Search results

1. Curly_Racks

KR-9000 GX Relay replacement

thank you! I’m back in business. These may not be the prettiest solder joints but I reworked them to attempt a more slightly job. I didn’t want to press my luck considering the time it took me to get the old relay out. For whatever reason the Dolby FM selections all have a loud beep but my...
  2. Curly_Racks

Why Kenwood?

To me, I love the look of certain Kenwood's and feel that most people under-rate them in favor of Pioneer and Marantz. I do have an excellent modern Marantz which is nice with its HDMI and USB port for modern convenience but there is something about the VU meters and blue lighting on my Kenwood...
  3. Curly_Racks

Kenwood Eleven GX Protection mode

That’s mine (old one) on the KR 9000 GX which is similar to yours. There are many people on here who are wiser than I but this may be a good place to troubleshoot
  4. Curly_Racks

Kenwood Eleven GX Protection mode

Very Nice - does it seem to recover when cranking the volume? Could be your relay - I am in the process of replacing mine today
  5. Curly_Racks

Thank you. The row furthest from the screw post or closest to me in the picture correct? I’m sure it will be obvious once unsoldered.
  6. Curly_Racks

Thank you - here are the pictures I took. The omron 24 v does appear to have an extra row of pins.
  7. Curly_Racks

Also +1 on the relay link. The tech I reached out to also pointed me to this one although they cautioned it could be either 24 or 48. I’m sure someone here has replaced one and can confirm. I’ll be digging in this Winter ❄️
  8. Curly_Racks

First, thank you for the responses. I had this in the shop about a year ago and to my understanding the cleaned the relay along with some other minor replacements of which I would have to dig out my paperwork to confirm. The issue I was facing was an intermittent fading of volume that would be...
  9. Curly_Racks

Hey everyone, I tried searching old posts but I must be using the wrong terms. it sounds like my receiver is showing signs of a bad speaker protection relay. Does anyone know the best replacement part number to order and also a good guide I can follow to perform this operation? model is the...
  10. Curly_Racks

Banana Plug, Pin or Spades?

Do you mean to warn me that these style of plugs may lead to a nasty short?
  11. Curly_Racks

I’m building out my prototypes now - this is 10 Awg PV wire rated for outdoor use.... I’ll build some sicker ones with tech flex and 10 awg without this crazy thick coating over the winter
  12. Curly_Racks

Perhaps the Spade plugs? I ordered bananas and then spades as well... they look like a field goal post. I’m thinking spades would fit your set up although the ones I received are big. What’s the measurement on your terminals?
  13. Curly_Racks

Not everyone needs 10 gauge cables but since I have leftover copper from my solar panel install I might as well use it for something. I am looking forward to making these cables. I picked up some tech flex and will get them put together at some point this fall. I will share some photos once...
  14. Curly_Racks

Thank you both
  15. Curly_Racks

Hi, I’m going to make my own speaker cables with some 10 gauge copper leftover from my solar panel install - just because:) I ordered some spades and banana plugs (Nakamichi) and apparently I was way off base. The spades are much larger than I need. What would someone use these for? Car Audio...
  16. Curly_Racks

Kenwood KR 9000 GX

Yes that is the best one I found as well. Alex AV in New Hope MN is also a good shop for repairs but it will take about 2-3 months. I ran into issues on my left channel and they rebuilt my tone control and found an issue with the Gain being over compensated.
  17. Curly_Racks

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I picked these up at my local Goodwill - however they were an auction so I ended up paying $143 with tax. However, they look and sound great for being 40 or so years old. Kenwood KL-7770 D
  18. Curly_Racks

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

There is my Kenwood KR 9000 GX! This thing is so sick. I have a dual usb cube in one of the switched outlets with the iPod docking chord and an unused TiVo fan that I wired into an old usb chord to help pull away the heat from the vent. Great tuner, great sound, and a great looker. Plus the...
  19. Curly_Racks

Kenwood Model Eleven Timer Tutorial.

To Comfirm: Kenwood KR-9000 GX timer I fully wound it clockwise. Then, as gently as possible I rotated the dial back counter clockwise until the Reset indicator was aligned on to the top of the dial indicator. Mine seemed to stop here anyway. There was some resistance so I had been hesitant on...
  20. Curly_Racks

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/kenwood-eleven-ii-timer-help.458315/ Maybe this?
  21. Curly_Racks

Sorry about the quote but I’d love to know if you figured this out... I have 9000 GX with the same timer
  22. Curly_Racks

Kenwood KR 9000 GX

So far I have done the following: Blew out with a compressor Cleaned the boards and pots with CRC Contact Cleaner Cleaned and worked the pots with DeOxit D5 Cleaned switches with D5 Tested the speaker connections and volume controls. No crackling - sounds great I plan to remove the knobs and...
  23. Curly_Racks

Boy Do I Like The Looks of This! KR-9000G

Does the bottom of the power supply typically look like that? I’m guessing that’s some serious copper... I flushed with CRC since it’s cheaper then followed up with the DeOxit working the pots and switches. My first step was the air compressor to blow out tons of dust and webs.
  24. Curly_Racks

Kenwood KR 9000 GX

Starting to clean it up. Blew out a ton of dust with the compressor now starting with some CRC then DeOxit.
  25. Curly_Racks

Boy Do I Like The Looks of This! KR-9000G

Things a beast
Back
Top Bottom