Search results

1. F

Cartridges for Thorens TD-166 mk2

Hi all, I have a Thorens TD-166 mk2 with a TP-11 mk3 arm and a TP-63 wand. I am looking to upgrade my Linn K9 cartridge, and I am looking for some suggestions for a MM cartridge in the $100 range or below. As far as I am aware, the TP-11 mk3 arm has a very low arm mass, so it needs a very high...
  2. F

Tube phono preamp under $700

Hi all, I'm looking at getting a tube phono stage for a MM cart at around $300 - $500. Are there any decent options available at that price? I'm not too keen on doing any DIY as I have never tried anything of the sort before. I also don't mind if it's used gear or new. EDIT: Changed budget...
  3. F

Identifying cartridge and arm?

I bought myself a Thorens TD166 mkii the other day, and I need some help identifying the cartridge and the arm on the turntable. Any help would be much appreciated.
  4. F

ProAc Tablette 10?

Got the chance to pick these up cheap, so I was just wondering if anyone has heard about how good these bookshelf speakers are compared to others in the $1000-1500 range. Thanks.
  5. F

JBL 4430

I found a JBL 4430 in my local area for $3600AUD (around $2600USD). Would this be a good price for these speakers? Images here: https://imgur.com/a/4k8zZdw Also, what questions should I be asking to the seller about the condition of the speakers? E.g. Are the drivers from the original 4430s?
  6. F

Help with vintage JBL speakers?

Hello :) I'm looking to spend under $2000 for vintage JBL speakers. I'm mainly going to be listening to jazz and rock, and it needs to fill quite a medium sized room about living room size. Does anybody have any recommendations on which ones I should be looking out for?
Back
Top Bottom