Search results

1. Harley Fan

What are you listening to right now the second you see this post

Rush- Moving Pictures, just bought last night.
  2. Harley Fan

New ride for an old damaged dog

So! Here may be the ultimate Boomer hubris... new ink, paid for by my son. Left calf- :jump:
  3. Harley Fan

A couple of comments... These work-of-art wheels? That front rim is 13 bladed spokes. I'm 207#, and I'm keeping a sharp eye on them; the reason for a more reasonable 28c tire. Oh, and the showing off by hoisting the bike upside down? If you try this at home? Take the water bottle out first! :jump:
  4. Harley Fan

I MUST update this thread. So this year, with renewed vigor, I was going to tear up the road with my new Fuji Absolute flatbar. My neighbor Richard, up in years and now in ill health, was a kind of a iron man dude, Navy Seal in the late '60's/early '70's. And all his adult life, he was a...
  5. Harley Fan

Closing in on 1,250 miles... looks like with the (Indiana) weather closing in, it won't climb much higher than that, with old bones + cold air on arthritis + less daylight. With the Covid "forced semi-retirement", this bicycle (even more that my ol' Harley) has truly been my freedom machine.
  6. Harley Fan

Still at it. I made my goal of 1,000 miles this year; closing in on 1,100. It was wonderful this last weekend. This Cardinal Greenway has some real beauty to it.
  7. Harley Fan

Still fat, but loving it. Here's how to social distance: Roll at dawn! The Greenway is blessed with these. When you're 67, with a surgically repaired urinary tract, these are necessary. LOL You know, Father Time is undefeated. But I say to him: "Not this year, Reaper, not this year!"
  8. Harley Fan

Milestone update! I broke thru 1,000 miles this AM! 90% of my riding is done on two walking/riding greenways. Below is a bridge over a river that was once the Chesapeake & Ohio railroad, established 150 years ago to ship coal from Pennsylvania to the Ohio River in Cincinnati. This stretch is...
  9. Harley Fan

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

On the turntable last night, This morning, quiet house, I am giving it another go. "What's Going On" Marvin Gay Kanton Carat 940 speakers.
  10. Harley Fan

Awaiting my CR-420

It does indeed appear your CR-420 is pristine. That unit anchored my first system 43 years ago and was wonderful. I have very little to add on the technical side of things, but when I started putting together a system a couple years ago, I chose a similar-aged "serviced-but-not-restored" Yam...
  11. Harley Fan

Interesting Stereo Ads? Post a pic for memory lane's sake.

Cassette and eight track! Groovy.
  12. Harley Fan

Vintage Yamaha: Whose Name is on Yours?

Yamaha CR-1040 stickered by K. Yamamura dated 4-6-79 Yamaha CR-820 stickered also by K Yamamura, no date Yamaha TC-1000 cassette deck stickered by S. Okamoto, dated 6-12-78
  13. Harley Fan

Finally Getting to Any Audio Projects During Covid-19?

I did some stands for some recently acquired Canton Karat 940's a couple weeks ago. I had made the system table years ago out of quartersawn white oak and wanted to try to match that. The Canton cabinetry is outstanding, seems to be made from mahogany, and they weigh a TON altho they are...
  14. Harley Fan

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

My mom, gone 7 years now, would have been 100 years old this week. I'm a rock fan, but today, I've listened twice to this Andy Williams record just now... he was my mom's all-time favorite singer. I bought this record at Goodwill for a buck. The jacket was beat to crap but the vinyl was pristine.
  15. Harley Fan

Hahahaha! Wrong forum, Dean! These folks over here think I know what I'm talkin' about and are nice to me! :rockon:
  16. Harley Fan

Dingman, I'm not in love with these Zaffiro 700x28's. WHAT ARE THESE WONDERFUL TIRES??
  17. Harley Fan

Thanks to all for the great words. Appreciate them! I'm 70 miles in, mostly doing shakedown rides. This is a sign of our times- the Ball State University campus on a Friday at 2:00 PM. Ghost town. I'm blessed with having a rails-to-trails greenway nearby. This trailhead is 10 miles out if town.
  18. Harley Fan

Danddd, I agree with the seat comment. In my 11 mile ride home from the bike shop, I knew the seat had to go. It was on the Spartan "racy" side. Years ago, I had bought a TFI Liberator seat, strategically padded and covered with fancy Italian glove leather. On it went, and am very happy. As a...
  19. Harley Fan

The Toolbox Thread--what interesting tools do you own?

OK, I only post this to make you folks smile. Years ago, I had a final drive bearing go bad in an old Superglide I owned. There are several specialized tools JIMS sells to pull bearings, etc. to remove the transmission, and I bought that kit, but I improvised on this one. I made an arm out of...
  20. Harley Fan

Agree! That's a Bontrager 450 lumens light that the kids got me last birthday. At dusk, it'll light up stop signs, etc. blocks away. More recent technology we benefit from. The incandescent lamp is becoming quaint, now...
  21. Harley Fan

I'll try to be brief but "brief" ain't in me usually. I'm now 67, and although there's nothing I like more than hitting the road on my motorcycle, I've always loved to ride a bicycle. I never had the VO2 max to race, but I liked to "short-tour" occasionally. Riding tipped briefly into obsession...
  22. Harley Fan

Newby, having fun again with a modest system

Well, as I'm treating this thread as a "dear diary", I'll show you my latest updates. I FINALLY gave the marginal speakers the heave-ho, in favor of these German Canton Karat 940's. I know little about the Cantons, and on the recommendation of one I trust, bought these sight unseen (and...
  23. Harley Fan

Talking oil can get you in trouble

The OP cartoon is Brilliant! And, oddly enough, I had not seen it. :jump:
Back
Top Bottom