Search results

1. gkimeng

New use for DeOxit (cooking related, really!)

The igniters on my fancy Viking cooktop started getting temperamental recently. They either wouldn't light the burners or wouldn't stop firing once the burners were lit. Turned out to be caused by deposits of impurities in the gas clogging up orifices in the burners and flame detectors. A few...
  2. gkimeng

Akai GX-F95 in the house

$50 CL outing. My Dolby cal tape indicates that I'm going to have to pop the top and adjust the play trimmers a bit, and it needs a bit of cleaning and lubing here and there, but otherwise 100% functional. Even the silly motorized lower door works.
  3. gkimeng

Multichannel patch cords...where?

So having finally taken the plunge, it strikes me that it would be help avoid adding to the patch cord forest if I could get a single cable with 5 RCA plugs at each end to run between the preamp and power amp. They don't seem to exist, except in the form of snake oil laden "high end" products...
  4. gkimeng

Crossover calculators?

I see a bunch of online crossover calculators that allow you to plug in driver impedance and desired frequencies and generate cap and coil values. Anybody know of one that works in reverse, that is, plug in driver impedance, cap and coil values and have the calculator tell you what the...
  5. gkimeng

No phono stages or tape monitors?

I've looked at several "A/V receivers," and they don't seem to have built-in phono preamps or any sort of tape monitor switches on their front panels. I can get outboard phono stages, but is there some other scheme I'm not seeing in these receivers for accomplishing an in/out loops for 3-head...
  6. gkimeng

No tape monitor in A/V units?

I've looked at several "A/V receivers," and they don't seem to have tape monitor switches on their front panels. Is there some other scheme I'm not seeing for accomplishing an in/out loop for 3-head analog decks or signal processors, or is this an extinct feature as far as "home theater"...
  7. gkimeng

Source for stereo cable with ground wire?

Anybody got a source for this? I don't need "high end" silver or anything, just regular shielded cable, two channels with a third wire for ground all molded together. Either a finished cable with RCA plugs at one end and plain wire at the other or just the raw cable I can put my own plugs on...
  8. gkimeng

Shure: stylus vs cartridge?

While going through some boxes today I came across my old V15II cartridge, which I had not used in over 20 years since I replaced it with an ADC XLM II because it cost less than a replacement stylus. I did some shopping, and I can get a NOS Shure stylus for the V15 II for $89. This happens to...
  9. gkimeng

Sony compact stereo mystery control?

While I shop for a replacement for my beloved but now defunt 1970's Kenwood amp, I'm stuck using my wife's old Sony shelf system. There are two controls that I've never seen. One of them is "DBFB," which appears to be just bass boost because that's all that happens when I turn it, and I've...
Back
Top Bottom