Search results

1. RockinRandy

Pioneer Clutch

Hey I understand, and thanks for the response.
  2. RockinRandy

Pioneer CT-F9191 question

Unfortunately its that darn clutch, I've had the pleasure and pain of repairing 4 of these decks and only one didn't need a MTF clutch repair.
  3. RockinRandy

Pioneer Clutch

I see,OK well let me know when you're ready and I'll probably send you one if you're willing to fix.
  4. RockinRandy

Pioneer Clutch

Whoa,I see you're in the land of paradise. Expensive shipping
  5. RockinRandy

Pioneer Clutch

Where are you located @robstar as I just got off the phone with the guy who said he could duplicate the clutch and he hasn't even looked at it. The reason I ask where you are is because mtfixer hasn't responded to me in over a month and last check was in the hospital for a lengthy period and...
  6. RockinRandy

Pioneer Clutch

I haven't heard back from him yet and almost called him tonight but decided to wait until tomorrow. I've been working alot of OT so I haven't really had a chance to work on anything the last 3 weeks. I'll definitely let you know when I get it and try it out.
  7. RockinRandy

Pioneer Clutch

Will do
  8. RockinRandy

Pioneer Clutch

Yes and I'm going to drop it off to him Saturday. Will it work? I have no idea as I've never even seen it done but guys are printing Sony parts right and left so time will tell.
  9. RockinRandy

Pioneer Clutch

Assuming the Crack is the only issue with this part why can it not be 3d printed?
  10. RockinRandy

CT-F1000 Tape transport problem

Mine plays fine but has trouble with rew/ff and apparently Markthefixer is in poor health and not doing clutch repair. I looked at schematics on this deck as well and unfortunately don't see what you're needing. I'll keep searching for that mcb and also am trying to see if anyone else rebuilds...
  11. RockinRandy

Nakamichi Classic Capstan Motor

Anyone know where/if I can purchase a capstan motor for a Nakamichi 482z? I believe it's a matsushita EG530AD at 12v 2400rpm CCW. Works on 700ZXE and 580 series as well. Thanks Randy
  12. RockinRandy

NAD 6325 constant thump in background during playback.

Check all ground wires and any loose screws. Almost sounds like an out of round pinch roller. Did it start all of a sudden or gradually? I had a Pioneer doing that exact same thing, unbelievable to me was cleaning the head with De-natured alcohol and a De-magnitization lessened the noise but it...
  13. RockinRandy

Norman Laboratories 331

Hey there, what brand/year/model of the unit is it? The last car unit I repaired was a Kenwood 2 knob in dash style. They are a pain to work on but I can look at it assuming I think I can repair it. The brand and model # will tell me if I would even make an attempt at it. Kind regards Randy Brown
  14. RockinRandy

Norman Laboratories 331

I work part time for a guy that was part of the early Norman Labs engineering department. He now owns Speaker Works in Tulsa and repairs all brands of speakers while I repair the few cassette decks that come in every so often. I had some of the car stereo speakers back in the early 80s along...
  15. RockinRandy

Pioneer ct-f9191 clutch repair

Thanks Jeff, I'm Shipping it to Mark Monday time permitting.
  16. RockinRandy

Thank you sir for getting me in the correct place! I appreciate you for not being too harsh on me.
  17. RockinRandy

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to create a thread and I'm not a frequent user. Moreover I don't know how to remove it. I'm illiterate when it comes to forums and it's embarrassing.
  18. RockinRandy

In need of a clutch repair for Pioneer ct-f9191. Thanks Randy Brown aka RockinRandy
  19. RockinRandy

Pioneer CT-F950 CT-F1250 reel motor RXM-047 substitution

Hello there, I was wondering if you could tell me if your motors are the same as the RXM-019 that is on the CT-F9191 series of Pioneers. Appreciated Randy Brown
  20. RockinRandy

Kenwood KX-5550 Cassette Deck Question

Got it going however the type2 leaf switch is bad, going to remove and try to repair the plastic housing that keeps it down. Otherwise she's good to go,a good idea to lube the cam and head bracket track or else it might play fast due to pinch rollers not fully engaging. Good night
  21. RockinRandy

Kenwood KX-4520 belts

Thank you @Mister White I finally got it figured out, the capstan belt is a PRB-FRW9.2" and the tiny reel belt is a PRB-SCY2.2" They are installed and working great! Just got through adjusting the speed and this little 3 header sounds very good Again thanks for responding!
  22. RockinRandy

Kenwood KX-5550 Cassette Deck Question

I too have a donated KX-5550 and it plays at mach 1. I have a new belt kit and will Install tomorrow (Tuesday) and report back Wednesday the 27th. If you don't hear from me please ring my bell or send a message to remind me. I get carried away from midnight through approximately 4:00AM CST...
  23. RockinRandy

Kenwood KX-4520 belts

Evening all,I need to r&r a couple of belts on a Kenwood KX-4520 but Thakker seems to be the only place that has them. My question is if anyone has or knows the size of the capstan belt. I'm pretty sure PRB makes one,if not exact it would be within the tolerance range. Any help on belt...
  24. RockinRandy

Source of the belts for cassette decks?

Agreed! I tried that with a couple of Sony decks and the w&f was so awful it was very audible.
  25. RockinRandy

JBL 2800's- Why Do People Despise This Model?

I know, old thread... but Ford made the Pinto and the Continental, GM made the Cadillac and a Vega. My vehicle analogy to JBL and Cerwin Vega for that matter. Enjoy your speakers and watch some football, it's Fall of 2021.
Back
Top Bottom