Search results

1. Renslipevol

DIY Automatic end-of-record tonearm lifter on Technics SL-1200 MK 2

This is cool! I want to build one of these for my Denon DP-59m. Are you able to share your code for the Arduino?
  2. Renslipevol

Any Denon DP59L owners out there

I just received my DP-59M a couple of weeks ago from Japan. Mine arrived with the straight tonearm and a DL-103LC II Moving Coil Cartridge. I don't have the setup for a MC but I have mounted a new Grado Gold/Silver and spent a couple hours setting the cart up. I have to say that in listening...
  3. Renslipevol

Reproducing H.H. Scott 330D Dials

These will not crack as they are made of new epoxy resin.
  4. Renslipevol

Thank you! My dials were in terrible condition. One was split in half. I am considering to put these out there for purchase. I am still learning a lot about the process and if I can make them and they don't actually cost an arm and a leg. Considering the 3D models I have generated of the...
  5. Renslipevol

Update! I ordered some new resin because my old stuff turned yellow but I managed to pour these this weekend and I sanded the first one down today to the resin. Results? After six years, definitely! I still have to to sand the other dial down to the resin and lap out the two inserts so the...
  6. Renslipevol

Thank you! I remodelled the file in Tinkercad, which makes it a little easier to try different things. I thought I would also make a ScottKit version that I always loved the look of. Gold on Black
  7. Renslipevol

That is a sad state of affairs! These won't be perfect but they will be a nice replacement.
  8. Renslipevol

I made some adjustments on the printer and tried another setting. I tried something that I didn't think would work out that great, but it did. I sliced the STL with a smaller nozzle size that what I have, and made the line width 0.4mm on a 0.2mm nozzle. It shouldn't have printed as well as...
  9. Renslipevol

Thank you for the kind words! I know I haven't been keeping this thread up to date very much, but it's been a crazy year. Just after I posted my last update I decided to purchase my own printers and just do the whole process myself. Given the amount that I have learned about 3d modelling...
  10. Renslipevol

Good afternoon! Nothing like reviving a super old thread! With all the distancing and working from home, i decided to learn how to use autocad and I modeled up some dials from the old drawing file. I have a friend who is going to print them out on his 3D printer in white. I will then fill up...
  11. Renslipevol

Aikido Headphone Amp and PS1 Power supply

Hey all I picked up a Aikido Noval Headphone amp as well as the PS1 Power supply from Glassware Ive been reading the instructions and I'am not exactly sure what I should do with resistors 12a and 12b. They are part of an RC filter for each channel just before the Plate resistor for each...
  12. Renslipevol

Winged C EL34 Heater Flash??

My amp is custom made, yes. I built it myself. The heaters are powered via a 12v switching power supply, Im not certain of the inrush limiting on that power supply. The tubes were burned in for 24 hours, and matched by a very good, IMO, big online seller. Well Im praying it was just the...
  13. Renslipevol

Weird issue troubleshooting low level hum

That is some pretty thick looking traces on those boards. They all look good? This problem you are having smells of "Heat related" issues. I am not saying it is. But it sounds to me like something is heating up, and having a quasi connecting to ground. BUT, its getting into the audio...
  14. Renslipevol

Winged C EL34 Heater Flash??

So i bought a quad of Winged C's EL34 last year before they vanished. I decided to pull them out yesterday and have a listen. Definitely in love with the sound they can reproduce. Today, was the second time they have ever been fired up, by me. And today I noticed a blue flash, in one...
  15. Renslipevol

My Scott LK-72 Project

I think those places are just as good as any, if not the GOTO places. I've re-stuffed a couple of cans. And really, I wouldn't do it again. Just because it's a lot of work. I did it because I wanted the challenge and see if I could do it. The right tools make or break any job; magnified...
  16. Renslipevol

Well, I think I am finished with the Dial Scale drawings! :banana: Time to send it off to be made into a screen. Ugh, that FM dial is in SUCH bad shape.
  17. Renslipevol

Thank you! I am no where near being finished. That sample dial in the picture was just me fooling around with the lathe. I wanted to see how well I could polish the surface. It turned out ok. I spent about an hour on that sample dial but I have spent about 3 hours on the CAD drawing...
  18. Renslipevol

So I have had my 330D for a while now and the dials have been a sore spot on an otherwise minty Tuner. As far as I know, no one makes them, and Parted out Scott Tuners.....well :nono: So I have been thinking about this for quite some time. How to do it......Best way is to just start...
  19. Renslipevol

This sent me reeling with ideas... blank amp chassis

I've used a couple of those Chassis. Well made. Only gripe I had was that the holes for the upper and lower covers thru holes didn't exactly line up with the threads. Just dont tighten everything up until you have all the screws in. Then have at'er
  20. Renslipevol

New patch cord wire source?

:scratch2: I laughed at first. Then it was Googled. You learn something every day.
  21. Renslipevol

Rebuilding a powered Subwoofer

It's a Sound Dynamics ASUB15. I have no literature and the net provides nothing. Burnt solder traces, a couple burnt resistors and I think it's done. It's has to be almost 17 years old. I've looked at those plate amps at parts express, but I'd like to repurpose the power...
  22. Renslipevol

Rebuilding a powered Subwoofer

Okay. I realize I did not really provide enough information. The Sub-woofer is a dual coil, 4 Ohm each, 200W Power supply is ok and supplies +- 60V. I am curious if a simple stereo chip amp rated for 200W is a reasonable solution. Or am I going down the wrong path with trying to...
  23. Renslipevol

rde egd-40 Capacitor - which terminal is positive?

If they are attached to the Outer can, they are Negative. But to be certain, I would check with a Capacitance meter.
  24. Renslipevol

tube dac kit

I thought of doing this too. But I went a different route. I went a spent another 60 bucks and purchased an Aikido buffer, and stuck it between all my sources, not just the computer. I can't say my method is better or worse. I just know it sounds great to me. And he does have an Aikido...
Back
Top Bottom