance question

I have a C26 with a Mc2505 matched to it. When the balance is in the middle I have good sound from both channels. When I move the balance to leftmost position I lose both channels, when I move to rightmost the right channel is on. Since it is OK in the middle, I am able to listen to without...
  5. Oceanwolf

Unrestored Pioneer SX-1250 sells fro $2,567

Goodwill is an hit and miss. I bought a couple of electronics from them. Some were great others did not work when I got it. They Alamo charge enormous amounts to ship. I keep reminding myself not to buy, but....
  6. Oceanwolf

What do I Do?

There is something interesting that is different among the audio listeners. Some of them are looking for the ultimate sound experience, some of them are more on the collectors side and care more about the equipment they are using. Some are pretty much in between someplace in this range. I think...
  7. Oceanwolf

What do I Do?

It is an interesting idea to use the center channel as an additional amp. 901s need a lot of power but with the size of the room and the type of music that we like (Jim Croce etc) , I am able to enjoy the loudspeakers by turning up the gain on the Amp and about 60% on the C26. If I go to 90%, it...
  8. Oceanwolf

What do I Do?

Before any 8 track aficionados bite our heads off for being uneducated, I checked the mechanism, there is no take up in an 8 track tape. The pinch roller is the only part that turns. It is an endless tape so it does not need take up. I guess my tapes are just old. I’ll open up an fix them.
  9. Oceanwolf

What do I Do?

Good call, I’ll check that out. I replaced the belt, but it posibbly needs more attention than that.
  10. Oceanwolf

What do I Do?

Here is my current setup. I also have a kt-5500 that I am working on to fix the lights. The squeezebox Transporter sounds great, I wish my 8 track tapes would stop breaking. I know it comes with the age. I was listening to Jim Croce and Eagles, they both broke. I have shrink wrapped ELO...
  11. Oceanwolf

Restoration in SF Bay Area

I am an ex-navy EW officer with a EE degree, I’ll definitely take the challenge.
  12. Oceanwolf

I totally agree. They are currently working fine with some issues that detoxit would solve without too much effort. I like thinkering with stuff. I will probably will take the risk.
  13. Oceanwolf

I have a C26 and MC2505. I maybe doing the restoration (mostly replacing the caps and bulbs) myself, but if I get into trouble are there any dependable restorers in the Bay Area? I prefer not to ship these very delicate and heavy equipment.
  14. Oceanwolf

What do I Do?

I bought miniDSP 2x4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014SJ420M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_J1DgCb54MENRG from Amazon. Then using the instructions @ https://www.minidsp.com/support/community-powered-tutorials/222-extreme-eq-with-the-minidsp-2x4 I was able to get what I want
  15. Oceanwolf

What do I Do?

I have 901 Continentals. They are Series II. I listen to rock ballads etc in a small room. So amp power was not issue for me.
  16. Oceanwolf

What do I Do?

C26 Manual shows direct connections to loudspeakers along with the power amp connection.
  17. Oceanwolf

What do I Do?

I don’t have the Bose EQ per se. I have a miniDSP that I programmed Bose 901 curve. I am trying to avoid using tape loops for the equalizer so I can connect R2R and 8 track players. I don’t have a matching tuner yet, I may use the tuner input for one of the tape players. I don’t think I will be...
  18. Oceanwolf

What do I Do?

Thanks fo the powered speaker idea. I had a pair of Boston Acustics HD7 for outside use, but I will use them somewhere else. Decisions, decisions.
  19. Oceanwolf

What do I Do?

I am lucky to get the original manuals with the preamp and amp. Possibly I will buy a small amp to drive the outdoor speakers. My current pioneer sx-680 is also under powered for my 901s at 35W per channel, but I really do enjoy them.
  20. Oceanwolf

What do I Do?

I just picked up a C26 and an accompanying mc2505. I have a pair of Bose 901s with equalizer, Akai 4000 reel to reel, pioneer h-r99 8 track player, dual 1218 turntable, squeezebox transporter and a pair of outdoors speakers. How do I hook them up? This is what I’m planning; I connect the...
  21. Oceanwolf

Pioneer SX-880 Cutting out

Now I know what to look for, I need better glasses and a bigger magnifying glass. Thanks for all the info here. My 880 does not have any sound at all, only the lights are working.
  22. Oceanwolf

Anyone around Twain Harte/Sonora California?

Checking for Audiophiles.
  23. Oceanwolf

Anyone in Silicon Valley and Bay Area?

I am in Morgan Hill, the vintage bug got me. I have a Sx-650 in great shape, an sx-880 without sound. I also got into 8 track tapes and laserdiscs.
Back
Top Bottom