Search results

1. Drkilldrmz

MX 114 Rebuild / Replace the Volume Potentiometer

Looking for some advice on the best way to get my MX 114 Tuner Preamp singing clearly again.. The Volume pot like many older units is worn, and isn't accurate until above 11oclock on the dial. I have flushed and exercised t with Deoxit, but no luck. Im hoping someone might know of a viable...
  2. Drkilldrmz

CSI Ed Long MDM-4 Mix Down Monitors

Good morning to the Experts. I'm looking for some speaker surrounds for a pair of MDM-4 monitors. These are installed Inverted. I ordered a single to test fit, and it was great Except it doesn't quite fit the cone. Just a little to wide. This is what i have now PN= 610-612-1 ID = 4-1/4 OD...
  3. Drkilldrmz

Capacitor question

I'm trying to locate the correct Caps for an RSb project. 75 mfd, 100v non polar. Not having much luck though. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks!
  4. Drkilldrmz

Q Jr Questions

Hello all. I'm new to Infinity, but not new to nice speakers. I just picked up a pair of Q Jr's ( inexpensive) and have a few questions. Firstly, the Woofers have been replaced with an 8 OHM MCM Audio dual VC 55-1465. Is this an appropriate replacement or were the originals a 4 ohm...
  5. Drkilldrmz

Pioneer t-3300 deck manual or Belt sizes needed

Just got this interesting deck, and it works but shuts off shortly after pressing play. I believe it's the Counter belt broken. I can see 2 of the belts clearly, but the counter belt is behind all the circuitry. Looking for a manual or Belt sizes if i can find them. Thanks!
  6. Drkilldrmz

AR 2A Cabinet

Quick question.. I have a pair of AR 2A's i just recapped, Resealed, and they sound great. I started to strip off some terrible White Paint, and when I'm finished, id like to either Stain or Poly the cabinets. Anyone have a guess as to what wood grain this is? I thought Birch, but maybe pine...
  7. Drkilldrmz

Quick AR 2A questions

I have reached out to Roy C here for the cloth surround coating, but i just bought a set of these 2A's and it seems i have all the usual issues with the unmolested speakers. Ill be pulling them to investigate everything. Advice needed on a couple things though please The Speaker cone is...
  8. Drkilldrmz

Denon POA2200 issues

Hoping someone can point me in the correct direction for an issue im having with this amp. I purchased this amp along with some other nice gear, but this one has issues im really hoping to figure out. On testing it out the first time, Only the right channel was working. Left channel A was...
  9. Drkilldrmz

Soundcraftsman pe2217-r

Someone put this at the transfer station with a cut cord. If i remember, this wasn't a great brand way back when, but i brought it home and put a cord on it, and im running it now on the bench with a set of Mackie powered speakers, and it sounds great. Faders are sticky, but im impressed by it...
  10. Drkilldrmz

Bozak ls400A

I posted in dollars and cents, but now i have some actual questions about these speakers. Might get long.. Sorry. There is a resource on the web saying that these LS series speakers were their worst offering. Others say that the 3 way with the modern tweet is desirable. They have the Aluminum...
  11. Drkilldrmz

Bozak LS400A speakers?

Hello Group. There is a pair of these locally to me im interested in. Seller states that they work well, but i haven't heard them yet. Limited information on the Web indicates Bozak is a good brand, but not much on this model. Seller listed them at 200, then came down to 150 when i inquired...
  12. Drkilldrmz

AR XA Headshell Wiring quesion

I reeeally would like to change the Head-shell connection on my AR XA to accept other standard shells, But in the meantime, i put a new to me Shure 91ed on it. In the process, one of the Wire leads broke off the cart end and i re-soldered it. Fine enough, but it stopped putting out sound after...
  13. Drkilldrmz

Elac running slow.

Replaced a bad motor I'm my idler, but am running slow now. About 32.2 rpm. My question is. The idler wheel is perfect, I actually have 2. Is there a small bearing in the center of that idler wheel that needs to be spinning, or is that simple support to sit on the shaft?
  14. Drkilldrmz

Should i Modify my AR XA, or leave it stock?

I have a near mint AR XA turntable mostly original except for a Tone arm lift i assume was put on early in it's life. I had considered sending it out for the full MOD treatment, ( Mr. Morin.. Hope you are doing well ) But im thinking i can add the RCA and AC plug modifications myself. I know...
  15. Drkilldrmz

Tinker's workshop part 2

Most of these 15 tables I picked up are lower quality bsr, gerrard, panasonic tables, but in the mix was this AR. Working except it needs a stylus. I'll get one of them this coming week and a belt, but could I use another cart like an AT 95 to test it? Or it it specific maybe. Here is a poor...
  16. Drkilldrmz

Recently given a tinkerer's workshop full

I answered an ad gifting a free turntable, and ended up agreeing to help clean out a tinkerer's workshop. Ill be getting the contents later today and will have several questions I assume, but at first glance, I have seen a few Gerrard, AR, KLH, and several others hiding in boxes. Most have good...
  17. Drkilldrmz

Nagatron 344DE?

20190202_152015 by Drkilldrmz posted Feb 2, 2019 at 3:25 PMCant seem to find any information on this cart. I'm looking for the tracking force if anyone is familiar. Thank you!
  18. Drkilldrmz

Is this gear i should buy?

I am offered some things im not familiar with and can't find too much information on, so i thought id ask if they might be worth taking a shot on to enhance my system. Right now im still in the building process, so just adding things as i come across them. I have a Higher end Onkyo ARV Receiver...
  19. Drkilldrmz

Need an Elac spindle

Hello group. I have a Benjamin Elac 620 in mint condition, but missing the spindle that holds the record. Is there any source available to get one before the weekend? Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom