Search results

1. J

Pioneer PL-7L cartridge recommendations

I'm going to have to put that album on next.
  2. J

I'm cranking some ZZ Top on the 1980 as we speak
  3. J

Ha, Good stuff! I'm sure your neighbors loved you
  4. J

Nice! I wish I'd have been smart enough to have kept all my gear from back then. I'm a fan of all vintage Pioneer. I've always wanted to hear one of those, but never have.
  5. J

Hi. Yes, Im in love with the 1980, I have a modern McIntosh setup with Sonus Faber Olympica 2's and IMO the 1980 with my JBL 100's blows it away. I actually have a GT-2000 and it came with the Ortofon 2M Blue, and was thinking of just getting one for the Pioneer, just wanted to hear from some...
  6. J

Can Anyone recommend a cartridge in the $300 to $500 range for a PL-7L to be paired with an SX 1980.
  7. J

Pioneer PD-91 won't play

Hello. Thank you. I will remove the cove and see if it's loose in the chassie.
  8. J

Pioneer PD-91 won't play

Hello, I just received a near mint Pioneer PD-91 from the UK, it powers up and accepts disks, but won't play. Does it sound like the laser was damaged during the trip from the UK to the US? It is in fantastic shape otherwise and I do not really want to return it if it sounds like it may be an...
  9. J

Step up/down transformer 220v &240V question

Thank you for all the replies. I will just go with the 3000w incase I buy more overseas gear. It sure seems for the most part the vintage gear in Europe seems to be in way better shape than what you can find here in the US.
  10. J

Thanks for the reply, would something like this be sufficient...
  11. J

Hi, unfortunately they do not have a voltage selector. I will see if I can find a schematic for both units. I was also thinking it may be easier to have an electrician run a 240v outlet to the room. Thank you
  12. J

New to the forum, sorry if this has been asked a million times. I just picked up 2 vintage units and one is from the UK and is 240V (Pioneer PD-91) and the other from Germany and is 220V (Pioneer CT-91a). Can someone recommend a SUT with both sockets that I can use both units at the same time...
  13. J

JBL 4430's?

Thank you for the replies, Does anyone know of a company that could build me some cabinets back to original Specs?
  14. J

JBL 4430's?

Hi everyone I'm new to the site, and would like any info you could possibly share on these JBL 4430's I acquired. As you can see from the pics the high and mid frequency level controls are upside down and the tops are slanted at a 45 degree angle. I can not find another pair of 4430's online...
Back
Top Bottom