Search results

1. K

Sansui 2000...no sound + knob static

Ok, back in the saddle. Where to take/send this for service? Any dead-lock cinches for 'em? Or just look for a reputable "vintage repair" guy/shop?
  2. K

Onkyo 6 CD carousel repair help?

One last OT question and I'll go with a final "thank you all!" - 1967-8? Sansui 2000 (not x, etc.). Need service. Any go-to's?
  3. K

Mind you this is vintage 1991 and premium for it's time, I paid good money and Onkyo, Denon, Harmon Kardon was top-notch and harder to find. It was tip-top until it got put aside for a handfull of years and then reconnected 6 yrs ago. So, no prior indications...and not very much use in the...
  4. K

Some people are just too smart, :-). Thanks!
  5. K

Ditched the original. Looks like they didn't fall all over themselves making a new model every year and much stuff can you stuff into a 6-cd carousel for under $200? Thanks! NOW.....my matching 1990 Onkyo dual tape deck turns on...and then shortly after, switches off, think after trying to...
  6. K

Props and thx Dude. Might have to chunk the broken relic, though there weren't many variants updates in-between. Have too much other sellable, profit-wise, stuff to waste time on. Dam! I'm just way too nostalgic about having/keeping my own personal time capsule of the Glory Days!...Cue the...
  7. K

Well, magically, randomly I go out to eat tonight (off-work) and decide to kill time and do a few errands and hit the local Essex Bargain Hunt 5 minutes away. It's a junk store unless you're a picker :-) If you've been, you know. So I see an Onkyo DX-C390 6-disc CD changer in-box with remote...
  8. K

K. Cleaned up/out the VTC as best I could access trying not to contaminate or remove deoxit from pots, etc that didn't need it. Still no sound output. Another angle here? Reminder, we had the snap crackle pop static bursts on knobs and output and when bumping/tapping many areas, too many to...
  9. K

Ok, ok, ok! If in proper place - snapped/locked/etc.....then?...look for the replacement laser carriage unit as mentioned above? You get gears with that? Or is it the enitire changer tray assy? Have not looked yet. May be rhetorical once I do. TBD. Thx!
  10. K

Okey donkey...I've done a much more careful spray cleandown of the VTCap to remedy all/some of the De Oxit, I hope. Let er sit and and dry for 2 days. Still no output sound. Not the static, the pop or the crackle...the pop and static and crackle I was able to remedy with light finger pressure...
  11. K

Also, when you power down the unit, the laser assy returns to its resting/off position, right? Wherever that is. When you turn unit on it gets to skipping gear teeth pretty quick w no start/stop or intermittancy (new word?) in the pattern...that is, once it starts slapping gear teeth it will...
  12. K

Thx Cap n Doc. Laser carriage does move on the guide rail w minor effort because it's driving the gears/motor...and then zip!...it skips past 3 or 8 teth and settles back in and travels to the end. Harder to get it started at either end of the carriage rail, but I have no reason to think it as...
  13. K

Model DX-C320. PROB #1 The underside of white gear wheel engages the track on the laser carriage allowing it to travel as it reads media. It's skipping/teeth not engaging, just rubbing on each other and making a racket. Carriage won't move on it's own any more. The noise used to happen a...
  14. K

Simple question, pls. Which bard/section to post a question re: Onkyo CD repair?

Simple question, pls. Which bard/section to post a question re: Onkyo CD repair?
  15. K

I do appreciate the useful info, everyone. And definitely...the recent silence :)
  16. K

Thx, Dr*A, that was my next question, given all the assumptions (I beleive to be reasonably/logially true)...A possible good cleaner to try to undo what I I did, admittedley, in a doofus moment of...wait for it..."Oh, look! Some D5 left over, let's spray MORE stuff...it HAS to help, right?!"...
  17. K

- And at least someone can do it without sounding condescending, or telling you to take a jab/rib. And that's every tech board. You're presumed to be a dumma** and addressed as so in large part until you prove you aren't...instead of a simple "coach and council" approach. Ego. Too much here...
  18. K

Ok, got educated. Var Tuning Cap definitely got some deoxit...feel prety sure on that. My stupidity aside...assumption confirmed. Next...?
  19. K

I fear Red is assuming the worst and that I went in ham-handed with prybar, a sledgehammer and a case of beer...sonds like. Though I did go in w/out an audio tech degree. Bygones. Only a very light slight flex of the vert board with horizontal pressure stops the crackle/static. So...Let's...
  20. K

Ok, cleaned once, worked everything that was moveable...over and over and over. Knobs freed-up, etc. Still had similar crackle/static...THEN...started tryng to locate source by tapping, etc. Stay with me...the upright PCB/circuit board (vertical) right behind the bulb assy in pics above, If I...
  21. K

Still need help or a redirect...PLEEEEASE! Most importantly how much disassembly? I'm here...see pic, pls. And thanks! Sorry, I said: I've cracked 'er open, pulled the knobs/locknuts off, pulled the faceplate off...how deep do I have to go in disassembly/teardown for best results to...
  22. K

I like that, CENTURY TEK, thx. Step one is the clean. Had mad static in tuner knob and esp Bass knob, maybe Treble 15 years ago and Dad did a clean of some sort that resolved it...all I know. It was "dead", no radio sound when I got to it....just need to know how far to tear down to do the...
  23. K

Got my D5 DeOxit. I've cracked 'er open, pulled the knobs/locknuts off, pulled the faceplate off...how deep do I have to go in disassembly/teardown for best results to remove this crackle/static/no output at random problem? At least as far as the DeOxit procedure goes, please? I understand...
  24. K

Done a lotta tapping in a lotta places, lotta "static bursts" in lotta places. Plenty of these could be from tapping "near" a problem area too hard, of course...contaminating the rudimentary test. Lemme guess, these aren't fluid-filled electrolytic caps that will bulge and show an obvious...
  25. K

1 owner Sansui 2000 bought IN Japan by Dad in Air Force in late 60's. All OEM, no repairs, ever. One cleaning due to scratch and static blowing through with radio/tape sound/knob turning/etc. Dad fixed it 10 years ago. - Now: No sound. I took it, opened it up, still clean, and hooked up a...
Back
Top Bottom