Search results

1. Groove-man

H.H. Scott PS-57 info/help

And here's the service manual https://www.vinylengine.com/ve_downloads/index.php?hh_scott/hh_scott_ps_17_47_57_67_76_87_service_en.pdf
  2. Groove-man

Here's some pictures
  3. Groove-man

Popped it open. Nothing out of sorts. It has to be the belt.
  4. Groove-man

Looking at the mounts they seem fine. The rubber grommets don't appear to be deteriorated. And everything appears to be in original configuration via the exploded view of the ps-47 in the service manual
  5. Groove-man

After mulling it over I think it has the wrong size belt on it. I was gonna be replacing it anyway; so we'll see what that does. Any other suggestions/info are much appreciated.
  6. Groove-man

Hello, I Just purchased a H.H. Scott ps-57 belt drive turntable. There's little to no info around for it. The only thing I've found is a general service manual for the line that doesn't have a exploded view of my tt. I'm hoping one of you fine people have some insight. The issue I'm having is...
  7. Groove-man

Akai AA-6600 help

So I have an Akai aa-6600 that has chatter and hum (best way i can describe it) in the right channel. All good logic would dictate it needs some caps replaced. Any suggestions where to start? This will be my first time recapping for this kind of issue. I've replaced the odd leaking one in the...
  8. Groove-man

Interesting accessories and hifi oddwear

Techmoan did a video of one a couple of years ago. Very cool.
  9. Groove-man

I have a copal timer (picture also lifted off internet) pioneer made an practically identical one.
  10. Groove-man

Thought I should start a thread on cool or odd hifi accessories and hardware i.e. Timers, rca/speaker switchers, receivers with cool meters, and of course things that go ping
  11. Groove-man

Relistic Lab-500 help

Here's a clip of the repeat mechanics in the 500. My bet is it's the switch
  12. Groove-man

Anyone here ever re-belt a Realistic SCT-3000 cassette deck?

I'm glad it's a good preformer, realistic tape decks can be real hit and miss. I bought it mainly on looks, it matches a Sherwood s-7250 I have perfectly. Once I get my relistic lab-500 working I'll have a solid secondary setup on my hands. I have an akai gx-f90 on my main (and currently only)...
  13. Groove-man

It has a sticker from a repair shop, so it was repaired and serviced at some point in its life. All the belts are in great shape besides the capstan belt. I only paid $10 for the unit so I can't complain.
  14. Groove-man

How'd you makeout? I just bought the same model and the capstan belt (belts?) have rendered into goo. I'm also curious where you sourced belts, I've found them hard to find.
  15. Groove-man

ADC cartridge

Thanks, I'll pass the info on to him. :rflmao:Ain't that the truth, with a 1/2inch mount TT the sky's the limit.
  16. Groove-man

ADC cartridge

It sounds good, it's on a technics sl-220 (50 dollar find!!!) that I'm giving to my brother. What stylus would you recommend? I'll pass that information to him so he can make a decision.
  17. Groove-man

ADC cartridge

Its right about 790
  18. Groove-man

ADC cartridge

It's reading .006 ohms
  19. Groove-man

ADC cartridge

A recent purchase came with an ADC 125 QE cartridge. I found very little information about it (or ADC) on the web. Anyone here have any knowledge to share? Thanks!
  20. Groove-man

Relistic Lab-500 help

I hope so, mechanically it appears to be fine. I'm fairly certain you're right about the cart.
  21. Groove-man

Relistic Lab-500 help

I'm gonna have to rewire, I can't get enough slack. It would appear that it was repaired at some point in the past. The solder job on the back of the pins was bad... the solder is making the pin immovable. The guy I bought it from probably tried to fix it himself.
  22. Groove-man

Relistic Lab-500 help

Thanks, shooting from the hip is the stage I'm at with this problem. I probably don't need to remove the arm, though it could make things easier (or more difficult). I could try getting more slack by just doing the tab, though it may not be enough. I could possibly unscrew the phono pcb to get...
  23. Groove-man

Post a pic of your Electronics Bench

The saw is a component of the frustration, nothing brings more of it than smacking your shin against the depth adjustment handle... but cutting things in half sounds nice... so does burning them...
  24. Groove-man

Relistic Lab-500 help

Blue (left ground) detached from the back of the headshell lock assembly. It's to short to reach it now so I can't re-solder the connection. The pic is of the underside of the unit right under the tonearm.
Back
Top Bottom