Search results

1. M

Technics quality spreadsheet

Yes, but I have no idea on differences. probably class AA > class A but no idea on the 4DAC or 1bit MASH for example. I just never had a technics fail on me, my dad, grandpa and always had a great experience and quality of sound. like the SL-1200 mk5 have better sound than a new audio technica...
  2. M

what do you mean OP ? example: https://vintagetechnics.audio/tapedecks.php
  3. M

I've seen the website before, but couldnt figure out which ones are better than the other ones. i really wouldnt know where to start on the descriptions to figure out how to rank by myself. also i see a few things missing, like the Carbon fibre "EPA-102L Tonearm". The idea is go upgrading the...
  4. M

Technics CD Player

Hi, I'm a technics fan and I have a Technics SL-PJ37A. I've been looking at some better, "top of the line", CD players available out there and would like some feedback from people. what i've found is that the newer the cd players, the lighter they were. My guess is that electronics just got...
  5. M

Do any technics fans out there that would have a chart of better quality devices ? example: which would be the best tape deck / dsp in comparison ? Technics RS-TR373 is better quality of sound than SV-P100 or vice versa. same for CD players, turntables .. i know it's kinda subjective with...
  6. M

Technics SL-1700 vs SP-10 Mk2 vs New 1200G

Although it would look ok, i think that too much dirt would get everywhere if ran nude. so you suggest any kenwood ? kenwood kp-9010, kp-1100 (they are the same price) maybe sansui 838 ? which one would the "big kahuna" and which one is that last photo ?
  7. M

Technics SB-A38 speaker stand

Hi, Have anyone adventured themselves on doing a speaker stand for the SB-A38 ? i feel that they are staying a bit low on compared to a few other setups. i'm trying to copy the NS1000 stand so that it would sit a bit higher. cheers
  8. M

Technics SL-1700 vs SP-10 Mk2 vs New 1200G

what are the thoughts on each flagship turntable ? The SL-1700 mk1 is all ready to go while the SP-10 mk2 needs to get a tonearm and a plinth so i can mount the arm somewhere to be able to listen or the new 1200 ? i like the idea on playing shellac 78rpm from the sp-10 but have none to be able...
  9. M

Digitally recorded LP

It's a original 1982 digitaly recorded album ? As it looks. after reading "Digital Has Helped Records Sound Better" i think it's a good call. it's not digitally remastered. its digital recorded.
  10. M

Digitally recorded LP

Hi, Recently I saw an "eye in the sky" record(LP) from Alan parsons project that it says it was digitally recorded . What's the advantage / disadvantage / difference from the regular album? Wouldn't that be a bad thing as records are analogue ?
  11. M

vintage or new?

Perfect! Thanks.
  12. M

vintage or new?

Yes, I've seen there is some kind of auto-raiser for non-automatic turntables. http://www.thequp.com Once it reaches the end, just lifts the tonearm so it doesn't destroy the stylus. so I've been thinking maybe get a non-automatic and get a lifter.. maybe? I'll try to check out the Rega RP3
  13. M

vintage or new?

I've been told that the SL-5/7/10 are supposedly better than SL-J300R thou Would it make any difference from the AT-85EP ? I see that it is dual MM with the same radius .3 x .7 but don't know about the diamond tip. now I'm a bit confused which one to get for my SL-J300R. AT450, AT85EP...
  14. M

vintage or new?

unfortunately no :(
  15. M

vintage or new?

Grenadeslio, Nothing against Kenwood, just not as popular/common here in Australia where I'm from. The KD770 is nowhere to be found around here. so I'm trying to find something out.
  16. M

vintage or new?

I don't have anything close to me that would allow me to do that test. I have seen a few places, but the only ones that they test are the ones that are already open for demonstration and all on different amps, so it becomes hard to check. most of them are just the older used ones that are...
  17. M

vintage or new?

Hi Manfred / lini, I was still running the original Technics P30 until now, until the move when something happened and the needle bent and it is unusable now. I was thinking on an elliptical instead of spherical as a replacement. either Audio-Technica AT81CP cartridge, AT85EP or maybe try out...
  18. M

vintage or new?

the SL-120 must have been in a really good price. It's gone ! now only the 1700 mk1, SL-23, SL-220 ( & SL-BD2 , D2, D212 and a few other not as good ones)
  19. M

vintage or new?

Any reason why the SL-120 instead of the SL-220 ? it's the MK1 SL-1700, the MK2's reach same prices as the 1200 MK2. Sorry about not knowing this, but doesn't the SL-10 have less functionalities than my J300R with the same tonearm & cartridge ?
  20. M

vintage or new?

I have been researching for some better quality to upgrade my turntable. at the moment i have a sl-j300r but wanted to upgrade to something. i've been told that the tonearm and cartridge have a huge impact on the sound. i was in search for a semi-automatic or automatic turntable just so i dont...
Back
Top Bottom