Search results

1. pliskin

Audio Karma Speaker Find

Just hooked them up for a listen and I can definitely say $20 well spent. They have tons of base and bright clear vocals and highs. No distortion even at 3/4 volume, I'm very surprised. They play very loud and sound better compared to the Pioneer CS-66 pair I put them up against. They must have...
  2. pliskin

Audio Karma Speaker Find

I was in a sushi restaurant in OC MD and they had some speakers hanging from the ceiling. I googl them and see they were Japanese DJ speakers. I can't remember the brand but I know they were expensive. Anyway I forgot about them. Fast forward 3 weeks. DUAL DJL103E I see these sitting at a yard...
  3. pliskin

Epiphany Seismic Series 2 Sub

Anyone ever hear of Epiphany Seismic Series 2. I ran across a powered sub today and was curious. It looked like a 12" powered one but I've had no luck on my web search. I'm leaning to white van special as there is no model info on the back plate. Thanks
  4. pliskin

Long time audiophile but still need advice.

I'll sell you my Thorens cheap! How does $100 sound? Might need to mod it a bit.
  5. pliskin

Lens Cleaning Solution For Vinyl

Actually, yes. I got new eye glasses and they came with a 8oz bottle and refills are $1.99. Came with a little 1oz spray bottle as well. As far as rinsing after, I'm having a hard time coming to grips with that. When I rinse visible dirt off my car with a high pressure spray guess...
  6. pliskin

Lens Cleaning Solution For Vinyl

I know this has been discussed to death but I'd like to know if anyone has used eyeglass lens cleaning solution to clean their vinyl. Thanks, but I'm not looking for a home-brew solution as I already know about them. I was more curious if anyone has used lens solution and what your opinion is...
  7. pliskin

Realistic Mach Two advise

Believe it or not I just saw a pair in GW for $100 each! WITH ROTTED SURROUNDS! I spotted them across the entire store and knew immediately what they were. To bad about the surrounds and even worse the price. As much as I like them $200 for a pair that needs foam is out of the question. Still, I...
  8. pliskin

Realistic Mach Two advise

I have a pair that I re-foamed about 15years ago. Still going strong. I really like them especially when you need to rock-out the entire house. If I ran across a pair for $50 I'd grab them. You could always just buy a new woofer and and refoam. Mine put out plenty of bass and was never afraid to...
  9. pliskin

speaker find: onkyo 20c speakers

Bringing this thread back from the grave. I have a pair of Onkyo model 20's. You are correct, they are amazing and are beautiful to look at. One of my favorite pair and always in my lineup. Evey new vinyl I buy gets the first listen on them. From the lack of info in the web I'd say they are...
  10. pliskin

Best Audiophile Cat Scratching Posts...

Is that a 2001 reference? Don't jinx it man. I got a couple monoliths staring at me right now. And the monkey will win when the cat comes scratchin'.
  11. pliskin

Even better yet he drags his butt and balls across the carpet because......no fingers and it itches really, really bad. I'd probably do the same thing if I was only got let out twice a day to do my business (or had to crap in a box full of sand the rest of my life). I'd be getting some major...
  12. pliskin

I usually ignore cat posts but you all get what you deserve for having a cat and trying keep your speakers nice.:rflmao:
  13. pliskin

How Long Did It Take You?

Yup
  14. pliskin

Yup, I have a bunch of other collections also. Bicycles, motorcycles, a few antiques, hot wheels, and more.......now I'm into an old pickup truck I got in a trade. It never ends Sounds like the time I bought a drone for my son and he flew it into the top of a 40ft pine tree in the first 30 seconds.
  15. pliskin

That's what I'm trying to do but more speakers keep finding me and I find myself wanting to keep the good ones even though I don't listen to them.
  16. pliskin

Bi wiring solved my bass boom - how + why?

WOW! This thread sure did grow wings. To answer your question I was listening listening on a turntable and the terminal plates looks to be gold plated (quality B&W speakers) . This was my technics TT and it does not have a ground wire to the amp. So, I hooked it to one of my Realistic TT's with...
  17. pliskin

I guess its better than having a giant collection of Garbage Patch Kids, Longerberger baskets, or old newspapers.
  18. pliskin

Has a system upgrade changed your music preferences?

Yes it has but I listened to metal on a boom box mounted in my Chevel when i was a kid. I still like metal but it doesn't sound so good on some of my equipment. That's when I break out the Cerwin Vegas.
  19. pliskin

Some of you probably have a problem like me. A collection gone out of control. One day I found a beat up Pat Benatar album in the middle of the road. So i picked up a turntable so I could listen to it, then better speakers. Then I needed 4 speakers......Thats what started me down in a spiraling...
  20. pliskin

Not yet , they just have the flat metal jumpers connecting the terminals. And when I say the woofers are falpping, I mean they look like they are playing a completely different song. At low volume they sound OK but I can see something that strange is going on when I turn them up a little. I know...
  21. pliskin

I have a pair of B&W bookshelf speakers that are doing the same thing. The woofers are flapping in and out and don't sound good at all with the terminals wired together. Can't figure out why. I might give your way a try and see what happens.
  22. pliskin

Interesting Technics SB X-30

Well, I can't say I have heard a Heresy to compare them to but these Magnavox S-8765 sound great to my ears. The bass is not in your face but it goes really low. And, there is a lot of coming from the horns. They work very well together to produce a very easy to listen to sound. I even threw...
  23. pliskin

Vintage Radio Shack/Realistic Speakers?

I've owned more Realistic speakers than any other brand. They seem to be plentiful. Some sound good some not so good. Some have quality drivers that seem to never need new foam (unlike many more expensive brands). If fact yesterday I grabbed a really nice pair of Nova 6 that look new inside and...
  24. pliskin

He gave me these old Magnavox too and a couple other Realistic that were blown. He doesn't collect and is not interested but somehow he's given me lots of cool speakers over the years.
  25. pliskin

A friend of mine gave me these Technics SB X-30 speakers. At first glance I thought they were cheap boombox speakers. I was wrong. These things are heavy built little tower speakers (about 20" tall). . They sound really, really good especially for their size..... I'm amazed at how good they...
Back
Top Bottom