Search results

1. R

magnavox 9304, which tubes are most important to sound? Input, Output or rectifier

Looking to continue the upgrades. I know one of the tubes was red planting before I got it and a lot of caps and resistors were out of tolerance before I replaced them. Figure this unit was used a lot and most all things need replacement.
  2. R

magnavox 9304, which tubes are most important to sound? Input, Output or rectifier

Looking to replace all my tubes, just wondering which is mosts important to good quality sound? Which would I splurge and get a better quality tube? input output rectifier
  3. R

suggestions on higher efficiency speaker kit to build (DIY)

looking for floor standing. I have a magnavox 9304 which is not huge when it comes to watts, so I'm looking for good way to get a high efficiency speaker for a lower diy cost. I'm pretty open to all options.
  4. R

was thinking something like this, with the box already cut and ready to put together. https://www.diysoundgroup.com/ht-8-kit.html Matt
  5. R

I'm honestly unsure of the difference.
  6. R

Any suggestions on a high efficiency speaker kit to build and not break the bank? I have some low watt tube amps and looking for more efficient speakers, thought best bank for buck is to find a DIY kit. thanks.
  7. R

More Fun With Magnavox: The 9300 Series

There is a ton of great info here, is there a schematic that contains all the upgrades or a Clif notes of what was upgraded? Thanks.
  8. R

New build? What is next step up from Magnavox 9304?

Looking for something that is still "budget" but puts out a little more wattage than maggie 9304? suggestions? Looking for a re-build project. Something I can update by replacing caps and resistors, nothing to major.
  9. R

El84 Sovtek vs Tung Sol matched quad for magnavox 9304

There is quite a bit of price difference in a matched quad, will I notice much different in the Tung Sol over the Sovtek?
  10. R

Zenith 7D31 compared to Magnavox 9304

I currently have a magnavox 9304 running as a stand-a-lone amp, I'm kinda interested in converting a Zenith 7D31 into a stand-a-lone unit also. I've heard lots of great things about the magnavox, but not much about the Zenith. Are Zenith very good, not seeing much love for them. Matt
  11. R

should I replace tubes on magnavox 9304? capacitors and resistors were all out of tolerance.

thought I was asking a different question, I deleted the old one to not cause confusion. "I could be wrong and maybe a more knowledgeable tube head can clarify but just because the caps & resistors are out of tolerance does not equate to all the tubes needing to be replaced" Thank you for this...
  12. R

should I replace tubes on magnavox 9304? capacitors and resistors were all out of tolerance.

I have a 9304 that I converted to standalone and have replaced all capacitors and resistors as they were all out of tolerance, should I assume the tubes are also worn? I'm not hearing anything bad, just knowing the resistors and caps were all out of tolerance makes me wonder about the tubes. I...
  13. R

Magnavox 9303 red plating even after replacing capacitors (not can) and resistors. Assistance needed

Thanks, it's better but still red plating. So I gotta keep looking!
  14. R

Magnavox 9303 red plating even after replacing capacitors (not can) and resistors. Assistance needed

After cleaning with the dental brush it seems way better. I was able to push it harder with volume and bass and it lasted into the 5th song instead of the first. 1. Do I just need to clean the socket better? 2. IF it was the coupling cap would it red plate at different time intervals depending...
  15. R

No, when the red plating starts, I unplug the the inputs so there's input at all and it continues to get more red until I power it off. It's seems to play longer without red plating when the volume is lower and bass is tuned down.
  16. R

As you suggested I started with the doors and same socket red plated within 10 seconds, I disconnected the input from the chassis and the red plating continued and got worse until i turned it off. Maybe the coupling cap I replaced at ping #2 is bad already? Maybe my next step is to replace...
  17. R

Yes, I moved the red plating tube to a different position, the same socket was red plating with a different tube also. Seems to be socket.
  18. R

I guess it could be a cold solder joint on one of the connections to that socket that I didn't touch with the replacement of caps and resistors as it was happening before replacement also.. Amy other thoughts on what to check?
  19. R

The red plating stays with the socket. Guess I need to look at the socket as I changed all capacitors and resistors other than can capacitors Any suggestions on cleaning inside the holes of the socket? I agree, not the doors!
  20. R

This 9304 was red plaiting before I changed all the Caps minus the can caps and the resistors and is still currently red plating. What else would cause this? Is just 1 tube, the tube closest to power supply. Attached picture. Another thing is it seems I can play a couple albums all the way...
  21. R

Scott S10 speaker efficiency? Thoughts on them?

Do you recall what you replaced during the referb?
  22. R

Scott S10 speaker efficiency? Thoughts on them?

That is the exact reason. I have 2 low powered tube amps. Magnavox 8802 and 9304.
  23. R

More Fun With Magnavox: The 9300 Series

What about replacing the ceramic capacitors with film capacitors? I'm going to replace the .0015 ceramic capacitor in the 9304 with a film capacitor 1500pf?
Back
Top Bottom